• 491 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2560 Players Online
  • 2069 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Turf Wars New Achievement Idea

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by cookiesdogsx, Mar 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I like the concept that you have, but it sounds like it is impossible for some of the players trying to complete one of the newest achievement. Since you did not have the name of the new achievement, I have one suggestion that I have from me. I will name “Greatest Survivor” because it means that they survive throughout the game without deaths. Although, the name of the achievement looks alright to me.

Overall, I don’t think it is possible to implement one new achievement, but that is still a great concept that you have. Keep up the great work!

Posted Mar 15, 2019
    cookiesdogsx likes this.
  2. Hi there!!

Firstly I want to address the idea and I too think it's awesome!! I think everyone has made some pretty amazing points to add, and I personally can see this being something implemented into the game. I really don't have any points to add, as I like what everyone has said and I definitely think this could work!!

Just want to address this quote - perhaps instead of having ONE achievement about not dying the whole game whilst killing a certain number of players, you split it and do something like this:

- Kill 15 Players in a single game (can be lower or higher depending) - this a super simple concept, and there currently isn't an achievement for killing players!! If 15 is too easy, it can always become 20 or so, and if 20 is much too hard, 10 may be more suitable. See, with this it's not about camping out but actually trying to get kills, this would prevent people from camping. Especially since you're allowed to die in this idea, no one is going to try and hide.

- Stand on player placed blocks the entirety of the game and win (very similar to the cake wars idea but could work for this game too!) - See, you can't place blocks in spawn, and you have to be STANDING on the blocks for this to count. This would make players feel more encouraged to be out in the open and not camping in spawn. Like the cake wars idea too, you'd have the first 'build time' to get yourself up on player placed blocks before the actual game starts - then from there out you must be on blocks. Obviously I realise that people can cover themselves with blocks, however, arrows can break blocks in this game, which would mean it would be harder to actually camp like this. Plus, you could always add a "and kill 4 players" just to make it that tiniest bit harder. I could see this working especially because, if you die, you cannot complete the achievement as you will no longer be standing on player placed blocks. It would be hard too, as people would try and break the blocks you're standing on, and if your turf is beginning to disappear, or gets down super low, you may have to move yourself in order to stay alive!! I get that it has some issues, but it would definitely encourage people to be out in the open and at least participating - as they need to win as well. Perhaps this idea might be a bit far fetched, but I think with a bit of tweaking it could be super interesting!!

Either way, your original idea is super lovely, and I would love to see it, or this split version if it's any good, implemented in some way!! My idea is kind of like a rough suggestion as well, and may not work, but it never hurts to suggest something!!

From yours lovely,
    Sarah | Luvli

Posted Mar 15, 2019
    cookiesdogsx likes this.
  3. That's actually pretty easy. Kill 5 then camp for the rest of the game.

Posted Mar 15, 2019
    cookiesdogsx likes this.
  4. Hi there!
    I don't really think people will think of it like that. It's more like try not to die, whilst also participating in the game. I don't think people will just get 5 kills then hide. But we could up the amount of kills to 10, which might help. :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 15, 2019
  5. This would be incredibly hard to do, especially for a player who's actually trying to contribute and not camp. My issues with it are:

1. It's really similar to cake wars and doesn't have much originality as an achievement. Additionally TF is a 1 hit you're dead game. While CW you can be hit multiple times and still stick the wool landing.

2. It's hard to shoot and move on blocks. Would also be impossible to pull off as infiltrator kit.
    --- Post updated ---
    That would be a bit better honestly. A bit more of a challenge itself.

Posted Mar 15, 2019
    leo_thya and cookiesdogsx like this.
  6. It could be simplified, however, it would make a pretty amazing challenge. It could even just be stand on only player placed blocks and win. - also many games have duplicated achievements, (like kill this many people or so) they don't always have to be completely original. But I totally see where you're coming from as well (: - you don't have to be infiltrator, there are other kits obviously, and it's very possible to hit people and move on blocks. It's what I used to do for a very long time!! :)

From yours lovely,
    Sarah | Luvli

Posted Mar 15, 2019
    cookiesdogsx likes this.
  7. Hi there!
    I actually really like that idea :) I agree that it would make a really good challenge and it would give people who love Turf Wars something to work towards.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 15, 2019
    Luvli likes this.
  8. But if you want an achievement that bases upon the game, you either want it aimed to only be done by one type of kit or all the kits. For how few kits there are in TF, It would be best if it was an achievement aimed to be done for all kits.
    --- Post updated ---
    Minecraft has always been a game about brutally stabbing and killing others so it makes sense why most are based around killing. I see your point though. However (to @cookiesdogsx as well), I think it'd be better to implement an achievement kit before we implement another achievement. Game Insights has some ideas on kits but it hasn't been completely decided on. If you would like to discuss some kit ideas or this achievement in general more in depth, I highly suggest you join the Mineplex GI discord by making an application here (www.mineplex.com/gi-app). I do like Cookie's idea on the 10 kills without dying though. Could be discussed more throughly in the next arcade update slot.

Posted Mar 15, 2019
    cookiesdogsx likes this.
  9. Go for it, girl!

Posted Mar 15, 2019
    cookiesdogsx likes this.
  10. Hello,
    I think this would be a good idea for an achievement kit. I am glad you added the 10 kill part to ensure they do not camp too much. In my opinion, this would make for a nice challenge to get the achievement. I always love to see and try new achievements, so keep up the great work! Thanks for the idea, its a +1 from me!

Posted Mar 15, 2019
    cookiesdogsx likes this.
  11. Hello!
    I personally think that the idea of your achievement would be a nice new edition to Turf Wars! The idea of not dying once could become a good challenge for the community, and having at least 10 kills would be a good way to keep them from just camping inside of spawn for example. Potentially with a few tweaks, this could become a good edition! Thanks for the idea :)

Posted Mar 15, 2019
    cookiesdogsx likes this.
  12. On behalf of Game Insights, I'm going to go ahead and deny this achievement idea due to it promoting a stalling / camping style of gamestyle as @leo_thya pointed out, also the fact that we don't really need another achievement before we introduce an actual achievement kit. If you have any questions, please feel free DM me

Posted Mar 22, 2019
    cookiesdogsx and xLeopard like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.