• 2301 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10739 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Trash can game (NANO)

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by DingusAmingus31, Dec 1, 2018.

?

Does this sound like a good idea?

Poll closed Dec 15, 2018.
  1. Yes

11 vote(s)
    91.7%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. I think about a game that you have unlimited trash (paper that regens) and you have to throw them in the trash can (cauldron) but the trash cans disappear randomly and some will appear randomly but if you miss and your trash gets on the ground then you lose a point throwing away trash successfully means you get 2 points!

Posted Dec 1, 2018
    ShewRadical likes this.
  2. This actually reminds me of just basketball. It is very different from your idea, but I think your idea sounds awesome! Maybe the plugin developers can consider this. :)

@Wiz_Techno

Posted Dec 1, 2018
    ShewRadical likes this.
  3. Wow! This sounds like a really fun game and I would love if it was implemented into the game <3.

Posted Dec 1, 2018
    ShewRadical likes this.
  4. Personally, I generally like this idea. It fits the mood of Nano Games, in which the games are simple, yet effective and fun to play. This is something I can definately get behind, as I am a fan of games that involve aiming/skill.

I would definately like to see this taken into consideration.

Posted Dec 1, 2018
  5. also this is not going to be a bow and arrow you will have to press q
    --- Post updated ---
    maybe a texture pack can be made for it too!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 1, 2018
    ShewRadical likes this.
  6. I could see there different versions of this like snowballs too. Overall I really like this idea.

Posted Dec 1, 2018
  7. I like this idea, it blends well with the random and crazy nature of most nano games.

Posted Dec 2, 2018
    kyc and ShewRadical like this.
  8. Hey!

This sounds like a great idea! It goes well with the calm and fun vibe of nano games. I think this would be great if it was implemented.
    Same!

Thanks for the post.
    -Animalll

Posted Dec 2, 2018
    ShewRadical likes this.
  9. Not sure about the texture pack part honestly, it may take a while for some people to load theirs in and it won't be much fun joining in the game late. This is something that I know I would face with my laptop.

Besides that, it seems like a very easy to comprehend game, don't really see any issues with it and it definitely seems like something I'd enjoy playing. Just one thing, around how much time would it last?

thread moved to new game discussion

Posted Dec 2, 2018
    ShewRadical likes this.
  10. Instead of having to press q the trash should be snowballs since those are throwable anyways. Other than that awesome idea (:

Posted Dec 2, 2018
    ShewRadical likes this.
  11. Ciao! Thanks for sharing your idea! I think this game could be very interesting!

Maybe there can be something that changes about the cauldron 0.5 seconds before it disappears so that people know it’s gonna change just before it changes. This will remove the amount of RNG within the game. (I was thinking that maybe the cauldron could be full of water right before it disappears.) I also believe that players should get 1 point for successfully throwing trash away and should lose 2 points for missing. This way, players that play risky can either be rewarded by quickly throwing lots of trash away, or can be punished by missing.

I hope I able to help you out! If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask! Thanks again, and good luck!

Posted Dec 2, 2018
    ShewRadical likes this.
  12. Hey there! It sounds like a great idea because I believe this will help me how to aim it perfectly in the right way. Although, I feel like it is a fun game because players can enjoy in the Nano games. However, if they miss the shot, then they should lose at least one point. Losing 2 points for missing is kind of a bit too much.

I believe that gaining the points for making through to the trash can determined the points. The perfect throw will worth at least 3 points which is the highest points the players can get. The great throw will get 2 points, and a good throw will have 1 point. Overall, these suggestion that I have will work, but that is a great new game idea for Nano games!

Posted Dec 2, 2018
  13. Heyo!
    From the sounds of it this seems like it would make a great addition to our Nano Games layout, I do however think the texture pack would be a major issue since not everyone can load server resource packs which would then crash people within' that game. I would be interested to know what map style you'd like to see done for this, or maybe even the basketball map they used awhile ago for Maverick since I was a huge fan of that map. I look forward to seeing what others have to think of this game/if you plan to change anything.

~Cheers

Posted Dec 2, 2018
  14. Seems pretty simple which is good. A game like this could easily fit in with the current rotation of Nano Games since it has a cool concept and doesn’t seem too complicated. Possibly we could alter it to where you won’t lose any points when you miss a throw, but at the same time having that addition makes it more challenging. Not sure on how I feel about a texture pack. No Nano Game should require a resource pack since for 1) players would need time for it to load before the game starts, and 2) this could possibly crash people’s computers if theirs can’t handle it. Pham’s idea seems pretty cool as well, with the different points system based off of your throws. A suggestion I have could be the game ends when a player reaches an amount of points, possibly 30-50 maybe? Other than that I think the game seems fun and I hope something like this can be implemented in the future! Have a good day.

Posted Dec 6, 2018
    ShewRadical likes this.
  15. This reminds me of many mobile games, where you have to produce a successful toss of trash maybe bouncing off surrounding walls or one straight shot against the winds from a fan. This would be a nice idea, could you add a more detailed description? I myself see many different methods that can be added and incorporated into this but I want to entirely see what you have for this idea. +1.

Posted Dec 28, 2018
  16. This could work, but if it was implemented, I think it should be just another challenge in Quick. Just my opinion though :).

Posted Jan 3, 2019
  17. I wouldn't mind this game being added just like everyone else due to it being simple and that it does fit the layout of Nano Games.

Posted Jan 3, 2019