• 574 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9012 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned The /youtube command should not apply to achievement kits

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by CoolCreeperMC, Sep 20, 2019.

?

What is your opinion on the /youtube command?

1. Fine how it is

14 vote(s)
    70.0%
  2. Should not apply to achievement kits

5 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Should be removed entirely

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. On Mineplex, people with the YT rank can use /youtube, which allows them to unlock all kits for a game, including achievement kits. In my opinion, this is unfair and overpowered, since some kits can take weeks of playing a game to unlock them, and the concept of being able to have them with just the click of a button is in my opinion ridiculous. I understand that Youtubers should be able to showcase kits without spending gems, but they should still have to earn the achievements in order to unlock them.

Posted Sep 20, 2019
    AndrewRG10 likes this.
  2. I really don't see this as an issue considering there are only a handful of people with the YT rank. I think it is in the best interest of the server for you-tubers to have access to all kits (especially achievement ones) to encourage more players to join the server and try to get them. People with the YT rank are different from the regular player base, they essentially have a job as influencers to bring people in and consequently have special privileges.

Posted Sep 20, 2019
    Xukuri and Segwat like this.
  3. @Parrotlet has essentially summed up everything I was going to say. Being a YouTuber gives you special privileges, such as having all kits, including achievement kits. I can understand why you would be frustrated about people having access to all kits, even if they haven't worked hard to earn them. However, being a content creator distinguishes you from the rest of the player base, and having access to all kits would make content creating much easier. For example, if a YouTuber wanted to do a kit showcase on a game, and intended to show the achievement kit as well, your idea, of preventing the access of achievement kits through the use of /youtube, would prevent them from effectively doing so.

Posted Sep 20, 2019
    Xukuri likes this.
  4. Hi there!

Although it may seem a little unfair at first, the content creators on Mineplex help attract new players. Seeing that they have every kit in the game, they are able to test and maybe challenge themselves with different kits, which could appeal to new people. If the viewers see this as something worth playing for, they'll put the time in which is ultimately better for Mineplex. Also, there are only a couple handful of content creators, so you shouldn't run into them that often. I see where you are coming from, but unfortunately, I don't see any problem with this.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
    Supreme :D

Posted Sep 20, 2019
    Segwat likes this.
  5. I'd believe the content creators have the privilege of accessing to all kits in-game. The purpose why they unlocked all kits because they're Youtubers who do the Mineplex content videos. I can see what you're talking about, and I understand that it can be a little unfair. This may challenge some players who're willing to buy their kit through gems. As a Stream team, I think Youtubers/Streamers/YTs known as the VIP on Mineplex because they have more access to perks than normal players.

Posted Sep 21, 2019
    Segwat likes this.
  6. As @Phamtastic has previously mentioned above I do feel like it would be great if the Youtubers were to have access to all of the kits for each and every game mode and special event on Mineplex. First of all players with YouTube rank on Mineplex are there so that they can make videos on Mineplex for players to watch and persuade them to join the server themselves. I'm assuming that Mineplex gives YouTube rank the permission for all kits because they want the YouTubers to show the audience all of the kits and their amazing abilities, this would make the server much more appealing and make more players want to check it out for themselves. That's the only thing that I can really come up with at the moment, hopefully, I've answered your concern. :)

Posted Sep 21, 2019
  7. Honestly, if this stays the same, a youtuber can just do /youtube and get every single achievement kit for that game, and it's not single use...

Posted Sep 21, 2019
    CoolCreeperMC likes this.
  8. Hey There!

Yes, that is the point of having the command, to allow our content creators easy access for providing footage of any achievement kit or new kit that is released.

It should really have no effect on the players, as any kit can win a game. Any one person can unlock kits, including the achievement kits. Everyone knows that achievement kits don't automatically equal wins. Some users might be curious as to what it's like to use an achievement kit that they are not able to unlock for whatever reason, and wish to view their favorite youtuber using it. Most youtubers don't have time to grind these games, and we wish to have the content without hassle. I believe nothing should be changed with the command and how it is used currently, and there is no issue with it at the moment.

Thanks

Posted Sep 21, 2019
  9. Hello,

We will not be putting this into place. The purpose of /youtube and the YT, Youtube, and Stream rank is to allow them to produce the best quality possible for Mineplex. We want them to have all options when producing content, and giving them all of the kits is a part of that, which can allow them to produce the highest quality content that they can. You mentioned that it can take weeks for players to work up to getting an achievement kit; however, it also can take months, even years, to work up to a Youtube/Stream channel that carries with it a large following, earning themself the kits, which is arguably more work than just getting the achievements. Thanks for the suggestion though! Send me a PM with any further questions.

Thread Locked - Idea Denied

Posted Sep 21, 2019
    PieOrPi likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.