• 279 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6859 Players Online
  • 6580 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

To be fixed BEFORE any new games/features.

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Nyan0, Jul 29, 2021.

?

Should we first fix existing bugs, or first focus on adding new features? (Once new devs are hired)

1. Fix existing bugs first.

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Add new features first.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi,

Here's a list of bugs, that I feel are "game breaking" that need to be addressed before adding any new features to the game.

Apparently, new developers "are being recruited". Once that happens, it will be very tempting to have them work on new flashy features, thinking that those will attract more new players. Please resist this temptation. Any new players attracted that way will be put off by the myriad of game-breaking bugs if those are not fixed.

As I've mainly been playing Arcade, Draw-my-Thing and Speed Builders the last few weeks, I will focus on these games.

Speed Builders
    • In 1.16 / newer MC versions, orientation-sensitive blocks change their orientation after being placed. Also the server might see the block as in a different orientation vs. what is displayed by the client.
      Both of these bugs are game-breaking as certain builds are impossible to 100% on with MC 1.16+.
    Draw my Thing
    • DMT is broken for MC 1.17. You can't see the whole canvas, etc... This is an issue in every single round of this game. New player joins, tries DMT and gets put off by the terrible state the game is in. Then an experienced player tells them to downgrade, but that is not a solution. It's frankly embarassing. Most of these 1.17 players end up leaving entirely.
    Mixed Arcade
    • Half slabs, fences and lily pads glitch the player, should he choose to play on 1.15/1.16+. Game-impacting/breaking in various arcade games, and other games.
    • Any mounts are broken. This completely breaks the game Snake. But this also applies to cosmetics.
    • In 1.15/1.16+, certain doors are glitched. Either invisible but impassable by the player. Or stuck in their open/close state, unable to be changed by the player.
    • Monster Maze beacons sometimes not lighting up, and the maps/map loading being quite un-optimized, leading to lag spikes. (The lag spikes can be fixed by installing optimized rendering mods, such as Phosphor and Sodium. Still an issue in general, though).

Feel free to comment any other bugs in other games below.

Posted Jul 29, 2021
  2. Reporting bugs via https://mineplex.com/bugs will have them put in a priority list based on player impact, severity etc, making a thread with a list of bugs is just confusing & doesn't help to easily organize the bugs for developers.

Posted Jul 29, 2021
    20LeeBrian1 likes this.
  3. Hey there, thank you for brining these to our attention. It's important that bugs like these get reported and fixed so that everyone can have a better experience on the network. The newer version of Minecraft have been incredibly buggy and cause a lot of issues, some of these not much can be done about sadly. For the meantime, I would playing on lower versions, personally I use 1.8.9 when on Mineplex.

As my fellow mod @CookieBilly said perfectly above, all bugs you encounter should be reported through https://mineplex.com/bugs (making sure to first have a read over the reporting guide before you submit any bugs). This means we can hopefully get on to fixing everything so nobody else has to experience these issues again in the future.

Since there's nothing much more to say on this, I will go ahead and lock the thread. If you have any further questions then please don't hesitate to send me a message ^^

Thread locked ~ Concern addressed

Posted Jul 29, 2021
    20LeeBrian1 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.