• 1275 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9713 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Thoughts & Suggestions! (3)

Discussion in 'Build Showcase' started by TeaSpiller, Sep 15, 2018.

?

What should I name this map?

1. Spring Gardens

2. Harvest Season

3. Suggest new name ideas in the comments

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Heyo!
    Dedicated to build another Micro Battles map and was hoping for thoughts/feedback on things that could change before I submit.

Bird's eye view:
    [​IMG]

View from playable area:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    -------
    Screenshots without a texture pack:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Again, any feedback would be wonderful... and if you want to request a certain view etc. just let me know <3
    Cheers!
    :mineplex:

Posted Sep 15, 2018
  2. Hiya,
    Looks pretty good!
    Just one thing, personally I don't really like the colour of the rabbits' clay, as it feels a bit too pinkish coloured.

Posted Sep 15, 2018
  3. Hey!
    Another great map! I like how unique and simple it really is. When I first saw the map I didn't think it looked that spacious but when I actually started looking around, it has more space than I thought. Again, the way you designated the teams by making the flowers the coordinating color looks really nice and pretty natural. A cool little suggestion that I think would look cool is adding vines to the outside wall for easy access to the upper level of the map as this can add a nice little detail and also allow more areas to PvP. Overall, this is a nice little map and I love it!

~Aidan

Posted Sep 15, 2018
    TeaSpiller likes this.
  4. Hey!

This is a greatly designed map, but usually, micro battle maps are opened near the end so enemies could fall off the void. I don't exactly know how this would work with world crumble as it feels it would take longer than a standard map.

Overall, you make such beautiful builds. Keep going!

Posted Sep 15, 2018
  5. Heyo!
    I for sure agree with you that I could use a different color for the rabbits I made a few examples let me know if you like any of them.

Quartz:
    [​IMG]
    Black Clay:
    [​IMG]
    Cyan Clay:
    [​IMG]
    Smooth Sandstone:
    [​IMG]
    (Let me know if you have any suggestions!)

Awh thanks!
    The design on the edges won't effect the game-play since the crumble takes the whole block layer therefor having the hills won't affect game-play.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 15, 2018
  6. I'd have to say changing the color of the bunnies to white looks a lot better and more natural.

Posted Sep 15, 2018
  7. Heyo,
    Thanks for the feedback I don't think I'll be adding vines as of this moment since it could affect gameplay (maybe I'll re-do the map and add them in). Also for the white are you referring to the quartz or the original color I have it at now?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 15, 2018
  8. The quartz, yea.

Posted Sep 15, 2018
    TeaSpiller likes this.
  9. I love this map! It's so unique, and it makes me super jealous since I try to build maps as well! I love the bunnies, they are built very well, and I'm also a big fan of the general landscaping of the map. My only real tip/suggestion would be to add some unique flowers to the top of those hills. They all follow a similar style, go out of your comfort zone, go crazy and make them look amazing!

I also really like the name, Spring Gardens. I also like Pilbridge Meadows, but it may not make much sense.

Posted Sep 16, 2018
  10. Imo the one with black clay looks best. The colours of the quartz and sandstone ones both look as good too but they make those 'grid-lines' that I think could potentially look odd.

Posted Sep 16, 2018
  11. Ahhh another map from you that looks great! I personally love the white color for the bunnies than the original so I'm glad you fixed that. I love the cute flowers on each team but I have a simple suggestion. Maybe you could add some glass panes (possibly green) to some sides of the flowers to make it have a sort of leaf/thorn look to it. That would probably be all but it's not that necessary xD other than that I pretty much like everything else like the bunnies, texture of the ground, flowers, etc. Also I love the name Spring Gardens for this map <3 Have a good day/night!

Posted Sep 16, 2018
    Rylie likes this.
  12. Hey TeaSpiller!

First off, nice map! I really like the theme and think that the bunnies are really cute and unique! Overall, I think that your main structure is fairly solid, with possibly a few implementations from the suggestions above (making the bunnies white, etc.). However, I think that you should really rework the edges of the map. I personally think that the terraforming looks quite sloppy and unnatural (the hill on the circumference doesn't blend in at all, it's just cliff-like). I also think that adding more gradients throughout the map would help, rather than just grass and dirt. Try creating more color and blocks to the overall palette and I feel the map would definitely make it!

Posted Sep 24, 2018
    Vocaloiid likes this.
  13. Hello!

I really like the map! I think the name should have something to do with the rabbits, because they are a key feature in the map.

Have a nice day!

Posted Sep 24, 2018
  14. I agree with geographies on the terraforming of the map, it looks unnatural at some points and doesn't blend in. Other than that an amazing map!

Posted Sep 24, 2018