• 4150 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 12782 Players Online
  • 8632 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion too much gem

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by fallacious, Feb 19, 2020.

1. u know when we first login the server and playing minigames , our goal is just to get enough gem and buy kit and stuff (atleast thats my goal) , and it just took too long to get a kit , like the cheapest kit , i meant [​IMG] its fine to be like that and it take time for us to get anything right ? but the duration is so long , i think u should have a upgrade that give lower level more gem, and that lead me to another problem. The gem, after playing mineplex for long time , i realize i have so much gem and dont know wat to spend those on , and i keep getting more and more when i leveled up , and its so confuse like... wat will i do with those gem , wat could i possibly do when i have all the kit and every thing. So i think u should add some minigames that we can spend the gem on or something else ( but dont do kit upgrade , it make new player harder to get start on , like me the old days , and its too easy for skilled player ) btw , i hope u can respond this msg and do something

Posted Feb 19, 2020
    Monkqy, Jango_55 and gzen like this.
  2. i am a more experienced player on the server, however i can totally relate to what you’re saying. gems are just something people have a lot of at this point and they’re pretty useless.

i also agree with the buffs you suggested to the gems, like being a more open currency with kit levels.

i think this could use a bit more clarification so +0.75 :))

Posted Feb 19, 2020
    fallacious likes this.
  3. I agree

Posted Feb 19, 2020
    fallacious likes this.
  4. Mineplex should implement something in the server to make our gems more useful.

They should also do something with shards too because just buying chests is one thing. If there is something else we can buy with shards this would make mineplex more interesting.

Posted Feb 19, 2020
    fallacious likes this.
  5. There's a very limited amount of things Mineplex can do with shards to abide by the EULA so everything purchased using shards has to only be cosmetic and not give any game advantages so unfortunately I don't think Mineplex would be able to do much more with shards but I do agree that there should be more things for us to do with gems.

Posted Feb 19, 2020
    SpyNinja__ and fallacious like this.
  6. level 42 isn't that high either tbh

Posted Feb 19, 2020
  7. Hey! I've been playing on Mineplex for a while now too and have noticed the issue in which gems have become some what useless if you have all the kits in the games, and as others said above, shards have a similar problem.
    I'd love if you could clarify/expand your idea a little more so that I can understand the whole idea. My perception is that you want to add mini games that are purchasable with gems or that within current minigames there are other things you can buy besides kits. Personally, I think adding some other things to games other than kits would be cool, such as power ups in certain games, I don't really have a ton of ideas for powerups right now but it may be a fun use of gems. The thing about this is that it may put a lot of advantages over less experienced players with less gems, so making in-game alterations with these may be difficult to implement taking into consideration all the factors. My other idea would be to add certain particles, cosmetics or titles that you can purchase with shards. Overall I really like the idea of making gems and shards more versatile, let me know what you think!
    Thanks! -Unknitsun

Posted Feb 19, 2020
  8. The thing about this is that it may put a lot of advantages over less experienced players with less gems, so making in-game alterations with these may be difficult to implement taking into consideration all the factors.

This could be easy to fix... Just set up a ranking system or something although i do realize that this could jist hurt the server due to the player drop.

Posted Feb 19, 2020
    fallacious likes this.
  9. I don't really like the idea of making minigames that are bought with gems. Yes, I have an immense amount of extra gems now, but I don't really like this idea. Taking into consideration of beginners, I feel as though this would be unfair for people who don't have a lot of gems. Only the people with a lot of gems would be able to purchase the minigame. Plus, if Mineplex were to add a new minigame, I think they would make it open to everyone. There isn't really a point in making games that are bought with gems. Besides that, I think new additions to games could be a neat way to spend gems. Such as perhaps new kits, although I don't really think any new kits should be added. But maybe like a powerup like @Unknitsun suggested or perhaps another feature to the game. I think powerups would be better than adding games that are only purchasable by gems.

Posted Feb 19, 2020
    xGetRektedx, fallacious and Unknitsun like this.
  10. this was a stupid answer so i editted it

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 19, 2020,
    Last edited Feb 19, 2020
  11. Hmm? Do you mean cosmetics? I don’t really understand what you’re saying here. There already is dyed leather armor, the Rave Set, as a cosmetic. I'm a little confused as to what you want. If you're suggesting cosmetics purchasable by gems, there's no need for that. Cosmetics are found in chests, and I think it would be unfair to just make it able to be bought with gems, specifically for new players.

Posted Feb 19, 2020
    fallacious likes this.
  12. omg this was such a dumb answer so i editted it

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 19, 2020,
    Last edited Feb 19, 2020
    Monkqy likes this.
  13. Particles are currently cosmetics. You can find particles in chests. I don't see what you mean? Sorry if I'm being a bit repetitive, I'm just trying to understand what you're trying to say. Particles can be enabled, and appear in game, as well as in lobbies.

Posted Feb 19, 2020
    fallacious likes this.
  14. ugh no not that kind of particle , i meant the particle that create some sort of symbol or something like that whenever the player use them

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 19, 2020
  15. Are you thinking of the spray can item that another major Java server has? If so, I suppose I wouldn’t mind seeing this added, minus the fact that it is copying another server’s idea. Maybe something similar, but not exactly like that. I guess I have no other objections, and I suppose it would be a way to spend gems. If Mineplex altered the idea, perhaps I’d be with it.

Posted Feb 19, 2020
    fallacious likes this.
  16. well actually , it is copy but wat so mater about copying when mineplex can do so much better than the other server , who done it first doesnt matter , mineplex will always come out being the best

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 19, 2020
  17. I love that title bro smh XD.

Posted Feb 19, 2020
  18. I personally do think gems could have more use. Previously gems were important for the gem fountain back when weekend brawl was a thing. I would personally love to see weekend brawl re-added. It was enjoyable and it made gems more valuable.

Posted Feb 19, 2020
    SpyNinja__ and fallacious like this.
  19. more gem

Posted Feb 19, 2020
    gzen likes this.
  20. why more gem why no less gem

Posted Feb 19, 2020
    gzen and little_dude_9000 like this.