• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2579 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Tips You Must Know To Be Good At PvP

Discussion in 'Combat Games' started by CrySt0lx960, Jul 7, 2019.

1. Ok So I'm going to share some basic tips on how to become better at pvp. Some you may know and some you don't. However, these simple tips will make you a pvp god.

1. Jitter Clicking -
    In order to beat an opponent in pvp you must click faster than them. Jitter clicking is a clicking method where you vibrate your finger on the mouse to get tons of clicks. you can get 10 to 14 cps doing this method. There are other solutions like butterfly clicking but I prefer jitter clicking. Jitter clicking will take some practice but If you can master it and aim well, you will have an advantage over your opponents. There are tons of youtube videos on it, you should look into it.

2. Block Hitting -
    You may be able to click super fast but you come across someone in a pvp situation whos knocking you back every time they hit and no matter how fast you click they seem untouchable. There probably block hitting. Block hitting helps with 2 things. The first is reducing the damage of a blow but that isn't the important thing about it. You all should know about the first hit knockback when you hit someone on the first hit, your opponent will be knocked back. However, on the second hit, third hit and so on your opponent will be barely knocked back. Whenever you block, your next hit will be reset to the first hit meaning you will be knocking players back a lot in a pvp duel. Other alternatives are w tapping, I don't recommend it and I find block hitting superior. Try this out and you will destroy your opponent.

3. Strafing -
    Strafing is when you move from side to side to make it harder for your opponent to hit you. The best time to do It would be just before you and your opponent are in hitting range. There's not much explanation to it.

4. Jump Hitting - This is good for when you are in a very closed area or have a higher ground than someone. When you jump and you hit someone falling back down you will land a critical hit which will do slightly more damage than a regular hit.

I hope you all found these useful and have a good day, feel free to comment on what you think. :potato:

Posted Jul 7, 2019
  2. After playing minecraft for over 7 years I've never heard of block hitting resetting the knockback you apply to your opponent. Thanks for the tips! :)

Posted Jul 7, 2019
    rockie777 and CrySt0lx960 like this.
  3. I really like these tips!
    But I do think you can go in detail with strafing a bit more...
    I definitely think there's a bit of thinking when it comes to strafing.
    For example, right before i get into a fight, i like to try and land a few first hits before trading hits with them.
    Other times, when im in the middle of a fight, I look at where they're facing and avoid their crosshair. Like if their facing right, then go left.

If I have speed then i prefer to circle strafe instead of blockhitting and trading hits.

Posted Jul 7, 2019
    CrySt0lx960 likes this.
  4. Hey there!

This guide is really great actually. I think it'd help a ton of people! Especially those who are barely starting out on PvPing. I like the detail that was put into each section of tips. Great job!

Have a great rest of your day!

-JYTG

Posted Jul 8, 2019
  5. These tips are common knowledge for anyone who has been playing combat games on Minecraft for some time, so upon clicking on the thread I was hoping to see at least two or three tips, such as managing your health (knowing when to run away), using archery in a fight or anything else off the top of your head. However, these four tips are indeed the fundamentals of PvP, and your explanations are long enough to spark motivation in those who learn about them for the first time here for a quick research on the internet on these combat techniques.

I've found during my time playing Champions on this server that block hitting works well in this gamemode considering the special sword abilities available.

Posted Jul 8, 2019
  6. Hey man.... you forgot one important thing that without it, all of these would be utterly useless.

AIM.

Literally one of the most important things in Minecraft PvP.

I used to be able to jitter like average 13 cps but I couldn’t aim it at all. It’s easy enough to jitter that amount of cps, but aiming while clicking that fast is the hard part. Now that I practice it more in-game, I’m more used to it and it’ll feel more “normal” to click that way. Butterfly clicking is alway a nice alternative to this method as it’s easier to get up to 16-18 cps if you have certain mouses. The rest of your tips are pretty nice and would be a great addition if you could jitter while strafing/block-hitting. For me, I just stick to jitter clicking and w-tapping as it’s easier to aim while being able to possibly land an extra hit or combo to kill the opponent.

Oh yeah, one last thing. You honestly don’t need that high of a cps to pvp lol... Before getting into jitter clicking, I used to normal click 6-7 cps and that’s enough to be decent at PvP if you can implement block hitting/strafing or jump hitting. Plus, jitter clicking makes your arm/hand feel sore after a while. *sigh*

but that doesn’t mean higher cps is completely useless, its just a bit better.

peace,
    ~ nouqt//ailin

Posted Jul 15, 2019
    Zomaholic likes this.
  7. Absolutely yes. I once killed a friend with my laughable 6.5 cps and they later told me that they were using an autoclicker. As it turns out, because there are certain intervals during which you can swing your sword again, which means even the weakest cps can be literally achieve the fastest swinging speed possible if a hypothetical player were to swing frame-perfectly. Having played MC for its full 10 year run I click at basically the speed that my sword swings, and consistently beat out people who jitter click.

Overall, definitely strafe. And like Theories said, definitely aim. You reap what you sow but CPS is more sow than reap. Don't jump when starting a fight; you will get hit, and if your opponent is good they can immediately begin a kill combo. And I've seen block hitting used to great effect a few times, but generally I stand against using it because it's got some downsides (bad movement speed) and if you aren't careful you can get strafed to oblivion.

But in conclusion

This is -snip-.

-beeb

Posted Jul 15, 2019,
    Last edited by a Moderator Sep 2, 2019
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  8. The block one is probably the only one I haven't heard of before, the system is that it resets every time you block then? I suppose it might also be helpful when in a knockback streak type situation too, is there anything to be said about those? As in the reason people use fishing rod knockback before combat range.

Posted Jul 15, 2019
  9. I can't recommend doing this. Enclosed areas sure, especially 2 high. If you have the high ground, get the low ground, or strafe.

Posted Jul 15, 2019
    cerns and SpitefulNick like this.
  10. i’m not sure if its same on Mineplex but usually when you block hit, its like w- tap, it resets your sprint and deals more knock back during first hit. so.... you’re basically w-tapping.

~nouqt//ailin

Posted Jul 15, 2019
    Vact likes this.
  11. Jitter clicking doesn't matter, 6cps is all that is needed. Block hitting has too many cons especially in 1.8. Jumping while hitting is usually a bad thing in most situations. This "guide" seems like a generic pvp guide from 2014-2015 and the only thing correct about it is strafing which most people already know.

Posted Jul 20, 2019
    Crash and cerns like this.
  12. Strafing is correct, though CPS really doesn't matter for those who can w tap. Also, jump hitting for crits is a really dangerous idea because that's a really easy way to let someone start a hefty combo on you.

Posted Jul 20, 2019
  13. Hi!

I’m going to have to disagree with you on the “jitter clicking doesn't matter” part. Although I agree 6 cps can beat someone who clicks 12+, if the player who jitter clicks can aim and w-tap too, they’re probably going to get the first hit and will likely be able to combo the player who is clicking 6 cps. Not all players who jitter can, but I’m just pointing out that even if you can click 6, you won’t always be able to beat someone who can jitter.

(:
    ~nouqt//ailin

Posted Jul 20, 2019
  14. This is a very thorough explanation which will help a lot of player. But i've noticed that you put block hitting on it. The block hit is a very tough strategy to time and use in game and also I think you have missed out on rods here.

Posted Aug 23, 2019
    nouqt likes this.
  15. These are some really great tips! This could really be a good guide to help players out with PVP, so thanks for using your time and effort to create this for players! Personally I know for a fact that strafing is a huge key to winning as well as CPS. On mineplex the CPS reduces your knockback a little bit too, so you could win a lot of games with a larger number of CPS and a good strategy. I might actually try and use all of these tips while I'm playing some games, so thanks for posting this thread! :D

Posted Aug 24, 2019
    nouqt likes this.
  16. rods are great but not all games have them. i personally don’t block hit but i do w-tap and i think they essentially have the same purpose, to reset your sprint.

Posted Aug 24, 2019
  17. Hey buddy!

These are some really great tips, and I think it's very nice of you to share them to the community. I personally didn't learn anything new but I still enjoyed reading your post, since I have been playing Minecraft for a long time, I am aware of most of the PvP tactics. With the jitter clicking, I am pretty sure there is a certain number of CPS that is the highest registerable number (for example, someone who's CPS is 6 will deal the same as someone who's CPS is 10). Those aren't the exact numbers, but that general concept is what I have heard others say before regarding CPS. Either way, your small guide was quite detailed and I can see it benefitting lots of new players. Keep your hard work up!

Posted Aug 24, 2019
  18. I have never jitter clicked, and constantly get 7-8cps, but don't lose PVP fights to people that do so? Also, don't jump hit, nor block hit as in mineplex it slows you down alot when trying to strafe while block hitting, Some of these tips do help, but have never played a major role for myself in pvping, (Besides Strafing Of Course)
    This Guide should be updated, or even adding the real key features to pvp.

Posted Aug 24, 2019
  19. Some things I would like to note:

- You don't need to click faster than your opponents to win. I get around 6 cps because I can't aim when I jitter and I don't have any issue in PVP.
    - Block hitting can work depending on the situation but if you always rely on block hitting you aren't going to be very good. You have to mix block hitting and normal hitting to be effective.
    - You should be recommending w-tapping as it is EXTREMELY good for getting combos. Combine w-tapping with a nasty strafe and you will be getting combos every fight.
    - Be very careful with when you're jump hitting. I reserve it for critting out people when they aren't looking, eating a gapple or you're in a space where there is no room to strafe.

Posted Aug 25, 2019
  20. They are right in this instance. Trying to crit people mid fight loses your momentum and stops your strafe, making you easier to combo. Furthermore, you take a lot more kb, and so in game modes such as Skywars, you risk being knocked off the map and into the void.

However, I do agree with the rest of your guide, it's well explained, and as a retired tryhard, I can confirm I used these tactics to win games!

Great guide!

4G0

Posted Aug 25, 2019
    oppressxr likes this.