• 1939 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4518 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Trainee Advice

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by iTzAlexCab12, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Anyone has advice on how to become a trainee.

Posted Jan 21, 2020
    xGetRektedx and Cardyceps like this.
  2. Just be honest. That is the best advice I can give you. If you are honest and still get declined then try to find out why, text the mod, figure it out yourself and if you can not resolve the issue then you are not made for it.

Posted Jan 21, 2020
    iTzAlexCab12 likes this.
  3. Posted Jan 21, 2020
    iTzAlexCab12 likes this.
  4. Ok thank you

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 21, 2020
    Cardyceps likes this.
  5. I did the application 2 times, but both were denied, first one because of the lack of information and second one was denied because I had warning points for mentioning a historic event. From what I know there is a guy on Mineplex that wrote 20 applications before he was accepted! You can do reapplication only after 2 full weeks. 20*7=140 days if we won't count the brakes before each reapplication! You also need to find 2 months of free time as you will need them for your trainee education and after those 2 months will pas you will become a moderator, if I am not making a mistake, you can become an admin, BUT it will require a lot of work! I hope that you will be luckier than me and that you won't need the reapplication.

Posted Jan 21, 2020
  6. Posted Jan 21, 2020
  7. Hey there! :sigils_down:

In regards to “advice” on getting accepted into the staff team. First off, you have to make sure you’re applying for the right reasons. I cannot stress enough how important it is that you are applying to help other people and not simply “gain power.” If your mind isn’t in the right place and you’re only in it for the power, it will show and I firmly believe that it won’t work out well.

Secondly, never give up! I have applied 6 times, two on the new website. Honestly, getting denied is a good way to reflect. You have a two week waiting period before you can reapply and I find that re-reading your application and looking at the denial reason to improve it has helped me a lot. It’s very rare that someone gets accepted first try, so never get discouraged at a denial!

Now I can’t just tell you what to right to get accepted, but it’s pretty straight forward in writing terms. First tip, DO NOT LIE because this will hurt your chances of acceptance in the future. Try and be as detailed as possible, get a lot of good vocabulary and description in your application. Lastly, something I think helped me, tell the staff a bit about yourself and why you want the position. Like I said, it has to be valid and you have to make sure your in it for the right reasons.

Best of luck in your application!

Posted Jan 21, 2020
  8. We have a lot of Moderators in Russia who are applying only to get power, most of them are staying for ever.

Posted Jan 21, 2020
  9. Thank you everyone

OP OP
    KerbalBoy likes this.
  10. Make sure that when you apply, you are applying to provide value to the community. You must understand that the power associated with a staff position is designed for the benefit of Mineplex, not for selfish ambitions. Also, you must list any attributes or past performance that can assure the reviewer that you can indeed provide this value without speculation. Commonly, applications are denied for a lack of information, inaccuracy, past punishments, among others. If you can promote the mindset within yourself to resist self-gratification and instead actively push yourself to benefit others, I can guarantee that you will eventually find yourself in a staff position.

Posted Jan 21, 2020
    ScarletBlood37 and iTzAlexCab12 like this.
  11. Heyyya!

My personal biggest tip for getting Trainee on Mineplex is to just be yourself. Don't be who you think we want you to be, because we want you to be you! It's important for us to get a good idea of who you are as a person in order to get you properly fitted onto the Staff team with the perfect conditions for you to grow and learn. I always like it when I see people who showcase their true personality when applying, it makes me happy.

For a few more (less vague) tips, I recommend checking out our Becoming A Trainee: 2 thread which goes into wayyy more detail on how you can improve your chances of becoming Staff. It's got everything you need to know - from tips n' tricks to n in-depth look at our denial reasons - and it's a very useful link that even I used when I was applying!

If you do choose to apply, I wish you the very best of luck:)
    If you happen to have any further questions, feel free to message either me or another Recruiter (you can find us on our Staff list under 'Recruitment')!

Posted Jan 21, 2020
    Im_Ken and ScarletBlood37 like this.
  12. Thank you

OP OP
  13. Hey! This was going to be the tip I was going to offer, but Neo explained it perfectly. There’s actually a story about this that goes a long way back to when I was barely 12 years old and first thinking about applying for trainee. Let’s just say I didn’t do some stuff that I’m proud of, and that came back to bite me. I was too scared to apply for trainee because of that mistake, thinking that it would get denied on the spot, but I happened to make it to interview stage and then trainee.
    I talked about what I did wrong in my fifth, final application, and after a nervous interview with my interviewer AGLThree and RA (now recruiter!!) Neotheater, I’m now where I am today :D

Even if you’re not proud of something you have done, just admit it. I spent so long trying to live up to an imaginary ‘myself’ that I wasn’t in the past year, all four of my applications were denied, and I decided to just own up to what I didn’t do right and spilled it all out to the recruitment team.

Anyways, long story short, just be yourself and don’t be afraid to hide something that you’re ashamed of. Everyone makes mistakes, and that’s just a part of growing as a person.

Posted Jan 21, 2020
    xGetRektedx, KerbalBoy and neotheater like this.
  14. Posted Jan 21, 2020
    xGetRektedx and KerbalBoy like this.
  15. Hey!

Sometimes it seems like there are a million factors that contribute towards your chances of getting on the staff team, and there are many to bear in mind which is why it is important that you head in with the right intentions. Carefully consider each given responsibility and evaluate whether or not you are able to take it on. If you find that you can't, take time to improve or put yourself in perspective. It should not be a reason to get discouraged but rather to view it as an opportunity to improve as a person. Remember, you need to be able to cope with all the duties of a Trainee instead of one or two that might appear to stand out!

Don't think of each question as a heading that you have to write four lines for in order to fulfill, but rather as a chance to elaborate on why you are the best fit for the team. I find that it is very helpful to always relate your answer back to the question. Make your point, give an example, and explain it as best you can. Emphasise what makes you stand out from other candidates, as you have to keep in mind that there are so many others whose mouse is hovering over that "Submit" button the same week as you!

My last tip is to let your personality shine through in almost everything you write. This is actually the easiest part if you try not to overthink it. The recruiters want to hear about you, which should be obvious yet it can be forgotten amidst every other aspect of the application. Never be afraid to give an anecdote of maybe one time spent on Mineplex that really stood out to you. As one of the section reads, it really is all about you!

Best of luck with your application and I hope all goes well for you with this advice!

Posted Jan 21, 2020
    xGetRektedx and ScarletBlood37 like this.
  16. Thank You everyone for the help

OP OP