• 958 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3537 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Treasure Chest Description Update

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Tilgorn, Dec 4, 2019.

?

Do you approve of this idea?

1. Yes

2. I Have Some Issues With It :(

3. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Hello everyone,

I have an idea for a new addition to each individual Treasure Chest description that I feel many players would find helpful.

Right now, the chest description gives you these things: The amount of the chest you own, a brief fun history/description of the chest, the cost of crafting said chest, and the 'Right-Click to purchase!' at the bottom. I think that we should add another part to that area that tells you whether or not the chest gives duplicate items when opening or not. I feel this would be extremely helpful to many players (including myself) because I get asked a decent amount by players whether or not a certain chest gives duplicate cosmetics. Also, I myself find myself wondering if certain chests give duplicates, especially seasonal chests that only come around once a year and/or are new. I think this message could be added below the price and above the 'Right-Click to purchase!' and would say either "This chest can give duplicate cosmetics." or "This chest cannot give duplicate cosmetics."

All in all, this addition would be very useful to the community and would let people have a better understanding of what they are spending their valuable shards on. Feel free to let me know what you think of it down below!

Thanks for reading :).

Posted Dec 4, 2019,
    Last edited Dec 4, 2019
    AyyNick, freddey, Oscaros_ and 5 others like this.
  2. Hey!
    Honestly, I think is would be a wonderful change to add to the chest GUI! I agree that this would definitely help with confusion as Mineplex does offer a wide array of chests. With such a large selection, I can be difficult to remember whether this chest gives duplicate items or not. I feel that this would definitely help with this as well as encourage more players to spend their shards on chests, knowing that they're guaranteed a new item. Overall, great idea; +1 from me.

Posted Dec 4, 2019
    Tilgorn likes this.
  3. Yeah, agreed. It would also be nice if there was some list somewhere for what cosmetics are included in holiday chests.

Posted Dec 4, 2019
    Mitchy, 510bike and Tilgorn like this.
  4. Hey!

I haven’t really found this to be an issue, but it would definitely be a good addition. I would also like to agree with @ClassN on his idea on addin a list of the cosmetics you can get for each chest. This would definitely help a lot of people as quite a few times I have been asked what rewards a seasonal chest gives you.

Posted Dec 4, 2019
    ClassN and Tilgorn like this.
  5. Hello,

I highly agree with what you're suggesting here, it would be helpful for new players who have just joined the server to understand what each treasure chest can give you and the ranking between what's the best and what's the worst chest. It could also be helpful if they were to add what rarities you can find in the chest and what percentages you have of getting that rarity or if they were season chests what percentage you have of getting a specific seasonal item. It could also be helpful for yourself or other staff members to have proper descriptions for the chests so they can effectively provide information to players that is precise and accurate.

Which adds me onto a possible add on we could have to this idea, we could add layers of the description of the chest with lines to break them. This description/lore could provide decent information about all the things I've stated above including the "special" things you could find in the chest so if it was for seasonal items it would provide what type of seasonal item they could gain for example it would have Gingerbread costume which would be something you could gain from that chest. In the description it could also have other information like what you've stated in the post like it's past or where the chest idea originated from.

I definitely support this idea so I'm going to have this suggestion as a +1

Happy suggesting,
    BlackConfig

Posted Dec 5, 2019
    Tilgorn likes this.
  6. Nice idea!
    I definitely think this would be helpful for newer players who are trying to decide which chests to buy. It will also help older players who already have most of the cosmetics, or for people who are trying to decide which holiday chest to buy.
    I don’t see any harm in adding the idea as well, it would be a nice QoL change.

I also agree with @ClassN ‘s suggestion. Just recently, I was having a hard time deciding which holiday chest to purchase. It would be nice to have a list of the cosmetics included in the current/future holiday chests.

Posted Dec 5, 2019
    Tilgorn likes this.
  7. This is a great idea! I see players ask about the difference between illuminated and mythical all the time. Adding a description would be helpful, as long as it’s made easy to see like a different font color.

I agree with ClassN’s suggestion as well but I think it should be shown that there’s a list when you click on the buy bulk option. Then when it shows the description in there, instead it could show the the list of cosmetics

+1 to both suggestions

Posted Dec 5, 2019
    Tilgorn and ClassN like this.
  8. This would be helpful to see. Although I and most other players know which chests give dupes and which ones don't, some new players that don't necessarily know what some chests are and what they do could find this addition helpful in navigating their way around the server. This wouldn't be hard to implement nor would it really be annoying to see as a little indicator on the bottom that says whether it contains dupes or not. I can see how it might be helpful to moderators such as yourself too since it would be less questions to answer from the community. +1.

Posted Dec 5, 2019
    Tilgorn likes this.
  9. Heya!

I definitely believe that this is an important thing to add. Some more information would be great, as well as adding some examples of what the rewards could be I think may be useful too. I feel if we add if they're going to be duplicated or not it will definitely help those newer players that are trying to win rarer things for their accounts!

+1

Posted Dec 5, 2019
    Tilgorn likes this.
  10. I totally agree with this idea. From new players to old ones who might have just forgotten, I think that this idea would be beneficial to really everyone on the server and it really can't hurt in any way. It could help them choose which chest they want to open and balance the risk of getting a duplicate with the cost that each chest is. I find myself that I get asked quite often what the difference is between some chests, so I think adding this in would be a really nice and effective way to show our players directly what it is.

Posted Dec 5, 2019
    Tilgorn likes this.
  11. I love this idea! I saw a thread the other day about treasure chests and thought to myself that the descriptions haven't been updated in a while... and then I saw this thread! I've personally only seen people ask about this a few times, but I'm sure as staff members this can be a common question to run in to. I don't see any downsides to this idea, and I think it would be a great Quality of Life update. As many others said, I agree with what ClassN said. It would be great to be provided with a list of possible cosmetics for players deciding whether or not to invest in holiday chests.

Posted Dec 7, 2019
    Tilgorn likes this.
  12. This is a very good idea because it would be very helpful, especially for new players. I don't see any cons. A very small QoL improvement but definitely worth implementing.

Posted Dec 7, 2019
    Tilgorn likes this.