• 671 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9704 Players Online
  • 9033 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Translations Team: New Language Suggestions

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Vocaloiid, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Hello everyone! I'll keep this short and sweet: Translations Team Management is currently looking for new languages the community would like to be translated! If you have any languages you believe a good amount of players of Mineplex speak in, or any other languages you believe should be supported, please suggest them below! Here are the languages Translation Team already supports:

Chinese
    Croatian
    Danish
    Dutch
    Finnish
    French
    French (Canada)
    German
    Italian
    Japanese
    Norwegian
    Polish
    Portuguese
    Portuguese (Brazilian)
    Romanian
    Russian
    Spanish
    Swedish

Posted Jun 5, 2019
    scarlet, Tea, nolawn and 12 others like this.
  2. I've recently met like 5-6 Arabic speakers on EU, so if you have the time it might be cool to translate stuff for them. Quite a lot of my friends in general on mineplex come from the middle east, so it would be nice to facilitate them through translations in Arabic. All in all, though, they do speak English so I don't know how valid or necessary that might be.
    Either way, it's nice to see that you guys are asking the community for what languages they'd like to see translations for - good luck with that!

Edit: As @BaconAnEggs mentioned, Korean might be a good choice. I have a couple friends from there who play MP (just MC in general) <3

Posted Jun 5, 2019
    Evence, BizarreAvatar, Hxmza and 3 others like this.
  3. Heyoo!
    I'd really like to mention that I love that the Translations Team is reaching out to the community like this! I love that you are reaching out to the player base, I think this is a great thing you're doing! As for any languages that I think should be added, I think that Mineplex should translate into Korean, as I've noticed that's not a language that's currently offered. Anyways, thank you so much for reaching out, I'm super excited to see this!

Posted Jun 5, 2019
  4. I've always been interested in Translations Team but didn't apply since I couldn't speak any of the languages offered. As such, it's really cool that you guys are searching for new languages to be translated! Like @BaconAnEggs, I'd really like to see Korean added as I have seen several Korean speakers around the network. Looking forward to seeing new languages added to TT!

Posted Jun 5, 2019
    BizarreAvatar and BaconAnEggs like this.
  5. Yes, I love this! Keep up the great work you guys! :))

Posted Jun 5, 2019
    Vocaloiid likes this.
  6. Hey! I have been interested in the Translation Team for quite some time but it hasn’t supported my main language yet, which is Arabic. I have seen multiple users who speak this language around the server, so adding it would be pretty cool.

Posted Jun 5, 2019
  7. What do you speak then?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 5, 2019
  8. Hello!

I would definitely advise you to add something like Irish to the program. It'll be very interesting to add! It's nice to see you guys reaching out to the community for things like this!

Posted Jun 5, 2019
  9. czech pls

Posted Jun 5, 2019
    BizarreAvatar likes this.
  10. A large majority of Irish people don't speak Irish as their first language. We're translating for people who have these languages as their first language and don't know English.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 5, 2019
  11. Well, let me provide my second suggestion.

Korean

Posted Jun 5, 2019
    Tobias and Vocaloiid like this.
  12. I can fluently speak English and Korean.

Posted Jun 5, 2019
    Tobias and Vocaloiid like this.
  13. There's a great diversity of players on the EU, US, and bedrock servers so the more languages we have to translate the server into, the more players we will be able to accommodate.
    The languages I've seen players speak on the forums, in game and sometimes on discord, are some of the more common ones, but there are a few i'll list below that I do think should be added as I'm seeing more players speaking in those languages:
    Korean
    Turkish
    Czech
    Arabic
    Hindi
    Punjabi

These are the ones i've seen, but there could be more, thats it for my suggestions

Posted Jun 6, 2019
    Tobias likes this.
  14. If possible I'd personally love to see some funny/joke 'languages' introduced, such as Aussie or Piratespeak for example. Oh well, a suggestion nonetheless!

Considering language selection is automatic? server-side when you select a language within the game on bedrock I'd assume something like this would require some mechanism to activate it, requiring development resources. Would be neat to have but probably more on the unrealistic side of things.

Posted Jun 6, 2019
    Evence, lili :) and Tobias like this.
  15. Not sure if this is EU, but Hindi can also be added. Most people in India who play on Mineplex may be bilingual, but the ones that are not it can confuse them when they are in a lobby. Also, I believe India has the largest population so adding Hindi would make sense

Posted Jun 6, 2019
    Tobias likes this.
  16. This would definitely be an experience but I think we will have to focus on other languages (as Vocaloid mentioned, languages spoken by primarily non-English speakers). But thank you very much for the suggestion, I could not help but think about adding all the different Danish dialects that exists!

Arabic as a potentially supported language is something that we have been hearing more and more about, and I find that very interesting actually. Thank you for your input, I will be taking it into consideration!

Again, Korean, Turkish, Czech and Arabic are some languages that we have been made aware of in the past, so the fact that you are recommending them now truly warms my heart. I will gather all these answers and we will see what we can do about it!

I do see your point on this matter, and, remember, we do support languages outside of EU, too.

Thank you to all of you for contributing to this thread, but do not stop yet! If you or anyone you know speaks a language outside of English that is not supported yet, please feel free to shout it out here and we will do what we can to make your wishes come true (that is, if we determine them to be reasonable. I am not a fairy godmother, after all, albeit I do dream of becoming one in the future.)

Posted Jun 6, 2019
  17. Oh, this would be cool to see. I would also suggest some other European languages, like Ukrainian, Hungarian, Icelandic, Greek, and Irish.

Posted Jun 8, 2019,
    Last edited by a Moderator Jun 8, 2019
    Tobias likes this.
  18. Hey there!
    I would definitely love to see more language being incorporated into the translations team. As of now, there are a few languages and I definitely encourage the team to expand their options!

As being an ex-Arabic translator, I can definitely vouch for the return of the Arabic translations team. I enjoy speaking the language and I’m very fluent. I’d love to use my ability in speaking to help the server.

Posted Jun 8, 2019
    Hxmza and Tobias like this.
  19. I am Indian an currently am in the process of trying to get accepted as Trainee. India is split up into many states and almost every one has its own language, I can fluently speak Telugu and English currently and, while Hindi would be nice, it doesn't include the 12+ other languages that majority of the country speak.

Posted Sep 6, 2019
  20. (correct me if I'm wrong) but I thought Arabic was already a language being translated?

Posted Sep 6, 2019
    Hxmza likes this.