• 453 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6528 Players Online
  • 6075 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

turf wars strategies

Discussion in 'Classics' started by CYBERCOP123, Feb 5, 2022.

1. I play a lot of turf wars and seen everyone uses different strategies and I would like to use this forum to discuss all the unique and common strategies

Posted Feb 5, 2022
    Therealmcfry likes this.
  2. Spam blocks and shoot accurately. Just get gud there is no specific strategy.

Posted Feb 5, 2022
    NKSV and CYBERCOP123 like this.
  3. Yeah I don't really have a particular strategy, but I usually try and stay at the back and play from a distance, allows me to dodge easier and still be effective offensively.

Posted Feb 5, 2022
    CYBERCOP123 likes this.
  4. if i played right now i would be so bad and miss everyshot but after a few days of playing i get some hand memory and i can pop players left and right, i mostly just go in the open in the front and i can push the line back fast while my team is dying on repeat,

and the biggest is getting a good team
    its bad when i go 25 kills 0 deaths and were STILL losing LIKE HOW? like most games im the one winning

not much but thats how i play untill i rage quit because of my team its like they just downloaded MC for the first time and clicked on mineplex then trufwar

Posted Feb 5, 2022
  5. Heya! First of all I moved your thread to the Classics Section of the Bedrock Forums because based on your profile you're a Bedrock player, not a java player.

Second, hello! I'm the guy that's 3rd on the Turf Wars leaderboard, even though I haven't played in a while haha

I've been playing Turf since it was released basically, so I'd say I've got a few strategies down. Although with Turf it's perfectly okay not to play with a strategy because really all there is to the game is "shoot and don't get shot."

That being said here's a few of the strategies that I use just based off muscle memory.

Strafing and Double Jumping

This is my go-to because I've been doing it for so long I don't even think about it anymore. I rarely set up walls or anything, I just run around on the board and shoot. Double jumping it basically just placing blocks under you as you run, and on the board you can usually find me doing double or even triple jumps.

Pillars and Walls

I used to use this a lot years go, but I don't as much anymore. This is what I see a lot of players do, they build walls and try to stay behind them and shoot from "safety." A good archer can shoot through pillars and over walls, but the average Turf Player struggles with this from what I've seen. If you run into a Veteran Turf Player walls aren't going to do you any good haha

Distance Shooting

This is another strategy that the average Turf player tends to do. Stay in the back and make longer shots. I'm really good at long distance shooting, so when I'm having some trouble against the opposite team I'll back up and shoot from the middle of the board or ever the back. I try to stay up towards the Turf line though, which brings me to the next one.

Border Hopping and Rain Arrows

I really only see Veteran Turf Players doing this, but basically its just the Strafing strategy. No walls, just strafing and using the Turf border to bounce up and backwards and raining arrows on the other team. This is REALLY hard to do when you're starting out, and I ahve a lot of trouble with this too. I tend to bounce off the boarder and shoot once I land, just as an addition to my regulars strafing. Ever once in a while I'll get a Rain Arrow and it'll hype me up haha

There's definitly other strategies but these are the first few just off the top of my head. I also don't see Turf gettings a lot of attention so it's great to see a fellow Turf player on the forums! Awesome thread, I'm looking forward to seeing other responses! o/

Posted Feb 5, 2022
    CYBERCOP123, Mr. ZCross and aiirr like this.
  6. I'm assuming this is more directed toward Turf Wars on the Bedrock platform, however, Turf Wars was my all-time favorite game on Java. I've been playing this since I first joined the server and I've seen tons of different strategies used by other players. I personally always found getting a head-start by getting a kill or two right off the bat at the beginning of the game to be my favorite strategy, especially on maps where there were middle platforms. Since there's a huge advantage with border jumping on the Java platform, and utilizing these middle platforms with the bounce-back of the border made it a bit easier to get kills on those hiding behind walls.

Other than that I don't think I use any particular strategies while playing, though I've always been a fan of building a ton of random structures around the map since it gave me places to hide behind no matter where I was on the map. Especially since I try to play around the middle of the map, instead of up-front or long distance. Not very often do I see threads over Turf Wars so I'm looking forward to seeing some more strategies mentioned on this thread!

Posted Feb 6, 2022
    CYBERCOP123 likes this.
  7. I have a different strategy unlike the others, basically I build my Team a Wall at the starting point and once I'm done I create a tower defencing my pillar to Aim. It's kinda boring but it works out just fine for me.

Posted Feb 10, 2022
    CYBERCOP123 likes this.
  8. Get carried by turf mains... sweetenr carries me :)

Posted Feb 13, 2022
    CYBERCOP123 likes this.