• 1090 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3174 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Three Maps for Submission

Discussion in 'Build Showcase' started by TalkingParrot, Apr 22, 2019.

?

How Good Are They?

Poll closed Apr 29, 2019.
  1. Both Bad

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Ones Good

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 2 are good.

42.9%
  4. there all good!

14.3%
  5. They should get in.

14.3%
  6. Most Amazing Ever!

28.6%
  1. Posted Apr 22, 2019
    Sokhi, FredModulars and Idut like this.
  2. I love these! They are really creative and I think they have a very good chance of being accepted. If you're feeling confident you can submit them at https://www.mineplex.com/mapsubmissions/
    Even if they aren't accepted they will give you very useful feedback. Good luck!

Posted Apr 22, 2019
  3. (I have already submitted and awaiting further action, thanks for the confidence with my maps)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 23, 2019
  4. Brilliant! Let me know how it went.

Posted Apr 23, 2019
  5. I did highlands then trapped in then misty meadows

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 23, 2019
  6. Hey!
    I think you’ve done a great job at making these maps and I ish you the best of luck on whether they get accepted or not. As for misty meadows I do think it’s great but maybe you could add a bird to the map or something like that.

Posted Apr 23, 2019
  7. Your maps look extremely well done. I’ll leave a little comment and suggestion on each map for you.

First Map: I really like this map. You very quickly showed your style and how you like to make your maps. They’re very raw and feature a lot of scenic trees, bushes, etc. I think this is one of the better maps, as it is nice and open and exemplifies your style. Maybe some large flowers, or something that shows some center of interest in the middle. Something to help your map stand out, as it’s a little plain.

Second Map:
    It looks really well made! The only comments I have are the fact that it could use a few more details for it to stand out. Maybe a little bit large or an island. Along with that, it needs that focal point(s). Places for players to get onto, or areas to escape to. I don’t think your map has that, sadly.

Third Map:
    Personally, this map needs a little bit of work. The walls need more fluidity to make sure they look really well put together. Right now, it’s too much of one design, and allows it to look a little artificial. If you change up your walls, maybe include some brick or stone somewhere. Also, try to find a different block to light the room; or possibly hide the glowstone. In my opinion, glowstone is one of the ugliest blocks and for me, makes the build a little worse. Which isn’t your fault, that’s just how the texture of glowstone makes me feel.

Posted Apr 23, 2019
    Ocelotguyy, joshuart and Dutty like this.
  8. I love all of your three maps what you have! Although, most of them weren’t that bad because you have tried your best to make your map looks good and playable for Nano Games and Bomb Lobbers. I don’t have tons of suggestions from me, but I do want to say that it looks great. If you feel like your map is eligible, you can fill the forum, Map Submission.

Although, I like your second map, Highlands for Bomb Lobbers. I remember that I played Bomb Lobbers last time, but I still haven’t completed all of my achievements. I also want to try out both of your maps for Nano Games too if the Build team approves both of them! I love Nano Games so much!

Posted Apr 23, 2019
  9. Cool, I made a map with somebody for super spleef and it is in testing!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 24, 2019
  10. I love these! My favorite would have to be Highlands, followed by Misty Meadows. Highlands has lots of detail and is just beautiful to look at. Misty Meadows is kind of like a lot of other forest maps, but nonetheless still looks great!

Trapped In needs a little work. I like the grid pattern you made but the rest just looks bland to me.

Good luck on your submissions!

Posted Apr 24, 2019
  11. Hey!
    Really awesome job on these maps, they look like you put a lot of effort in to them!

Posted Apr 24, 2019,
    Last edited Apr 24, 2019
  12. Well trapped in is not the best :p

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 24, 2019
    az4 likes this.
  13. It could be better i'll give you that but, overall though I think you did a really good job.

Posted Apr 24, 2019,
    Last edited Apr 24, 2019
  14. I really agree with @happilycam on this one. The first one is well made, it is nice, simple and I could see it being added. The second one looks really cool and like you put a good chunk of effort into it. To me, the third one looks rushed (that is only my opinion) and it looks too long to be a copy cat map. It’s just a wooden box. Overall your building skills are pretty good! Continue building and keep up the good work!

Posted Apr 24, 2019
    Caameronn likes this.
  15. Hey! I love them all I can see you have put a lot of time and effort into these maps, I love building myself but I cannot build anything like this! Amazing maps!

Posted May 5, 2019
  16. Misty Meadows: Slime Territory!
    I actually really like this map! The terrain and wildlife you've built are of a visibly high caliber, especially your trees-- they're like giant Bonsai trees, and it's obvious they were carefully sculpted. Overall, this map looks captivating to play on both in regards to terraforming and gameplay, and I see very little reason it wouldn't be implemented!

Highlands
    I'm a huge fan of the mushroom forest grotto vibe this map has. It's rich in aesthetic attention to detail, looks sized for gameplay, and the wildlife on the map was obviously hand sculpted. It also looks really well designed in terms of gameplay; the islands aren't too far apart, the islands are an appropriate size, and there aren't too many places for players to hide.

Trapped in: Copy Cat
    This is the map that I think needs the most improvement. The block composition is lacking and the overall design seems uninspired. I'd suggest using more types of wood, different types of shading, alternative forms of lighting, and possibly expanding the space to improve the map. I'd love to see a "v2" of this map that addresses these concerns.

I really love what you've built here! I think your first two maps are good to go, and your third one isn't far behind. I'd love to hear what the Build Team has to say about your submissions!

Posted May 5, 2019
    Danese likes this.