• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3126 Players Online
  • 3126 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Ties by time

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by PengWINpete, Dec 8, 2022.

1. Cakewars should have some way of removing ties from the game or at least increase the maximum length of the game

Posted Dec 8, 2022
  2. Ties are annoying, but you're given plenty of time to win the game, so there is no point in increasing the duration of the game. Personally the longer a game goes the more frustrating it can be to me, wouldn't you think the same?

Posted Dec 9, 2022
  3. Honestly I disagree with you. I am going to assume you are talking about bedrock as you don't have a java account linked, and so therefor this post is aimed at the bedrock side of things.

I quite like the way that game wins are counted. Basically there is "wins" and "not wins." A "not win" would be a tie, a disconnect, a loss etc. I'm going to assume by removing ties you mean removing the "nobody won the game." This would require removing the game time cap entirely, which I disagree with. The cap prevents people from just stalling the game forever, and encourages people to play to win rather than to stall as if the game is tied, everyone gets a "not win." Plus, you don't get many rewards for it anyway ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Cake Wars games are capped at 20 minutes. Cake rot happens at some point and then after that you have a few minutes before the game stalls out. That cake rot is your warning to get a move on.

Like mothy said, the game gives you plenty of time and I don't see how making it longer would make it more fun for either party, as either youre hiding for longer or youre stuck looking or in combat with the same people for longer. It's much more refreshing to play different games than be in the same one for half an hour.

Posted Dec 9, 2022
    Mothy likes this.