• 1130 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3709 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

The theme about EU and US.

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Redcy, Nov 19, 2019.

Tags:
  1. We know that Mineplex cant afford 2 different servers. The EU's are getting a huge disadvantage and I have a feeling that there are more EU's than US people. But there should be a solution like setting the server to a location so the EU's and US people have a decent ping. I really hate playing with 120 ping instead of 20. Another solution should be doing a poll on the server, if EU should come back or US should stay. More and more EU's are leaving because of the disadvantage.

Posted Nov 19, 2019
    Abood likes this.
  2. Getting the one and only server to be in a location which is slightly more beneficial to the EUs such as Nuuk, Greenland, being a halfway point for example, would be a fair option to create if it was as simple as clicking on a place and it connecting like using VPNs.

Posted Nov 19, 2019
    Abood and Redcy like this.
  3. --- Post updated ---

Posted Nov 19, 2019
  4. That's irrelevant, what's most important is that it's a good halfway point which benefits both parties almost equally.

Posted Nov 19, 2019
  5. It was already stated numerous times by the LT+ that EU servers won't be coming back for various reasons which I won't go into detail, but I can assure you it's not because Mineplex can't afford more than one server running up at once. I'm also sure the server network location won't be changing. It's called US for a reason and moving the server to a different Non-US location is just simply impossible for Mineplex right now. I'm an EU player myself and I know how it feels having to play with 200+ ping but it's still possible. While it has its negatives, there are a lot of positives of having one server, such as games filling up faster and the reduced development time required for integrating new features.

Simply put, EU servers won't be coming back as it's permanent change with no plans of changing it back.

Posted Nov 19, 2019
  6. Feel free to write posts on my threats (Newts and Favorite cartoons from childhood) if you will feel tired of discussing important stuff.

Posted Nov 19, 2019
  7. You can view the EU announcement here which should address your concerns regarding why the EU server was removed and the fact that there are no plans anytime soon for it to return. It's interesting for me to input my opinion on its removal, I use to play on the EU server over the summer when I am in Kuwait and then I played on the US server when I returned to the United States for school. I will be returning to Kuwait next year permanently which means I will be faced with the issue of lag, however I am actually for the removal of the EU server due to the reasons given in the thread that I linked and because overall it takes a while to get into a game on the EU server as there are not many people on consistently and it was a struggle. This past summer I played on the US server as I was forced to due to the games not filling up on the EU server, as a result, I ended up finding a way for me to get better ping which is to simply utilize an external software. If you do a little bit of research and stuff, you'll know what I am talking about. Although realistically, my ping can never get below 100, using an external software takes my ping from 200-300 down to 120-170 which I'm honestly grateful for and I just have to get used to it. It's interesting to see how I'll fully integrate into it once I return to Kuwait and how my game style will change as it can sometimes change your whole outlook on pvp and whatnot.

Nonetheless, I do see where you are coming from in terms of making the servers located in the middle such as in Greenland as stated above. In a perfect world, I would have no issues with this and I'd totally agree with you. Unfortunately, as @Klobby stated it is not possible, they did say "right now" but in reality, it's not possible for the foreseeable future. You can't deploy servers anywhere you want in the world, there has to be a company co-locating or hosting it for you or you can purchase a datacenter which is unrealistic but it has to be an actually viable location where there's no constant weather disruptions or the fact that it's even habitable with a stable government. It's currently not possible to host servers in Greenland or anywhere in the middle to make an impact on lag for players on the other side of the world, but who knows, the future might change that!

Posted Nov 19, 2019
    Klobby likes this.

8. I can see where you are coming from with this, but it's easier said than done. You're saying that Mineplex should set their location of the server to a place where everyone has a decent ping which is almost impossible. I believe that the current location of the server is okay, because everyone has an okay ping. Yes, we EU players have 100+ping, but it's playable.

The other solution you suggested would not work at all. We can't just ban a specific timezone from playing on the server. Our ping isn't that bad, and this would not work nor be necessary.

Overall, I don't think that the difference is that big. I can feel the difference, but as I've said earlier, it's playable. I understand how you feel, but it's not really anything we can do about it at the moment.

Posted Nov 20, 2019