• 594 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9032 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Two maps I've been working on

Discussion in 'Build Showcase' started by Depop, Jul 30, 2019.

1. So this is nothing more than just showing what I've built in my spare time.
    I used to build a lot afew years back but recently started again around a month ago!

Anyway all opinions are welcome, Would love to hear from as many people as possible

First map ( half built ) :
    https://imgur.com/a/bfYMVbD
    UPDATED SCREENSHOTS:
    https://imgur.com/a/mZUrloA
    Wanted to make a wizard type map, still haven't finished and not really too sure how to continue it.

Second map:
    https://imgur.com/a/OL7Itfh
    UPDATED SCREENSHOTS:
    https://imgur.com/a/wiqmf2P
    Small little upcoming town, was pretty fun to build but i wish i cleaned up the walls a little more.

Thanks for your time!
    Take it easy.

Posted Jul 30, 2019,
    Last edited Aug 10, 2019
    doeo likes this.
  2. I personally enjoy your wizard town a lot because i enjoy those types of themes. for that map maybe continue it by adding purple or pink glass swirls around the tower and the sky, and maybe add like one gigantic dead tree in an open space which you can maybe put lanterns hanging from the branches or make like and abandoned tree house of some sort. I also did enjoy your town map, I really liked the buildings because they were simple and didn't have too much detailing which i like a lot because if there is too much detail it kinda just hurts to look at.

Thank you for these two wonderful builds, I look forward to seeing more from you

Posted Jul 30, 2019
    Depop likes this.
  3. Good work mate! These maps both look outstanding. I get what you mean with the wizard map, it's like writer's block but for builders, it's super annoying... Noah made some good suggestions though!
    As for the second map, that is my personal favorite. I like the theme you have going on with that map. The wooden buildings look really good on the second map too!
    My feedback for the second map is to add some more colour, something that makes it pop and stand out. Depending on if you want to submit this to Mineplex and for what game mode depends on how you style it!
    Keep up the good builds :)

Posted Jul 30, 2019
    Depop likes this.
  4. Thanks brother! Those are actually some real good ideas, Actually making me wanna work on it again aha!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 30, 2019
  5. Your builds are amazing! I really appreciate the amount of time and detail you put into these builds. My personal favourite is the little town because I like the location you built surrounding it and the small details of the houses. I believe that these maps are Mineplex-level quality and if you submit your builds to Mineplex, there is a good chance the server would use your maps for games or you might even be able to become a Builder. Keep up the great work!

Posted Jul 30, 2019
    Depop likes this.
  6. Thanks man! I really didn't expect to get this many kind words. Kinda blew me away to be honest. Once i've finished them i'll be sure to apply/ submit the maps! Once again, thank you so much!
    --- Post updated ---
    Thanks man! I really didn't expect to get this many kind words. Kinda blew me away to be honest. Once i've finished them i'll be sure to apply/ submit the maps! Once again, thank you so much!

OP OP
  7. Herro!

I personally cannot build to save my life, but I love both of these! The first map could certainly use some touchups, but seeing as it's not finished yet I won't comment on that department, especially because I'm not a builder. I like the aesthetic that you've got going, so keep it up!

As for the second map, I really like it! It seems very polished and nice, with a lot of attention to detail. The houses with the cliffs surrounding them really look nice, and it reminds me of when I went to the mountains as a kid. Something I feel this build is missing is personality on the cliffs themselves. While I like what they look like, I feel like maybe some block variation other than just some holes scattered in them could go a long way. That's just my person opinion, but the current ones look kind of bland to me.

Posted Jul 30, 2019
    Depop likes this.
  8. Heyo,

I’ll side with @n8wes when I say I can’t build at all, most I can build is a mediocre looking house but you have a real talent my friend. The first map almost has a capture the flag vibe to it (Mineplex doesn’t currently have a CTF game but I’ve played them on other servers) and the town looks really good, it’s simple yet diverse in so many ways. Great job and I hope you have a good day!

Posted Jul 30, 2019
    Depop likes this.

9. These are currently the walls!
    https://imgur.com/a/XU68AIe

Added diorite, and patches of grass with some added leaves for an over grow texture, this is still in a really rough stage i just finished and want to polish it up to blend in more! I'm also thinking about adding a few mineshaft entrances inside the mountains! But so far i'm not working it on it as much as i should be. thank you for your nice words! Honestly they mean alot.

OP OP
  10. Those builds you made look fantastic! I'm bad at building so it blows me away to see other members in the community build like that. You have a lot of talent, keep it up! :)

Posted Aug 2, 2019
    Depop likes this.
  11. Both builds look great (even if the first one isn't finished yet), but the town definitely catches my eye. Certainly seems like a cozy little town, and the smaller details like the benches and tables are a nice touch. Also, the waterfall is awesome; flowing water is just one of those things that looks good with almost anything. Something that might be worth changing are the mountain tops (for the lack of a better term). They all appear to be the same size, so making some smaller or shorter could make it more diverse. Or perhaps add a few trees around the edge.

Posted Aug 9, 2019
  12. Both look amazing, however I would recommend adding some stuff in the empty space if that's the part you're not finished with. Other than that everything looks amazing and you're a great builder!

Posted Aug 9, 2019
    Depop likes this.
  13. For your first map, I noticed a severe lack of block variety in your wizard tower. If you were trying to make it a part of the terrain, it'd be a really cool idea, but there's a missed opportunity for some serious diversity in your terrain. Grass could be gravel,coarse dirt and grass. Dirt could be mixed in with brown terracotta for a clay kinda texture

It's hard to tell how much of your second build is yours, and not the sweet effect of shaders. Overall, got a good start for each of these

Posted Aug 9, 2019
  14. Here's some updated screenshots!
    https://imgur.com/a/weAN3CN
    Some mountain's are different, But most are the same like you said! Currently been working on the Wizard one alittle more.
    I'll start working on those mountains when i get the will power!
    Thank you so much for your kind words, it really does mean alot.
    take it easy
    --- Post updated ---
    Here's some updated screenshots on the first map
    https://imgur.com/a/mZUrloA
    The theme i was going for was having one side plagued, Dead trees. very bare and no form of new wildlife.
    And the other as filled with nature like it's been reclaimed by magic, overgrown trees, Bushes, Filled with life.
    I still need to add some more details to the towers! Some bushes hanging off, maybe a hole or two broken in on the plagued island tower. I'll take on board what you said though! However since i'm building in 1.8.9 Terracotta isn't in the game yet aswell as pathblocks, and some textures are pretty messy and don't really match with the other blocks i've used, Non the less i'll try spice things up! thanks for your suggestions brother!
    take it easy.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 10, 2019
    OakStairs likes this.