• 1038 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10474 Players Online
  • 9436 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

UHC Changes

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by Disgruntle, Feb 15, 2021.

1. As someone with 200 UHC games played, I've realised over time that there are some improvements that can be made to ensure the survival of the game since it's lost players and for some people has become unplayable. Anyway feel free to leave some feedback, none of these are bug fix suggestions since they're the current features are all intended but I'd like to propose some changes.
    • Stop ores from spawning after the block has been mined to prevent people from suffocating inside a block or being displaced - people have been forced into 1x1 holes when an ore spawns in their head or into lava and it's out of their control.
    • Make it so that ores can't spawn in place of other ores (for example a gold ore can't just suddenly change to diamond), and they can only spawn in place of stone, andesite, diorite or equivalent blocks.
    • Reduce required player count to start a game to 30 players (currently at 40) since the game struggles to reach 40 at US times and struggles to even reach 30 at EU times. Still a sensible amount and allows for more games to start for EU players. I had this idea a while ago although the game was still starting back then and have seen such threads since - fairly soon it looks as though games may struggle to start at all so it may be better to reduce the required player count before then. It wouldn't be admitting to any sort of failure in the game to do so, instead, it allows for more opportunity for people to play UHC at a time that suits them rather than being forced to stay up later to play.
    • Provide all players with a tracking compass as opposed to the current eye of ender used to track players, in the same way, that there was one in the old UHC. The eye of ender is often unreliable and may take players to teams they wouldn't want to go for. In addition, the eye of ender is slow and lags behind the player when they're sprinting, also it is possible that it runs out of charge before it even reaches a player. Due to the unreliability of the current tracking system, adding a tracking compass would give players less of an incentive to use tracers or other forms of ghost clients to find players, which is, unfortunately, an issue in the current UHC.
    • Due to the size of a UHC game, begin the countdown timer until the game starts (20 seconds long) at 30 players and don't restart the timer if players leave - keep the timer going after it hits 30 even if it falls a little after. Whilst this may be controversial because it's not the nature of the way games start on Mineplex, UHC is a unique game size and people hub and rejoin repetitively to stop the game from starting. It becomes frustrating for players in the lobby and often prevents games from starting.
    • Re-add horses and saddles/horse armour as loot from chests found in spawners. It would make the game far more interesting and allow for different playstyles since bows are hardly used in the new UHC, whereas with horses being around, players would have more movement while using a bow. It would hopefully bring back more OG UHC players too.
    Thanks for reading and I look forward to receiving any feedback that anyone may have :)

Posted Feb 15, 2021
  2. Heya Disgruntle!
    I miss playing UHC, but still consider myself a professional at the knowledge of the game. I can help to leave feedback, but I agree with mostly everything!
    - Ores suffocating players out of random spawning is an issue and causing players to unfairly potentially lose the game. It can be fixed by not spawning in the air between blocks, but rather just replace blocks instead.
    - Ores spawning in place of other blocks, like you said gold to diamond, could be very helpful to some players. It then kind of ruins it if vice versa. I believe random ores should just spawn from normal stone, to make the game more even and not mislead the player
    - Recently, and honestly can be for a while after UHC came out, player count has been limited. Considering time zones, players have their own schedule and are not online same times other players are. Making the player count 30 instead of 40 can help, but unsure if that should be taken into account. The other "bugs" I would say are in far much demand then a reduce, even though it could help.
    - Yes! As much as it has been requested, it has been denied. It's really important to have the tracking compass, and I also prefer it rather than the eye of ender as it isn't too accurate. It was in the old UHC, why not have it back right? I hope to see that come perhaps one day.
    - I believe this is an issue I have seen many times, and can be punished depending on the staff about the player trolling to not have the game start. It would be nice, but since it is a punishable offense, I don't see this being implemented so soon.
    - Yeah this is a great choice to make and have horses back. Same goes for the tracking compass, it was in the old UHC, it might as well stay haha. It makes the game more intriguing and a different play style to make UHC more competitive for players. I am not the best with a bow on a horse, but there a many people who are skilled!
    Thanks for suggesting, good luck with your post.
    Hope to see more feedback!
    <3

Posted Feb 17, 2021
    CraftyAditya674, Z0RW and Disgruntle like this.
  3. With the amount of closet cheaters,xrayers/tracer users on UHC and teamers, having the compass would be the best chance for me especially since I get targeted more than anyone in uhc to actually enjoy it. I agree with everything you said and I just wanted to add that bows should be increased with damage, potions should be either removed or buffed because right now the only useful potion is speed. And possibly enable fire and flame back into mineplex.

Hope to see more feedback :D

Posted Feb 18, 2021
    Disgruntle likes this.
  4. Maybe Mineplex could also get rid of the enchanting tower. Its too OP in my opinion.

Posted Feb 18, 2021
    Disgruntle likes this.
  5. From having 146 wins I'm telling you it's the only reason some people go to surface and it enables games to finish quicker. Keeping enchant tower is fine.

Posted Feb 18, 2021
    Disgruntle likes this.
  6. Ah, makes sense. I don’t play UHC, but the few times I have it seems like the Ench Tower just gives the players that are already stacked even more monopoly.

Posted Feb 18, 2021
    Disgruntle likes this.
  7. -Regarding the enchantment tower, i completely agree with euhn and formulated it very well.
    -However, for the compass tracker i have to disagree with the reasons given. It is true that the eye of ender can be perceived as "laggy/buggy" sometimes, but it will most definitely not stop the tracers/people on ghost clients. If anything the compass will make it so it will be less hard to catch those cheaters. While it is true that we, legit players, will have more knowledge of their whereabouts as well, it is an easy cover up for the people cheating. They will just trace to you and say they saw it on their compass. I do so see positive things of it but im basically saying it'll be tougher to catch the cheaters who use tracers.
    -Horses could be a nice addition, could switch up the meta +1
    -Personally, I would like to see the potions becoming more useful for the game again as well as bringing back fire/flame (possibly fire/flame for sg too?) +1 euhn there as well

Posted Feb 18, 2021
    Disgruntle likes this.
  8. what’s the difference if they still will go on alts and target. And it’s not like any of them have been banned for tracing. Additionally, u team w them so u know that the only counter would be a legit player knowing that closet cheaters are coming.

Posted Feb 18, 2021
    Disgruntle likes this.
  9. While all of that is true, the current tracking system is so unreliable to the point where people feel they have to use tracers to see where players are, at least with a tracking compass, legit players would have more of a chance in knowing where people using tracers are. I get the point about it being a cover-up for cheaters because it probably would be, but overall it brings more benefits to the game for legit players since there would be less of a need to use tracers. It's more important (in my opinion) that the game mechanics are shifted in favour of helping legit players combat cheaters than keep the tracking system fairly limited so that it's easier to tell when someone's using tracers or not. Even with the current system, cheaters can hide that they're tracing by just following the eye even if they know exactly where the person is that they're going for, but a tracking compass would just be far more reliable. I still stand by the idea that a compass would be so much more beneficial to the game than an eye of ender, and is quite possibly easier to understand for newer players.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 18, 2021
    Ryan9116, Crimson, Buffs and 3 others like this.
  10. Also please remove enchant towers and potion brewing towers. Although this may be a way to get people grouped together, teams end up getting insanely OP because of these spawning. I genuinely have never used these before because it just does not feel like UHC. I know this is a game alternation thread but mods need to moderate this game, like how in the world am I being found at literally y8, people mine out really good gear just to get rayed on. Anyhow, I agree with the rest of your points as I've only played some UHC (not a lot) and have seen these issues too.

Posted Feb 18, 2021
  11. yeah
    yeah

Posted Feb 19, 2021
  12. As a leaderboards player myself i agree with the stuff my fella friend Disgruntle mentioned in his post. Great work james!

Posted Feb 19, 2021
  13. +1, 100% agreed, very smart !

Posted Feb 19, 2021
  14. I couldn't agree more with this post! +1

Posted Feb 19, 2021
    Crimson, Buffs, WaynePlayz and 5 others like this.
  15. As a yearly leaderboards player on UHC, I agree uhc could be improved by doing at least some of the stuff that has been mentioned in this post.

Posted Feb 19, 2021
  16. HCY

HCY

Disgruntle has a lot of UHC experience clearly so I think we should listen to what he has to say. Great thread overall and I love the ideas put forward! Massive +1 from me, as someone with 16 UHC wins to date.

Posted Feb 19, 2021
  17. I understand your points although teams don't generally become OP from using the enchantment tower. For most players, it's not a first go-to choice, it's actually just an alternative to making your own enchantment table in the beginning of the game. It's useful if you can't find cane or leather, because depending on where you spawn and who you spawn next to, you may not always be able to get cane to begin with. That way having the enchantment tower makes the game less luck-based and there are viable strategies for ensuring that you reach the tower when it first spawns before other teams. It's not game-breaking in my opinion, if anything it balances the game.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 20, 2021
    Ryan9116, Crimson, Buffs and 3 others like this.
    • I assume this is a measure to prevent x-raying and definitely support it getting changed. I feel like if a block has been mined any stone block within a direct 1-block radius, but not the actual block, should turn into an ore instead. That way you can still see it and will not suffocate.
    • Yes
    • Yes again. 25-30 for it to at least start counting down, but the cap can be kept at what it is right now
    • Although a compass is used in every other game, I do enjoy the idea of the eye of ender and would rather keep it that way. The issues should be fixed rather than the mechanic being completely removed.
    • Yes
    • Yes again. I really loved this feature although some considered it overpowered. There are ways to balance the game, for example the chance of finding horse armour could be decreased, make diamond horse armour not in the game at all, etcetc. Definitely not my concrete ideas but just random ideas sprinkled around in an attempt to steer up different ways to balance the feature.

Posted Feb 22, 2021
  18. HCY

HCY

The suggestion about bringing back the tracking compass isn't entirely related to the bugs with the eye of ender, the biggest issues with it can't be fixed by keeping it how it is currently. We're suggesting it as an anti-tracing measure as well so that players can know how far others are from them as opposed to an eye of ender which just points in the horizontal direction of the players coordinates. I'm not sure if you've played much UHC but the eye of ender just doesn't work and if anything encourages people to use tracers.

Posted Feb 22, 2021
  19. I have played UHC but I see what you mean now, that makes more sense. Personally I haven't run into that many problems with it (but that's probably because I'm not really one to be aggressive or search for players in the game anyways), but I understand how it encourages tracers as it's not as reliable as the tracking compass

Posted Feb 22, 2021