• 406 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8844 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Treasure Hunt ~ The Deep Blue Sea

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by ATruePitato, Mar 30, 2019.

1. Heyo!

I was thinking of a game idea called Treasure Hunt ~ The Deep Blue Sea

Main goal;
    The main goal of Treasure Hunt ~ The Deep Blue Sea will be to find as many valuable ores / objects in the sea as possible. You'll be given about 7-10 minutes each game. Chests will be hidden around the ocean bottom floor, sunken ships, large rocks, coral reefs, etc. To be more obvious of what will be in chests there will be; diamond swords, emerald ores, paper / treasure maps, raw / cooked fish, diamond ores, iron ores, cobblestone, shovels, potions with water / other liquids, leather armor, diamond armor, iron armor, gold ores, gold armor, wood, etc. Players will have infinite oxygen underwater, so there's nothing to worry about. Adding on, players will be spawned on a large boat that can fit 24 players, which is the max amount of players, then the countdown will begin and you will have to dive into the sea.

Points;
    Diamond Sword; 20 points
    Emerald Ores; 25 points
    Paper / Treasure Maps; 10 points
    Raw / Cooked fish; 5 points
    Diamond Ores; 20 points
    Iron ores; 15 points
    Cobblestone; 2 points
    Shovels; 3 points
    Potions with water / other liquids; 15 points
    Leather armor; 5 points
    Diamond armor; 30 points
    Gold ores; 15 points
    Gold armor; 15 points
    Wood; 2 points

The player can find a maximum of 3 things in one chest...however 2 of those things are guaranteed not to be as valuable. A player can find about 4 diamond swords, 2 emerald ores, 6 paper / treasure maps, 5 raw / cooked fish, 2 diamond ores, 3 iron ores, 10 cobblestone, 7 shovels, 4 potions, 8 types of leather armor, 1 type of diamond armor, 4 gold ores, 2 types of gold armor, and 15 wood. This all depends on luck, however your highly unlikely to find a lot of valuable things.

Thank you for reading my thread / suggestion! :) I'd like to know what you guys think about this.

Posted Mar 30, 2019
  2. Hey I like where you're going with this, potato, however pretty sure if you mine underwater it makes you mine slower and also I think if players do play this game you should suggest turning up their brightness, since it is hard to see underwater.
    +1 from me!
    Thanks,
    ~DuvL_

Posted Mar 30, 2019
    OnceAnL_ and ATruePitato like this.
  3. Although it can be frustrating when you are not getting very valuable items, Mineplex's current state can be kickstarted with this game. Tryhards (and those in parties) dominate the so-called casual games, making it a nightmare for the non-competitive players. I think this can give casual players a new go-to game when they cannot enjoy anything else as there is still hope they can do well. If they are unable to win off of skill, spirit, and effort, they can from luck.

+1

Report a User | Report a Bug | Apply For Java Trainee | Rules| My Profile

Posted Mar 31, 2019
    ATruePitato likes this.
  4. Ah, yes, hopefully when you join the game you can have the brightness to the best settings for the game itself. Hopefully, for the mining thing, they can make it go faster underwater then usual! Also, thank you for your opinion!

Thank you for your opinion! Ah, yes, I don't mean this game to be competitive, thanks for noticing, haha.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 31, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  5. Now this is a cool idea :3 I like it :D

Posted Mar 31, 2019
    ATruePitato likes this.
  6. Never have been the biggest fan of games based on RNG. With that being said, I definitely envision this working more as a variation of Ores Ores Ores in Nano Games as opposed to being a game in and of itself.

Posted Mar 31, 2019
  7. This would be an interesting game that I could envision myself playing with a party of people! One concern that I would have is what @~DuvL_ mentioned previously that if it is underwater, the players will move a lot slower and it is quite dark under the water so maybe to counteract this, players can be squids or guardians that have the ability to move quickly in water (similar to squid shooter). The chests would also have to be spawned randomly accross the map as if it is not, players can easily remember where the chests are located with the more valuable items but that can easily be done. Overall, I am a big fan of this idea and I would love to see it be implemented as either a NANO game or a mixed arcade game! +1

Posted Apr 3, 2019
  8. Well what @~DuvL_ stated could be easily solved. We could just simply give the people speed potions or just auto-speed for going into the game. Maybe speed 1 for a fair amount to all players? Hopefully this could prevent any confusion.

Posted Apr 13, 2019
  9. Hey there!
    I think that this game idea is great and I also think that it’s a very unique idea as there is near to none games on mineplex that consist of being under water the whole time. Nice job!

Posted Apr 13, 2019
  10. I like what @Sven mentioned about being a Squid or Guardian to move more quickly in water and make the game go by much more quickly.

I think this game would be really fun! I like going around opening chests to see if I'm lucky.

A few things I'd like to know is, where will this game be played (NANO, Mixed Arcade, or its own game)? Can players attack each other and steal loot? I was thinking of maybe having players getting a pirate's hook (iron sword) and being able to kill players and steal their loot. To secure loot you would have to return to the surface and it'll be yours.

These are just some of my suggestions, but I really like this idea so it's a +1 from me!

Posted Apr 13, 2019