• 642 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9080 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

This idea might be good...

Discussion in 'MCO/Bedrock Games' started by SunnyGamerWolf, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Everyone has been in this situation, You kill someone super stacked and you try to collect the items, but you grab every item that you don't want and have to sort through for 30 seconds and even worse while sorting you get hit from behind and hit off the edge and lose. This is super annoying especially in skywars and survival games. But there is an easy fix, when someone dies they don't drop items, but a chest that contains those items and once you have everything you can destroy it or there be a time limit. And even better, you can decorate those chests with cosmetics making it cool as well. Another server uses this concept and makes sorting through someones items easily, I hope this idea gets implemented since item sorting is very annoying right now without something like this. BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe

Posted Sep 10, 2019
  2. Hey!

I LOVE this idea! As a player it is super annoying and this sounds like the perfect solution! +1

Best Regards,
    TheMooseBean

Posted Sep 10, 2019
  3. nice and great idea!

Posted Sep 10, 2019
    SunnyGamerWolf likes this.
  4. Heyo!

I personally don't see an issue with this, and feel that it doesn't need to be or should be added - let me explain why. For starters, games that allow building wouldn't need this feature. If you're playing a game of skywars, you always have blocks at your disposal, so getting hit from behind wouldn't really be an issue. There already is tons of chests throughout the map, so it could get really confusing. Not to mention that if players die by the void, their chest would be inconvenient to get to. A game that doesn't have a void such as Survival Games may have a more meaningful use, but what's the point of having a chest if it's still going to create the same issue you're running into? If you're inside of a chest, it is worse than just standing out in the open trying to pick through a players loot. I understand that some games don't have building in them, but there are also solutions to this. A way to avoid this is by making sure you clear out your inventory at all times. This way, you will usually have enough room for a players loot. Another way you could avoid being sneaked up on is just by checking around you to see if there are any players nearby. If there are, try to heal up and then fight them instead of going for the loot.

Overall, I don't really see a point in this being added as it doesn't really resolve the issue, nor help it in anyway. For now, I'm leaving this idea at a -1 from me, but with a few changes, I could see this idea being more useful. Hopefully this helped!

Posted Sep 10, 2019
  5. Like I said It wouldn't have to be a chest, it could be something decorative that would hold items like a chest but wouldn't look like one, and in skywars If someone you kill has tons of armor you need and need it quickly then this is the greatest solution, sort through and switch out/ clear inventory of rubbish, It resolves an issue I and many have faced so saying it doesn't resolve or help the issue is kinda stupid for you to say. And maybe It wasn't clear it wouldn't be in games that don't have item drops but in the ones that do it would fix this very well. Forgot to add: If the player falls in the void you don't get the items, it seems self evident but there you go. Peace out Girl Scout!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 10, 2019
    TooMuchXMas4You likes this.
  6. I understand where you are coming from with this idea, but I kind of feel that there is a risk that comes with trying to loot items when you've killed a player that would be lost if this were implemented. The longer you take to loot items, the more likely you are to be attacked by another player. You can get distracted with looting for better items, but ultimately, it could be a bad decision. There's that risk that for better gear, you aren't paying attention to other players around you. Personally, I like that aspect of the game and it gives players with lesser gear to gain an advantage to more stacked players, whether that's attacking them or swiping the items. I wouldn't necessarily disagree with this idea, but I also like what item drops bring to the game. I've never had an issue with the items just being dropped on the ground either. It's an interesting idea, but I'm just not sure it's all that necessary.

Posted Sep 14, 2019
    ForevrrFury and SunnyGamerWolf like this.
  7. Eh, I can agree with this in a sense, but I play on both the other servers about the same as mineplex at the time and I can say I've been attacked way more times while looting from drops then the body (Chest) that I was looting. Yeah I understand there is the risk that being attacked will happen, but that's not as big of issue since my suggestion allows you to sort through at the remains quickly and sorting through the drops not only takes a long time but is annoying as well. I think I have a good point and have had good points and it seems silly not to implement this. Well anyways have a good day... Cheers.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 15, 2019
    SpookVegetables likes this.
  8. I think this is actually quite a good idea, except for one thing, the chests. Maybe you know when you kill somebody in Survival Games and their body is on the floor? Implement that into the games and then when you right-click the player's body, a chest UI with all the stuff they had on them is in it. Of course, a message when someone is killed would need to be sent to the player and maybe an option to turn that tip-off, which there already is in the preferences UI, it can just be linked.

But that's just my opinion. Attaching a UI to the dead bodies would give the bodies purpose, as currently they just lie on the floor not doing much, and only a select few games have them where it would be great for them to be.

I like this idea! +1

Posted Sep 15, 2019
  9. This would be a nice feature. Since on mobile and iPad you have to sit and hold down that items for about 3 seconds per item you want to drop it takes a long time for multiple items. A chest would be a lot faster as you just tap the item then the tap the hotbar.

Posted Sep 15, 2019
  10. Hey!​

I agree with _H20. If this were to be implemented, the whole risk factor would be taken away. I do understand what you mean though and why you suggested it. While when you are looting, normally, I can clear my inventory out fairly quickly by going over everything I didn't need via pressing the q key and shift q for stacked items. Like said above, you can easily just check for players around you to make sure you are safe or not. If this were to be implemented I feel it'd do more harm than good as others may not like it cause of it being confusing if it were a chest containing the items. Personally, though, I like the idea, just not the fact that it would take away aspects of some games like Skywars or Survival Games that make it fun in the regard of the risk you have to take.

Posted Sep 15, 2019
  11. There is an unfair advantage with win 10 players over mobile because they can dump items quickly and easy, I believe it’s the same for Xbox. So giving mobile/ iPad/android a fair shot, which those are probably the largest amount of players between them all would be good

Posted Sep 16, 2019
  12. Aw, that's a good point.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 16, 2019