• 889 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9327 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Trainees, Mods, and Sr.Mod's little background change for replies.

Discussion in 'Website Feedback' started by Knazamn, Aug 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey!
    As many others have said, I don't believe that this is a necessary addition to the forums. As others have mentioned, Admins and Developers have highlighted responses so their responses stand out, these are official words from Mineplex for the most part. Members of the PPC pay to get the highlight. I feel that adding the highlight to all staff responses would be confusing, and potentially distracting to new players. Overall, it's an interesting idea, but I don't feel it's what the forums need right now. -1 from me.

Posted Aug 31, 2019
  2. I agree with Bunni on this one, it’s just not needed. Adding more background colours would just make the forums look more messy, -1 from me.

Posted Sep 10, 2019
  3. Hey, I like the the idea behind this. It's interesting.

It would be understandable if the staff had their own background color, but I don't find it necessary at all. If all staff members and PPC members had their own background color, it would make the forums look messy.

Posted Sep 10, 2019
  4. Yo!

Personally, I don't see a point for this to be implemented. Us staff members already have the bold gold-colored tag for us to be easily identified (in addition to it saying our rank). The blue colored post is a perk for PPC on the forums, but us staff members don't need this perk since our goal on the forums is to interact with the community, not make ourselves noticed. Generally, whenever an Admin+ posts on the forums, the post that they make is very important in what they are saying, so having the red background alerts others of this. However, us normal staff members are always posting on threads on topics from anything to helping out to an idea that has just been suggested; they aren't anything that need to be bolded for others to see right away. Overall, thanks for the suggestion, but I don't think that it's necessary at the moment.

Posted Sep 10, 2019
  5. -1 for me

As for reason stated above I don't this this is a good idea. There are a lot of mods/srmods ect rn and I would make the forums a bit ugly in my opinion. With so many staff it wouldn't make the post stand out anymore as there would be hundreds of posts with the same orange background. I don't think they need this to stand out more as they already have the mod tag. Imo this wouldn't be necessary.

Posted Sep 10, 2019
  6. I personally don’t think staff members need to ‘stand out’ any more than they already do. With the golden name, and general staff member tag, it just doesn’t seem necessary for there to be more. Plus I feel like it’d just be a bit less aesthetic to be honest. I admit, it would be cool to have a slightly light gold background on the forums, but I just don’t see why that’s needed. As a staff member, our goal isn’t to stand out, it’s to help out the community in any way we can. We’re not any more special than a regular community member, so I don’t think something like this would benefit the forums.

Like what was mentioned above, I would actually like to see some kind of background for staff members with SOTM/MOTM. That might be cool, but again, I don’t think we need to stand out more than we already do. I’m just not completely opposed to the SOTM/MOTM Idea! Thank you so much for the suggestion! Keep them coming! <3

Posted Sep 10, 2019
  7. We will not be giving any form of colored backgrounds to anyone else.

There are a few reasons to this, so hang on tight:
    1. Our forums would be a mess with colors and look terrible.
    2. It was denied by Admin+, probably for the reason I said above.
    3. SOTM/MOTM ex-staff would confuse new players even more if they had a colored background, probably making them think that they're some type of Admin/current staff that is higher up than srmod.

Thanks for the suggestions, but we won't be adding neither of them. Message me with questions or concerns.

Posted Oct 16, 2019 at 12:10 AM
    24OO likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.