• 351 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2435 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Thoughts & Suggestions!

Discussion in 'Build Showcase' started by TeaSpiller, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Heyo!
    I recently have gotten into building and dedicated to make a Micro Battles map and I was just hoping for some thoughts about my map before I submit it.

Far away
    [​IMG]
    Close Up
    [​IMG]
    Back side
    [​IMG]

Cheers!

Posted Sep 13, 2018
    BaconAnEggs, Chrris and _White_Fang like this.
  2. I think your build looks really cool, and I'd love to see it added to the micro-battles map list. I love the design with the fish, and the aquatic life it portrays. I hope it gets added :P

Posted Sep 13, 2018
    TeaSpiller likes this.
  3. Hey!

these builds are absolutely stunning and I would love to see them play out as new maps! I think you should definitely submit them! Who knows, maybe we will get to see it one day

Posted Sep 13, 2018
    _White_Fang and TeaSpiller like this.
  4. Wow! Great Map! I really do like it and I see it being a map within the game itself!

Posted Sep 13, 2018
    TeaSpiller and _White_Fang like this.
  5. Honestly, I think that this looks great. I like the structures that look like sandcastles that act as the main buildings per team. Another additional feature that I love are the fish. I think that they truly add an under the sea vibe to the map! Very well done, I can't wait to see more builds from you in the future.

Posted Sep 13, 2018
    Chrris and _White_Fang like this.
  6. Looks great so far, but I can give some criticism.

The ground could definitely use some texturing, looking around the back side it is mostly flat & texturing would definitely improve that. What I suggest is adding little patches of birch wood just to give the ground more detail and interest.

Personally, I don't like the layer of glass. I know it is meant to be the top of the water, making the whole build feeling underwater but it doesn't achieve that for me. You could try making the water look like waves (pretty hard) or add multiple layers to have a nicer effect. Spectators shouldn't be able to see this.

Other than those two little things, I think it looks great! The fish & the structure both look really cool, well done.

Posted Sep 13, 2018
    t3hero, TeaSpiller and Unfavorited like this.
  7. I love this build so much Tea and seeing it in person is all the better! The fish are such a cool little idea to determine the team corners instead of doing like a flag or something. You even went above and beyond to complete the pond by adding water on the top to actually give the effect that you're underwater (also adding the little hook). This map is good all around and I love it so much!

~Aidan :)

Posted Sep 13, 2018
    Unfavorited and TeaSpiller like this.
  8. Heyo!
    Thank you so to everyone who has given feedback!
    Thoughts? @skreb
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (I did try and use wood over the whole floor but it didn't fit in)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 13, 2018
    Unfavorited likes this.
  9. Pretty cool style. Different than most other maps. I think I'd like to see more close-up pictures of the play area, but I mean, MB maps also aren't that complicated either.

Posted Sep 13, 2018
    Unfavorited likes this.
  10. Heyo!
    Here are a few more pictures as requested by @Crash
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    If you have any other request or want new screenshots let me know!

OP OP
    worldcom and Unfavorited like this.
  11. Ahh I love it so far! Love seeing new Micro Battles Maps because a lot of them are pretty and simple like this. My favorite part of the build so far is the fish but I love everything else too. Good luck and I hope this map gets submitted!

Posted Sep 13, 2018
    TeaSpiller likes this.
  12. Looks pretty nice. How much is the top layer of ground split between sand, sandstone, etc.?

Posted Sep 13, 2018
  13. The block count for the floor is:
    288 pieces of sand
    282 pieces of sandstone
    and 73 pieces of birch wood.
    (That's just the floor it doesn't include the structure)

OP OP
  14. Seems good to me, that's a pretty darn even split. Definitely leaves room for miners to get sandstone early easily.

Posted Sep 13, 2018
  15. Looks good! Since it didn't fit in for the whole floor, maybe you could add some along the edge (to the void). This might look nice? It's ultimately up to you.

Posted Sep 13, 2018
  16. Hey! Just dropping a little feedback here!
    First off, the ground seems really plain and bland in my opinion, also I don't if it's just me but the grass on the sandstone slabs and stuff it seems too perfect, like someone made a thing for the grass to stand on, try making like a sand hill mount kind of thing. The sea lanterns on the map is gross, I think the fish could use some more like I dont know thickness? Is that the right word. lol. Otherwise everything else is really nice, though the one thing I would love to see on the map is like some dead trees or rocks, I think that would look great! Nice map and I would love to play on it!

vqau I Mineplex Eternal, Mineplex Build Trials

Posted Sep 13, 2018
  17. Quite impressive work @TeaSpiller! You should add some sandstone stairs and slabs to make it have more texture. If you would like any help, let me know!

Posted Sep 13, 2018
  18. Nice fish, the plants look a little too small and dead.
    Give it some size and growth i guess?

GL.

Posted Sep 13, 2018
  19. Hi, I'm just going to give some short feedback regarding the map! c:

Add a wider contrast and variety of different blocks to the ground of the map other than sand and sandstone. I would suggest birch wood planks, a bit of prismarine around the base mixed with some acacia-biomed grass. Make the leaf plants slightly larger, as well as taking the sea lanterns out of the floor.

But apart from that the map is off to a good start! Just bare in mind that there is a lot of 'Under the Sea' themed Micro Battles map's currently live so adding something original to the map would give it a better chance of getting accepted. Keep working though because it just could turn into something great :D

~Ocelotguy/Ocelotguy64 | Mineplex Map tester

Posted Sep 14, 2018
  20. Hey! For the first set of pictures you posted, I had the same criticism as Skreb. However, you did a great job at fixing those issues and making them look great, so I really don't have any other issues. At first I thought you could detail/texture the ground a bit better, but you seemed to fix that as well.

Great job!

Posted Sep 14, 2018