• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8546 Players Online
  • 5656 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

This is our last hope....

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Pikachu, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Hello, I know I haven't play mineplex in recent years, honestly I don't think its fun anymore but that's why I am here to try and give you guys an idea. Before cake wars came back wayyy back in 2017 or 2018, I remember making a rant about how we need to copy other servers best game modes, as I said, I said that hypixel copied cube craft by getting eggwars, I remember saying that we should get a game called cakewars! when we did, we got a huge boost in the player counts for almost a year or so and it was one of the most popular games out there.[​IMG]

What I think, is that mineplex should create a new game, not a mini-game, but something like skyblock. Over the recent years skyblock is one of the most popular games out there! just look at cosmicpvp skyblock server, they got almost 5k just by doing skyblock! or hypixel, they were getting 40k when it first released, honestly I think mineplex should do something with skyblock and make it 1 hundred percent better!

2nd WE NEED POPULAR YOUTUBERS!!! I can't stress it enough, mineplex grew because of the youtubers! I am talking about ssundee, preston, woofless etc.. we need guys that get views and show interest in mineplex. When I first got to know what mineplex is, it was because of ssundee, or captain sparklez (I forgot). It was in 2013 and honestly it was one of the funnest servers I have ever played. If we get more youtubers we can get more players!!

I hope this will help mineplex become a great server!! Also message me if you want me to go further into details on what to do and stuff!

-Pikqchu

Posted Feb 16, 2020
  2. There are like a dozen threads just like this that encourage Mineplex to go the positive route, but they don't do that because they refuse to accept what we all want. They are focused more on just keeping this server alive. These claims are based on most of the communities thoughts and my own as well. One thing Mineplex could do is focus on bringing new management members who might try to pay more attention to the players' needs. This isn't to undermine current management, but based on what others and myself think, there could be some changes around those areas. There has been a lot of stuff that we simply don't know about, which is why there are so many people complaining about miscommunication. Immortal rank has gotten an extreme amount of backlash; I would hope that these funds go directly to benefiting the server, like the anti-cheat or promotions like you stated. If they don't, it is just another instance of MP deciding to put itself in an even worse position.

Posted Feb 16, 2020,
    Last edited Feb 17, 2020
  3. I would have to ask: What would happen after people lose interest in skyblock? Copying other servers just makes the server feel unoriginal and repetitive, I think that if Mineplex goes down the path of creating new and original games that the server would be just fine. Also they would most likely get a lot of unes As for the YouTubers, I do somewhat agree with this, but the current YT ranks that are on the server do have a decent following and view count, but need to be more active in their uploads for Mineplex related content.

Posted Feb 16, 2020
    xRetnuh and Dan1el like this.
  4. Mineplex doesn't need skyblock, Mineplex needs new games but they need games that are possible to develop and update in the Development team's current structure.

Posted Feb 16, 2020
    Im_Ken, xRetnuh, Xukuwu and 2 others like this.
  5. Hey!

I agree with the responses above. Mineplex does not need to make a game that you can find on countless Minecraft Networks. Mineplex is known for having games that you cannot find that easily, even though we have some games that are popular on other servers as well, Mineplex itself has always been focused on original and unique games. I can agree that a new game would get more players back to Mineplex, but that's easier said than done. As joshbet9 said, Mineplex needs games that are possible and doable to develop in the Development team's current state.

However, I agree that Mineplex should focus on more YouTubers. It would definitely make a difference in the player count. The question is: Does Mineplex have enough money to actually pay YouTubers? I mean, if money was not a problem for Mineplex, I think that they would pay many YouTubers already, but the fact that they have not maybe because of the reason that they can't afford it at the moment. It's only a "maybe", I don't really know if they really can't afford it, but it is something that I've been thinking of.

I like that you took your time to post this thread about what we can do to improve Mineplex, but there are a ton of threads already and this has been discussed for a long time. Implementing SkyBlock would maybe get some new players, but it's something that you can find on many other servers, and it doesn't give people a reason to play on Mineplex if they're only here for the Skyblock. A new game and more YouTubers would definitely help Mineplex, but it's easier said than done.

Posted Feb 17, 2020
    SpitefulNick and WowCaleb like this.
  6. I would say that the staff members are doing a good job. If someone does something wrong, it doesn't mean that they're "not doing their job" or "The staff team is bad", it means that they're simply humans. We have to see what they do that is positive, not only the negative.

Posted Feb 17, 2020
    Posted Feb 17, 2020
  8. Oh, there we go! A youtuber, awesome. Congrats!

Posted Feb 17, 2020
  9. (This post was hidden, but...) What evidence or examples do you have that would represent a staff member not doing their job properly? You're coming onto the forums making an anecdotal argument by saying that there are staff members going around not doing their job properly, with no evidence to back that up; there needs to be evidence for an accusation, so others have something to work with. Are they ignoring hackers/other rule-breakers, not answering questions from players while having an ongoing conversation, behaving unprofessionally/immaturely, constantly issuing false punishments/abusing their power? These are examples of poor staff behavior, and you haven't provided any background of that. If you have examples of poor staff behavior, you may report staff members by creating a support ticket, as this is the general location to report any staff member. If who you're talking about is a moderation staff member (trainee or mod), you could also message me, or any other Staff Management member.

You're also making such a bold statement by saying that there "needs to be staff members who actually know what they're doing/do their job the right way." There are (and have been) players who get argumentative enough to demand staff to do their job properly for their criticism, rather than educating what they think should've been done instead - what you're doing is not the proper form of action to get something done. If you think staff members are not doing their job, perhaps include ways for them to handle situations as a staff member better, as well as (once again) reporting the staff member by creating a ticket, so that way you're helping us to help you. As straight-up as I may sound, you're also more than welcome to apply for staff (Java | Bedrock) if you think you're able to do better than what you experienced.

I should make clear that I'm not saying that there is no poor staff behavior at all - there most certainly has been examples of that. The fault in your argument is that you're not providing any specifics of what poor staff behavior is, or even any examples of what you experienced. Again, you may report staff members by submitting a support ticket with evidence, so the supervisor(s) of that staff member can get something done if your claim is sufficient.

Posted Feb 17, 2020,
    Last edited Feb 17, 2020
    Creadword, Tilgorn, xEspe0n and 2 others like this.
  10. lol

Posted Feb 17, 2020
  11. As I said before, hypixel copy’s other games and implants it into there server, tell me on game that hypixle hasn’t copied yet? Sky block is sky rocketing and mineplex needs new games, when cakewars came it the server count went 4K more in 2017 when it first came out and it was very popular, when mineplex makes a new game they need you tubers to instantly do a video on it, those low level YT ranks isn’t gonna get mineplex player count back up. The reason why we need to copy skyblock is because how good skyblock has done for other servers, all the servers that have a good skyblock game get a ton of players playing on it. You can’t say mineplex needs original games, because they did that and now look where there at. As I said when a game comes out we need YouTubers with over 1 mil to come and play it and have fun on it, I promise you, this will boost the players on mineplex, OR, mineplex needs a new server :/

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 17, 2020
  12. What would happen after they lose interest is we make a new game! you stated that copying other servers makes the server reptitive and unoriginal, but all the servers that are copying are getting over 20k players at least! the YT rank players don't get a lot of players, if they get someone like ssundee having fun, or having a series on here, I would guarantee the player boost count would go up.

OP OP
  13. What I'm saying is that yes it may boost the player count for a while, but with everything, people get burnt out on things eventually . It happens with anything that is new, it will see a huge boost in players for a limited amount of time then slowly start to decrease due to lack of interest. As for the servers copying eachother, maybe the community wanted something like Skyblock implemented, and that's why it received a lot of popular feedback. But personally I don't see anyone saying that Mineplex needs to copy other servers by adding this, it may ruin the creativity of the games after a while. It'll feel stale when you join either Mineplex or other servers because they have the same exact games, there would be no originality. As for the YouTubers, I do agree that if Mineplex had a YouTuber with a huge following it would boost the player count, but that is something that the higher ups decide to do for the future of YT ranks.

Posted Feb 17, 2020
  14. Hi!

Currently, I don’t think we need Skyblock. People would yell at Mineplex for copying other servers, like people are doing with Cake Wars. We can’t just copy other servers out there. Instead, we need original games that no one or not many servers thought of before. That would probably get players, as it is not a game that is very similar to other servers that they can play on and already have played on for a long time and don’t want to restart their progress on another server. So pretty much we don’t need Skyblock.
    For YouTubers, yes I do agree we need some YouTubers to play on our server. This would help boost the player base, but there is just one problem. Would people play on the server because a YouTuber is, when they already quit Mineplex? We would need a YouTuber that has a lot of subscribers to actively play on Mineplex, while they also play on other things but play on Mineplex a ton. For example, a YouTuber with 1,000,000+ subscribers could play on the server for 2-3 times a week, for example, 6 months, and show their subscribers that Mineplex truly is fun. That would get Mineplex to become popular again.

Overall, I agree with the YouTuber part, but not the Skyblock part.
    Have a good day/night!

Posted Feb 17, 2020
    Jordaaann/unforgetful likes this.
  15. You make fair points about this as YouTubers add publicity to the server, advertising it more and new games attract foreign player bases. PewDiePie actually logged onto Mineplex once and the player count doubled from its typical quantity at the time of the week. For popular games like Skyblock, Skywars, and Survival Games, there is no true owner so your specific example is fine. However, I am leaning more towards creating new unique games and introducing them to the Minecraft community. What can people play on Mineplex that they cannot on other servers? I think this is the best route to take in terms of games.

Report a User | Report a Bug | Rules | My Profile | Applications

Posted Feb 17, 2020
    Jordaaann/unforgetful likes this.
  16. Mineplex doesn't want to get players because they have something that a bunch of Minecraft Servers already have, but to get players that enjoy what Mineplex is offering.

Posted Feb 17, 2020
  17. mineplex doesnt have devs so they cant really do anything that u want sorry man

Posted Feb 17, 2020
    PhoenixSky and mab8400 like this.
  18. Idk mineplex really needs to change tho

OP OP
    mab8400 likes this.
  19. I personally think the best way to attract more players is to create a new and innovative game that cannot be found anywhere else. I think Mineplex would get more backlash for trying to rip off a game that is already found elsewhere. For your second point about YouTubers, I do agree and I would love to see the "Mineplex Games" channel make a comeback where a variety of YouTubers put their content on the channel.

Posted Feb 17, 2020
    mab8400 and _Prof_ like this.
  20. Agreeable but if you are talking about black lash no one said anything when hypixel copies cube craft for copying egg wars. So why should we care?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 18, 2020