• 2450 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5029 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

The Ultimate Mineplex Acronyms & Abbreviations Guide

Discussion in 'Mineplex Guides' started by Goudge ✦, Nov 16, 2019.

1. [​IMG]

This guide is made and maintained by @Goudge ✦, and serves as a reference list for all Mineplex-related acronyms and abbreviations.
    If you feel that there is any significant missing information, feel free to contact him!

[​IMG]

MP – Mineplex
    BR – Bedrock
    MPS – Mineplex Player Server
    MCS – Mineplex Community Server
    MES – Mineplex Event Server

[​IMG]

A51 – Area 51 Raid
    AI – Alien Invasion
    BB – Bacon Brawl
    BH – Block Hunt
    BL – Bomb Lobbers
    BLD – Master Builders
    BR – The Bridges
    CA – Castle Assault
    CC – Christmas Chaos
    CS – Castle Siege
    CTF – Champions CTF (Capture the Flag)
    CW – Cake Wars
    DE – Dragon Escape
    DMT – Draw My Thing
    DOM – Champions Dominate
    DR – Dragons
    DT – Death Tag
    EVO – Evolution
    GLD – Gladiators
    HH – Halloween Havoc
    HOG - Heroes of Gwen
    MB – Micro Battle
    MCL – Mineplex Competitive League
    MILK – Milk the Cow
    MIN – Mixed Arcade
    MM – Monster Maze
    MS – Mine-Strike
    NANO – Nano Games
    OITQ – One in the Quiver
    PB – Super Paintball
    PR – Pumpkin's Revenge
    RUN – Runner
    RR – Rose Rush
    SA – Sneaky Assassins
    SB – Speed Builders
    SF – Skyfall
    SG – Survival Games
    SN – Snake
    SQ – Sheep Quest
    SS – Super Spleef
    SSM – Super Smash Mobs
    SKY – Skywars
    SNF – Snow Fight
    TDM - Champions Team Deathmatch
    TF – Turf Wars
    TUG – Tug of Wool
    UHC – Ultra Hardcore
    WA – Wither Assault
    WIZ – Wizards

[​IMG]

Staff Subteams
    CCC – Content Creator Council
    CMA – Clans Management Assistance
    FM – Forum Moderator
    MA – Mentoring Assistance
    MT – Media Team
    RA – Recruitment Assistance
    RC – Rules Committee
    RP – Reports Patrol
    RPA – Reports Patrol Assistance
    RPC – Reports Patrol Clans

Builder Subteams
    BLD – Builder Apps Team
    MAP – Map Submissions Team
    MI – Map Issues Team

Community+ Subteams
    EA – Event Assistance
    GI – Game Insights
    IT – Ideas Team
    MTT – Map Testing Team
    NL – Newsletter Program
    QAT – Quality Assurance Testing
    TT – Translations Team

Miscellaneous Subteams
    MMT – Mineplex Marketplace Team

[​IMG]

CM – Clans Management
    CoM – Community Management
    ES – Event Squad
    FN – Forum Ninja
    QA – Quality Assurance
    SM – Social Media
    StM – Staff Management

*Recruitment does not have an acronym

[​IMG]

SOTM – Staff Of The Month
    MOTM – Mod Of The Month

[​IMG]

PPC – Power Play Club
    LT – Leadership Team
    FR – Forum Report
    SR – Staff Report
    NWB – Network Ban
    PH – Punishment History
    MPD – Mineplex Discord
    MoT – Middle of Trial Test
    EoT – End of Trial Test
    MCPL – Mineplex Competitive League
    BCL – Bridges Competitive League
    CCL – Champions Competitive League
    CWCL – Cake Wars Competitive League
    SWCL – Skywars Competitive League
    MSCL - Mine-Strike Competitive League

Posted Nov 16, 2019,
    Last edited Nov 28, 2019
    Marzie, fredericksburg, JYTG and 31 others like this.
  2. Posted Nov 16, 2019
    Goudge ✦ likes this.
  3. Yo!
    Honestly, love everything about this thread. Thank you for putting the time and effort into creating this as-well as making it look nice with the keyart and the organization of it. I hope this guide is useful for players around the server who don't fully understand all acronyms that are related to Mineplex.

Posted Nov 16, 2019
    Goudge ✦ likes this.
  4. Amazing guide. I'm sure this will be helpful to so many people! One thing I could think of that you have forgotten to add though are acronyms for builder subteams (MAP/BLD/MI). Other than that I'm happy with everything else in this wonderful guide!

I hope to see something similar to this from you in the future again!

Posted Nov 17, 2019
    Goudge ✦ and joshuart like this.
  5. Absolutely amazing guide Goudge! I never even thought we would need something like this until you actually made it, and I've got to say my favourite part is how you decorated it to look so nice! I can see this guide being very handy for players to refer to when they are unsure of the acronyms that Mineplex uses. It's nice you've not only included things such as in-game acronyms, but server wide ones too, and ones relating to teams! Great work mate.

Posted Nov 17, 2019
    ILIKECAKEMAN and Goudge ✦ like this.
  6. Very nice guide Goudge. I admire the hard work you put into this. It looks really clean and compact. It's organized and the colors are in coherence to the server's colors. This guide can be very useful to players not aware of what the abbreviations stand for when they are used. Thank you for putting time into this. It helps out a ton.

Have a fantastic rest of your day Goudge.

-JYTG

Posted Nov 17, 2019
    Goudge ✦ likes this.
  7. Hello!

This thread is quite helpful for people who don't know all the acronyms which Mineplex uses. You spent a while to create this and your work is appreciated. I hope it will help someone and this is a great addition to guides forums section.

Like Klobby mentioned, you missed Builders subteams (BLD, MAP, MI) and I noticed that acronyms for Marketplace team (MMT), QA Manager (QAM), Power Play Club (PPC), some games (Skyfall - SF, Wizards - WIZ, Tug Or Wool - TUG, Snow Fight - SNF, Alien Invasion - AI, Rose Rush - RR, Area 51 Raid - A51, Pumpkin's Revenge - PR) were missed. Also, it can be cool to add acronyms for rules like FB and AB and others which have it. If you will add that, it would be great.

Posted Nov 17, 2019
    Goudge ✦ and Klobby like this.
  8. Adding up with what Evgen stated, you also missed Map Master (MM). Though currently no one has that award it still does have official acronym so it might be good idea to add it to this guide as well.

Posted Nov 17, 2019
  9. I'm thrilled to see the positive response to this guide! Thank you all for the kind feedback.

Thank you for bring these all to my attention! I've gone ahead and updated the thread, adding quite a few of these. I think I'll hold off adding punishment/rule acronyms for now, as I don't feel like they're quite as useful or relevant for community members to know. Thanks again!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 17, 2019
    joshuart, Klobby and Evgeen like this.
  10. Just one note, MMT (Mineplex marketplace team) isn't staff only as anyone can join it. Possibly move it to the community+ category?

Posted Nov 17, 2019
    Im_Ken likes this.
  11. Great guide! Tiny thing - GI is now CI (Community Insights). I think people still pretty much call it GI but even still!

Edit: Nvm I'm dumb. There's kinda both I guess but GI is still GI, CI is an additional thing? Idk it's confusing and weird.

Posted Nov 17, 2019,
    Last edited Nov 17, 2019
  12. Yeah literally no one refers to it at CI lol. Definitely still referred to as the GI Discord by the large majority of us inside of it.
    Besides, the GI Team is still GI. It's just the discord they rebranded.

I really enjoy the list of acronyms. Thanks for making it!

Posted Nov 17, 2019
    Goudge ✦ likes this.
  13. Hello!

I love this thread, and although I already know a large majority of these acronyms I’m sure they’re going to be quite helpful for others who may not. It looks like a lot of effort went into this thread and I appreciate that from you. Good job, and keep up the great work!

Posted Nov 17, 2019
    Goudge ✦ likes this.
  14. Hi!

This guide will undoubtedly be very helpful to community members who don't know it all. It was weird reading through the game acronyms because I hadn't even thought of some of them in years because they were removed a long, long time ago. It's also set out really nicely? I wasn't expecting all the fancy graphics you got going on there.

Great idea Goudge (:

Posted Nov 17, 2019
    Im_Ken and Goudge ✦ like this.
  15. Thank you for doing this! I know I was super confused when I saw these and it will definitely help.
    I also love the font

Posted Nov 17, 2019
    Goudge ✦ likes this.
  16. Heya! c;

A really wonderful and helpful guide for players that get confused with these acronyms, especially when it comes to the acronyms of Games where games like BLD (Speed Builders) can be confusing to some players, especially ones that are new to the server. Knowing these acronyms by heart or being familiar with them can be helpful especially when it comes to having conversations in the lobby and generally anywhere on Mineplex including the MPD (Mineplex Discord ;p). Using acronyms can be really helpful when it comes to chatting in the game's chat as there is a limit to the words you can write in a single message, by using acronyms you save space which can help you get your message across without having it typed into two separate messages. Thank you for doing this as I see more players would use these acronyms from now on! :D

Posted Nov 17, 2019
  17. Hey!
    This is awesome @Goudge ✦ ! I have definitely used DE and SKY before, I will make sure to use some others if I can!! Thank you for making such a HuGe list, I’m sure it took aaaggggeeessss!

Posted Nov 17, 2019
    Goudge ✦ likes this.
  18. Thank you for noticing my fancy fonts! I've been looking for an opportunity to use them, and they fit well with this guide thankfully.

And again, thank you all for the all the incredible feedback and suggestions. I've added quite a few new acronyms to the list from suggestions I've received. Keep them coming!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 18, 2019

19. Amazing, simple guide, thank you!
    Love the art too!

My only suggestion is to put them into spoilers :-)​

Posted Nov 22, 2019
    Im_Ken and Goudge ✦ like this.
  20. This is super helpful. Now I’ll reference this whenever I need to know an acronym. I remember I though FR (forum report) meant “for real” lmao

Posted Nov 22, 2019
    Thenorn and Goudge ✦ like this.