• 653 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9042 Players Online
  • 8389 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

To all SSM Creeper mains

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by james610, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Yeah, spiders actually have a rectuangular hitbox so no, the back does not have a bigger hitbox than the front. Just saying “get them near an edge” is like saying “just kill them”. You need to elaborate on how to do it. And depending on health/whether the spider is on ground or not, a sulfur bomb does not always work. Especially when spider has extremely good mobility to recover + knockback canceling with wall climb.

Posted Mar 9, 2019
  2. Actually, getting them near an edge is not like killing them. That's your first mistake. But one good shout you made, is that sulfur bomb does not always work. However, I am on about the likelihood of sulfur bomb doing extreme knockback, which is about around 60% of the time. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall wall climb being able to work while airborne? Knocback cancelling does not work while airborne, especially with Spider's wall climb. Spiders do not always use wall climb on ground, whether that being a skillful Spider class or a newcomer Spider class...

Posted Mar 10, 2019
  3. That wasn’t my point; my point was that you can’t just tell someone to do something without telling them how to do it. Sulfur doing extreme knockback, again, depends on their health and if they are airborne or not. I don’t know how you got 60% so I’ll just ignore that. You’re correct that wall climb doesn’t work airborne, but like you said, it works on the ground and would able to cancel the kb. You can even do it regularly with just with a normal double jump.

Posted Mar 10, 2019
  4. I never said it was your point; I said it was your first mistake so correct yourself on that.
    And Yes I will elaborate on the topic more and not just tell someone to do something without telling them how to do it. 60%... Let's just search the dictionary and look for the word "estimate". Lemme spell it out for you, it means to take an accurate guess. And my third point, I'm not saying and I hope you aren't saying it either: Spiders ALLWAYS wall climb on the wall and don't attempt to do it whilst airborne. A normal double jump does work, however I never included that.

Posted Mar 10, 2019
  5. Well, it is my point either way and it’s not a mistake. I clarified my point, and that’s what I meant. Like you said, that number is an estimate, a guess. If you don’t have any evidence to back it up, you shouldn’t use anecdotes to back up your points. I never said spider users use wall climb while airborne; you literally can’t. What I’m saying is that spider user are able to wall climb on the ground to cancel any knockback. In this case, SB knockback. Spiders don’t always use wall climb on walls.

Posted Mar 10, 2019
  6. That wasn’t my point; "You said this on Sunday, 3:46PM"
    Well, it is my point either way "You said this yesterday at 7:31PM"
    Also is it not a mistake? Is it not? Well I have one mistake. The quotes above. I dont know what your point is...
    You need to specify and elaborate on what your point is... You have said that a point is not your point and that later on you admitted that it is your point. I need you to specify what your point is. And yes it is a mistake because I didn't specifically say "Getting them near an edge is your point". There is another trip-over...
    Also I never said that you said Spiders use wall-climb while airborne...
    --- Post updated ---
    Also I have just Searched the percentage of knockback dealt by sulfur bomb and the correct percentage is 165%
    There is your Specific percentage...
    --- Post updated ---
    I just searched it up and the percentage of sulfur bomb knockback is 165%...

Posted Mar 11, 2019
  7. If you want, I guess I can lead you through it. First, you said, "...make sure you you get them close to the edge of the map..." I said, "Just saying 'get them near an edge' is like saying 'just kill them'. You need to elaborate on how to do it." Then you said, "Actually, getting them near an edge is not like killing them." This wasn't my point because I wasn't comparing the two in that way; I was comparing how you can't just tell someone to do something without telling them how to do it. Which is why I said, "That wasn’t my point [what you said]; my point was that you can’t just tell someone to do something without telling them how to do it.[my clarified point]" You then said, "I never said it was your point" even though you said, "Actually, getting them near an edge is not like killing them.", which is not my point. Which is why I said, "Well, it is my point [as in the clarified one] either way and it’s not a mistake. I clarified my point [I even said I clarified my point right here], and that’s what I meant." There's no mistake I made there.

As for spider's wall climb, I've said that wall climb doesn't work airborne but you still brought it up, clarifying that it doesn't work airborne even though I already knew. I said, "You’re correct that wall climb doesn’t work airborne" [Yesterday 10:46 AM] and you said, "Spiders ALLWAYS wall climb on the wall and don't attempt to do it whilst airborne." [Yesterday 11:39 AM].

And actually, Sulfur Bomb's knockback is 250%, not 165%. Also, I don't know why you're bringing this up because you said, "I am on about the likelihood of sulfur bomb doing extreme knockback, which is about around 60% of the time." which has nothing to do with knockback percentage, but instead, of the percentage of how much Sulfur Bomb works in killing someone.

Posted Mar 11, 2019
  8. We are arguing about a thread that the thread poster doesn't even care about anymore...

Posted Mar 11, 2019
  9. First of all, I am going to be partially repeating some things that leo said, in an attempt to clear this mess up. Walls of text are not really the best way to communicate.

Second of all, I want to point out that we are talking about high-level SSM, not pub-stomping (at least that is my assumption). You might be able to do all sorts of stupid stuff agaist bad players, but good luck trying to apply the same stradegy against actually good players.

You missed Leo's point entirely. His point is that getting a spider near an edge is not a trivial task, and you must explain how to do it. It is comparable to saying "just kill them" without an explanation.

The actions talked about itself are not comparable, but the entire point is that you just told people to do something non-trivial without an explanation.

What point are you trying to make here? This seems just like an unintelligible jumble of words to me. It doesn't make any sense.

Knockback cancelling does work while airborne. It just does. If you double-jump or use any ability that gives you momentum, you can absolutely cancel any kb mid-air.

Of course, you can't wall climb mid-air, but you can just spin web or double jump instead.

According to google, "estimate" is not to take an accurate guess. It is to "roughly calculate or judge the value, number, quantity, or extent of."

Let's play the definition game one more time with the word "roughly", shall we?

"in a manner lacking refinement and precision."

I rest my case.

Back to KB cancelling:
    You actually did include normal double jumps by saying "Knocback cancelling does not work while airborne"

Even if you didn't specify it, you basically said that ANY kind of knockback cancelling does not work mid-air.

I'd love to see what your source is. But, I'm going to take a wild guess and assume you used the outdated mineplex wiki.

And what do you know, the number 165% does appear on creeper there!

[​IMG]

But, even there, it's talking about the knockback creeper takes. Not about how much sulphur bomb does knockback. Furthermore, I would trust a game insights member to know these kind of specific numbers, or at least have someone who can check for them. At least I would trust them more than a normal player who claims they "searched" for the specific value.

Now, lastly, I would want to know what makes you trustworthy in this matter. What backs up your words? Everything so far has just seemed like an inexperienced player trying to sound smart, when in fact they know very little about the subject matter. The following quote especially undermines your credibility.

[​IMG]

As the image clearly shows, the back doesn't have a bigger hitbox. That box in the image is what you are actually hitting. You can see these hitboxes in-game by pressing F3 and B.

Posted Mar 11, 2019
    hellcqt, Crash, 69hd and 2 others like this.
  10. 20xx?

Posted Mar 15, 2019
  11. trick question, you dont
    you leave when you see them in lobby so you dont gain any skills what so ever and only pick on weaker players to get that sweet victory royale.

Posted Mar 22, 2019
    Eroil likes this.
  12. play guardian

Posted Mar 24, 2019