• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6523 Players Online
  • 6523 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Official [Translations Team] Information

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Tobias, Apr 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]
    Hello, citizens of Mineplex!

If you have a burning desire to help out on the server, and you speak a language aside from English, this is the thread for you. May we present: The Mineplex Translations Team.

The Mineplex Translations Team is in charge of translating the Mineplex network, including the Website and the Bedrock Server, into 21 different languages. Since 2016, we have been working on making the server accessible to users & players from all over the world! We believe that a localized environment is beneficial for everyone as it allows us to link cultures, regardless of what language they speak.

We have two sub-teams within the team, Translators and Scouts. The majority of our members are Translators, and they are responsible for translating content into their respective language. Scouts are responsible for quality checking translations that are live on the network.

This thread will guide you through everything you need to know about the Translations Team. It contains links to other important threads as well, so make sure to check those out, too! For general updates on the team, visit the update thread.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

[​IMG]

Before you continue reading, you should know that we have some basic requirements set for the Translator and Scout positions. Make sure you read over everything here before submitting an application!

Translator Requirements
    1. You must have a great grasp of the English language. The quality of a translation decreases drastically if you cannot understand what you are translating. You also must be able to communicate properly between the members of the team.
    2. You should be fluent or have high proficiency in the language you want to apply for. This is necessary as the content you translate will be shown to all users of the network, and the quality needs to be tip-top!
    3. You should not have any recent severe punishments in-game, on the forums, or anywhere else on the network.*
    4. You must maintain a good standing with Mineplex during your time on the team. As a member of the Translations Team, you are officially representing Mineplex. As a result, the consequences of your actions will extend to more than yourself whilst being on the team.

Scout Requirements
    1. You should have a great grasp of the English language. Proper communication between Scouts, Developers and Managers is paramount, and making a compromise in this area would increase the time it takes for issues to be addressed.
    2. You must be an active and avid website/forums user. This is to ensure that you do not waste your time on getting lost whilst searching for errors on the website.
    3. You should be familiar with/have an interest in Mineplex Bedrock. There is a chance that scout tasks will be directed to the Bedrock part of the network, so scout applicants should have a motivation for working in this area, too.
    4. You should not have any recent severe punishments in-game, on the forums, or anywhere else on the network.*
    5. You must maintain a good standing with Mineplex during your time on the team. As a member of the Translations Team, you are officially representing Mineplex. As a result, the consequences of your actions will extend to more than yourself whilst being on the team.
    6. Being bilingual and knowledgeable of the forums is a plus.

* Considered on a case-by-case basis.
    Although the application for TT does not require as much as, say, a Trainee application, we are still looking for members with great personalities. Make sure that you shine through in your application!
    Visit this thread for more information on the application process as well as our expectations of you.
    Are you having trouble writing your application? Have a look at our guide on how to write a good application for the team!

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

[​IMG]
    The Scouts are the Quality Assurance members of TT. They test out the newly implemented strings, ensuring that all translations follow the given format on the designated area of the network. Multilingual Scouts will also be able to quality check translations for contextual issues once they have been uploaded to the network.

All Scouts are assigned individual tasks that they must log and communicate out to the management team as well as the rest of TT. Fulfilling these tasks ensure that we can forward issues more easily, meaning that they will be fixed more swiftly.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

[​IMG]

We have over 50 members in our team! Since there are so many of us, putting an introduction for every single member would require its own separate thread. Instead, here’s what some of our awesome Translators and Proofreaders have to say about themselves and the team!

Hullo - my name is Tobias, I am 20 years of age and also a current manager of the Translations Team. I have been a part of TT for four and a half years. During those years I have had the opportunity of meeting such a broad variety of people that you simply will not believe. Personally, I am very fascinated by cultural differences and the related discussions, and being on TT has allowed me to experience that hobby on a daily basis.

I once had to write a bigger exam project for my English class on the topic “Science of Happiness”, and the support I received from everyone was simply outstanding! The fact that I was able to gather that many people and hear about their personal experiences with happiness was such a great moment that I will never forget. It just goes to show the bond between the team members, and how well we communicate with each other. I would not change it for a thing, and I hope to stay here until I am literally forced to go down my coffin.

Heya! My name is Appeltjesap and I am a translator for the Dutch part of the Translation Team. I have played on Mineplex for a looong time but I have been a translator for only 11 months. I really enjoy the work that we do - the translating is fun to do and I like that I am contributing to the Mineplex community by doing it. The team is amazing, everyone works together so well. By joining this team I have also been able to learn more about other cultures, which I think is great. So if you have a passion for translating and are looking for an opportunity to work with people from all around the world, you should think about joining the Mineplex Translation Team!

Hi! I'm Seqv, and I'm translating Finnish for the translation team. I have been playing on Mineplex for six years, and I've had many great experiences on the Network. I like the translation team, because it's managed and chill at the same time. There are some responsibilities you have to do, but there are also some exclusive translation team things, like minigame events, giveaways, and movie nights! I have been in the translation team for only few months, but I don't plan on quitting the translation team anytime soon!

Hello! My name is Nezze and I have been playing on Mineplex for approximately 5 years. I was the proofreader for a long time however, I am currently a translator for Polish language. My journey with Translations Team goes back to 2017 though. I originally joined the team in order to gain more experience in the translation field. I have been learning English since I was a child and I am currently in the process of studying English language at the university. Not only do I bring the assistance to the team, but I have also had an opportunity to meet incredible people who share their enthusiasm for translating just like I do.

I truly recommend applying for Translations Team to those who are aspiring to be a part of it. Our team is full of people who can always find something for themselves and who are open-minded. We treat everybody with respect, work in a friendly environment and appreciate all of the effort put into the team. If you are passionate about translating, I highly encourage you to apply once a position for translator for your language opens!

Ciao! This is coralines, former staff at Mineplex and Italian proofreader since 2016. I have been part of this server and this team for a long time, ranging from translator to manager. Personally, I have always been very community involved, trying to contribute and improve other people's experience on the server. This is the team I have been part of for the longest time, simply because it's a very chill environment, and the workload is not so bad. What I do on a daily basis in the team is proofreading, translating, helping my team whenever I can, and of course chat with everyone!

If you are considering applying for this team, and you are fluent in one other language beside English, I would 100% recommend applying. It's a nice language practice in a friendly team, where things get done, and at the end of the day you will be helping non-native speakers get around!

Hello all, I'm Ender. Welcome to my truncated TED Talk! Since January 2020, I've been the Turkish Proofreader for the Translations Team. My Mineplex story is an interesting one, to say the least. I first joined the server back in June 2014, and played on-and-off until I first signed up for the Mineplex forums hosted on the Enjin platform in February 2016. In the time between then and now, I've embarked on a wide variety of endeavors, including a popular community meme wall, a stint as GI, and managing a spreadsheet of up-and-coming level 90-99 players alongside some other community figures. I believe in the importance of giving back to the communities you've been a part of, and translating/proofreading for the server is easily one of the most tangible and meaningful ways I can say I've done that. Being a part of the Translations Team has been an overall rewarding experience; aside from continuously practicing and reinforcing my own knowledge of languages outside of English, I have had the opportunity to meet and engage with amazing people with a passion for translating and cross-cultural encounters. Plus, you really can't go wrong with helping directly improve the experience of new players outside of English-speaking countries either.

You've probably read a couple of bios at this point and are wondering whether you should join the team. Or maybe you just happened to stumble upon this thread and happen to be fluent in at least one other language. Regardless of where you're coming from, I would seriously recommend applying. The Translations Team is a really strong, tight-knit community, and we do all sorts of activities together outside of translating for the server. The work is very manageable and largely depends on your own flexibility and ability to work around your schedule; on top of that, it's a great way to sharpen your own skills and receive help from a supportive network. Trust me, you won't regret it.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

[​IMG]
    We want to emphasize that the workload of the Translations Team varies significantly, seeing as the work depends on the number of updates on the network. Being a part of the Translations Team relies heavily on keeping oneself updated with Discord announcements, Mineplex updates, & discussions, and therefore requires a high level of communication between the members and Management. As Managers we strive to get the work to our members as soon as it is available to us, but we cannot foresee how long the breaks will be between projects. Please keep this in mind when applying for the position.
    So, are you interested in the team? Apply here!
    We wish you the best of luck on your application!

Should you have any further questions, check out the FAQ or contact one of the Managers below
    @Tobias | @MiningCreeper |@Spoertt

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────​

Posted Apr 14, 2020,
    Last edited Jun 11, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.