• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3398 Players Online
  • 3398 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

UHC Remastered! (08/20/2020)

Discussion in 'Update Changelogs' started by EmmaLie, Aug 20, 2020.

1. I said I would reply to this in the MPD, and I'm going to say here that I disagree with most of them, although I am open to feedback here and I would love to discuss this further.

This was one I've seen a lot. The reason for this coming from the leadership team is "Preventing toxicity and ghosting in a game where things can become frustrating and toxic"
    which I 100% agree with, although I personally disagree with having no public chat. It can be moderated, and you could say this for every chat on Mineplex, and I don't think this is a good reason to turn off the chat altogether. Dean said him and mopple would consider this in the future, and possibly make some changes here.
    I don't see any issues with this to be honest. If you really want to spectate, just live stream it on discord. Prevents ghosting, and keeps the game fair.

I haven't experienced this at all, so maybe it's just you or maybe I just haven't noticed it. I don't really have much to comment on here.
    This was actually just changed yesterday, and before you couldn't even find an animal. You're not the only one who said this, so I am sure this might be turned down in the next hot fix.
    I think it's a perfect size. I do think it's on the smaller side, however I really enjoy it. It's at the point where you aren't on top of people, but you also aren't searching for people after PvP starts.
    Not sure what you mean by this. This is the first time I am hearing this, and I don't think I have experienced anything that's weird about it.
    This is our Anti-X-ray. They spawn around you, so x-rayers can't just mine directly to a diamond they see far away. I like this, and although it's different, I don't see much of an issue here.
    I'm not sure how this ruins "Mining and competitiveness". They spawn in on day 3. Most people are done mining by mid day 2. I'm not sure how many games you have played, although in the 15 games I've either played or spectated, I haven't seen this at all. I think this is perfect, and is actually kind of cool and creative.
    Brewing stands don't spawn in until later game as well, and potions aren't the most common thing to come across either. I find this a very cool aspect of the game, and it seems to me as you just don't want any different aspects to the game. We tried making this game different and unique, while also preserving that "vanilla UHC" feel to the game. I think this is an awesome way to do it, and I love how plants drop the items and ingredients used to brew potions.
    Although you may think these changes you said are best, our CoM and Leadership team really took what killed the original UHC into consideration, and how we prevent that from happening. They also really didn't change "every aspect" of the game. It's still UHC. It's still very similar to it.

Posted Aug 22, 2020
    jis and Young_Inventor like this.
  2. If y’all are taking community suggestions this way bring CS back next pls

Posted Aug 22, 2020
  3. Thanks for bringing this awesome game back! I'm loving it.

Posted Aug 22, 2020
  4. Time to break my sleep schedule

Posted Aug 22, 2020
  5. Back in 2015-2016, whenever it was, I was in UHC Game Insights. I played hundreds of games of UHC back then, and always tried to help give things that would improve it. How they reimplemented UHC, in my opinion, is terrible. I don't think you know what really killed UHC. The game was terribly optimized. It would lag for the first 10 minutes of the game, unable to even mine. Their scattering system was terrible which would lag the entire server. Also, the copious amounts of bugs that the game had made it nearly unplayable. Months and months of lag and bugs that were never fixed. No updates, no fixes, nothing. Being on Game Insights, I could tell UHC was not their priority. We gave many suggestions on how to fix UHC, and how to actually make it a greatest game it could be. But they had other games to focus on, which I understand, but ruined an entire community because of the neglect. That is why Mineplex UHC died. The gameplay itself after that was great. That's why people stayed for so long. Getting past all the lag and bugs, people loved how Mineplex UHC was. The way it was played. And while they have completely revamped UHC, it was in the wrong direction. They removed the aspect that the players loved.

Posted Aug 22, 2020
  6. 100% this is my favorite update of this year! I never was interested in UHC back when I was around 10 years old, most likely due to my bad patience. Now that it’s back (and I’m a lot more patient) it’s been a whole lot of fun! I love being able to finally learn how to play this amazing game. Thank you devs!!! <3

Posted Aug 23, 2020
  7. I believe Mineplex splitting UHC into 4 different modes is what killed it off, though the neglect the mode received didn't help the situation. I do agree old Mineplex UHC was fun, but I think having some extra things to make the game more interesting doesn't hurt.

Posted Aug 23, 2020
  8. I really like how a lot of people are complaining about some stuff that isn't "usual" to this remastered version. Well you know what, I play on Mineplex for a reason: because they like experimenting with stuff that hasn't been done before.

I like the way you have events and even would enjoy more events being added in the future.
    I like the way you can gather ingredients to make potions.
    I really like the map size, it's perfect in my eyes (we don't need a 1000000x1000000 map).
    I just like everything about it really.

So yeah, it's not your regular UHC experience but what they tried to make is definitely awesome in my eyes!

Posted Aug 24, 2020
  9. Really glad that Mineplex remastered the popular UHC gamemode and I love the unique twists that the development team put on the game. It definitely has it's Mineplex feel to it now, and I hope y'all enjoy it.

Posted Aug 24, 2020
  10. Super excited to see this game return! I've only gotten to play one game so far and I was blown up by a creeper while trying to answer someone's question (this was on the day of release at 3am), but I'm looking forward to playing more soon. I love how it's remastered and we're not going to have the same problems we did back on the day, specifically XRay, which makes our lives a lot easier. Even then, I didn't get much of a chance to give the game the appreciation it deserved so I'm happy to have the chance to do so now! Hope everyone's enjoying it so far :)

Posted Aug 24, 2020
  11. can youll get Uhc to Bedrock pls I have been wanting to play Uhc for ever and since I am on Bedrock I cant play this

Posted Aug 27, 2020
  12. Yas super excited to play some more :D Also can’t wait for some potential new events!!

Posted Aug 27, 2020
  13. Wooooo! UHC was always one of my favorite gamemodes and I am beyond ecstatic that it has made a return. Love to see these updates by our staff team and feedback from the community! :)

Posted Aug 29, 2020
  14. Amazing

Posted Sep 7, 2020
    Ryan9116 and Gil-galad like this.
  15. I didn't play that much of UHC when it was in the network in previous years but I'm excited to definately get to the more competitive side of minecraft now that it's back and I'll definately be sure to be excited for my first game back!

- Sake

Posted Sep 7, 2020
  16. im a bedrock player but this is pretty cash money ngl

Posted Sep 7, 2020
  17. I won't lie. I love this! I made a thread about UHC for bedrock so.. hopefully it will be here as well.

Posted Sep 17, 2020