• 195 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2118 Players Online
  • 1923 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

The State of Bedrock Part 2

Discussion in 'MCO/Bedrock Discussion' started by RiotRealm, Sep 6, 2022.

?

Will mineplex just let the bedrock server sit there and die?

1. Yes

79.7%
  2. No

20.3%
  1. Most of this thread is gonna be a copy and paste of a thread I made months back, a few changes. This thread is about the BEDROCK server.

Mineplex Bedrock has not received one real update in over 15 months. What I consider to be a “real” update or an update that includes new content for players to experience. Since July 4th of 2021, Mineplex has only released map updates, small bug fixes, and recycled content (such as CW solo and the seasonal updates). Some of the most popular game modes on the server remain broken to a state which makes them unplayable (such as block hunt). Particles are broken and have been for well over a year, the last version they work correctly on is 1.16.40. All it takes to fix the particles are simply swapping the block ids to match the ones on the newer versions. Despite all the lack of effort to do anything with the server, mineplex thinks it’s ok to release a subscription-based rank, priced at $13/month called VIP+ which includes barely any incentive to buy it. Also need to mention that I purchased the rank when it first came out and have had it since, it doesn't go away like intended. The lack of effort put into the server is not only killing the community but also the player base as a whole. I don’t understand why mineplex does not like to reinvest into its server but instead milk it dry for money until it’s fully dead. We’ve been promised new devs for nearly 2 years, but haven’t seen one. Talks of a few updates happened over the summer, but with summer being over, we did not see a single update. The only thing we have received was a small map update of maps ported directly to java. The server sucks, there is no sugarcoating it. The owners are not involved at all and have completely abandoned the server. They suck. I hope we can see mineplex bedrock bounce back, but it is just so far behind. The only dev does nothing, he disappeared for a while but I guess he came back. We got 2x XP for labor day weekend, that's all. No new updates, no new maps. A lot of the community is level 100. The server just sucks bruh, hate saying this as a long-time player of the server but it's true. This post will probably be taken down. Just got warned in the MPD for saying the server sucks but I hate to see it like this. I hate having to clown on mineplex but I mean there is nothing positive to say. I wonder if we will even get the seasonal events this year, and if we do will they even be updated or just a copy and paste?

The poll is essentially asking if:
    A: You think the server will just sit there and rot until it dies (yes)
    or
    B: Will Mineplex try to bounce back with major updates and new devs (no)

Personally, I don't see any major change happening, and if there is any I think it will be too late.

Posted Sep 6, 2022
    FoxGal, Ian923, LostShrimp13 and 10 others like this.
  2. 100% right, and I also agree, I cannot see any major change happening to the server, because the owners just simply don't care. They let the server become what it is today and they've done nothing to help or prevent it, not even once, so the server is inevitably doomed and is already essentially being left to rot and die. Sad ending for the bedrock server honestly, so much wasted potential, and people are too blind to see it.

Posted Sep 7, 2022
  3. it fr is sad, I cant play more then 10 min without getting bored and wanted to quit.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 14, 2022
    TheRealSans and Widestsinger like this.
  4. Eh, I’m different on the other hand. I enjoy playing with friends, parkour in housing and driving cheaters crazy. Overall ya I would like to see change in the bedrock server, but I think the concept of the games are good. Don’t think I wouldn't like new maps, I would; but I don’t think any big changes need to be made (other than gameplay fixes). It all boils down to, mineplex is built on simplicity; that's why people like, it or dislike it. I personally prefer simplicity over complication, I also believe that the majority of bedrock players do as well.

Posted Sep 15, 2022
  5. this is sad :(

Posted Sep 15, 2022

6. And….

Posted Sep 17, 2022
  7. You only think mineplex will be good again cuz you think you can buy it. Listen man gl buying mineplex but I don’t think you gonna be able to talk to the owners anyway

Posted Sep 17, 2022
  8. The owners and devs waved the white flag long ago. They're just letting the remains crumble now.

Posted Sep 17, 2022
  9. I have some hope toki and sturtt and I think another admin logged on recently

Posted Sep 17, 2022
  10. Probably to survey the carnage.

Posted Sep 17, 2022
    Ian923 likes this.
  11. Lmaoooo Fr fr

Posted Sep 17, 2022
    BlazeFire likes this.
  12. Mineplex was never built on simplicity. That is just the result of games from 2016-17 never being updated, making them lack content and look "simplistic." Big changes need to be made in order to keep the server alive, the majority of the player base is bored of what the server currently offers due to no updates. If the majority of the bedrock players enjoyed mineplex's "simplistic" nature, then Mineplex would not have lost 10k+ players since 2020. Mineplex is also consistently less played then LifeBoat, not because LifeBoat is good, but because they release a lot of content.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 18, 2022
    Widestsinger and BlazeFire like this.
  13. Personally I don’t think anything will happen soon, but I think eventually there will be someone who cares and has passion and will work hard to make it the good server it was.

Posted Sep 18, 2022
    Widestsinger and dogeygamer23 like this.
  14. Toki and other admins don’t have any developing responsibilities, and they are obviously not owners. They are limited to the team that they run, and other admin related tasks.

As for Strutt and other owners, they have mentioned in the past that they have plans for Mineplex in the future, but it’s been a while since this was said, so take it with a grain of salt.

Hopefully, with the infrastructure update on Java cutting the server maintenance costs down by a huge margin, they could consider to hire another front end dev for bedrock.

Posted Sep 19, 2022
    Widestsinger and LostShrimp13 like this.
  15. Completely agree, with the release of the beta coming soon, I’m hopeful for what comes next!

Posted Sep 19, 2022
    TheBlueComet and Widestsinger like this.
  16. TheMisterEpic actually made a really good video covering all of this recently. It's really enlightening. I can't link it here I don't think, but go ahead and look it up.

Posted Sep 19, 2022
    Widestsinger and dogeygamer23 like this.
  17. I loved playing on the bedrock server back then, its such a shame how the server has fallen.

Posted Sep 22, 2022
    Widestsinger likes this.
  18. The server is definitely declining, especially with less updates. The fact we only have one bedrock dev won’t help (supposedly more devs will come? I would wait and see if it actually happens though). It’s having the same issues java has had however.

Posted Sep 25, 2022
    Widestsinger likes this.
  19. Another piece of recycled content just got put on the server...

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 27, 2022
    Mothy likes this.
  20. They think this trash game can revive it. Not one bit. We waited 14 MONTHS for a recycled game with no improvements from when it initially released, this server is a joke. Less than 1000 players on the bedrock server too as of rn. I think I'm being generous in saying the server won't make it past 2023 at this point

Posted Sep 28, 2022
    Diestraction likes this.