• 389 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6251 Players Online
  • 5862 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

ultra hard core starting amount

Discussion in 'Combat Games' started by axrie, May 14, 2021.

1. I believe the starting player count for UHC should definitely be lower. 40 is way out of Mineplex’s league for how many players it gets on average daily. If it was lowered to 20 players, so many more games would start and it might even attract more players to Mineplex. Personally, the only reason I get on Mineplex anymore is to see if any ultra hard cores are starting. Dulciloquy made a point that it would turn into a prolonged SG. That may be true, although It shouldn’t be seen as a bad thing. UHC wins shouldn’t be something that no one can get anymore, that would leave the top UHC leaderboard players there forever. I feel like even if the games were shorter and the wins were easier it would still be a fun game to play. 40 players in one UHC lobby often got crowded anyways, I would always get my iron stolen. Even when UHC’s do start nowadays, the lobbies only fill because people join to help the games start, then they leave. Only about 20 people actually end up playing the game anyways, so why not change the starting amount? If it were to cause a problem, you could always change it back to 40. Although you might as well remove the game at that point, because none will ever start. If 20 seems too low for ultra hard core, even 26 or 30 would still make it easier for them to start. I’ve been in many lobbies in the past month that have gotten 20-30 players but couldn’t get the last few Mineplexians to start in time.

Posted May 14, 2021
  2. i agree with this completely, i miss ultra hard core and i think lowering the player amount needed to start a game is the best option to bring the game mode back.

Posted May 14, 2021
    heatherr and axrie like this.
  3. alex just needs to announce a uhc for it to start lmao

Posted May 14, 2021
    heatherr likes this.
  4. I think a better option would be reducing the amount of times that the game starts. Once an hour is far too much. I would say once every 3 hours on Fri/Sat/Sun would be a better option than reducing the start amount. You mentioned a lot of people leave when the game starts anyway, and if more than a few leave, you'd be at like 10-15 which is really not a UHC. You also mentioned your iron would get stolen, but the border was created with a 40-80 person limit in mind, so even if the start limit was reduced, the border would also probably be reduced. Competing for resources is part of UHC, you're not meant to be completely isolated until you want to fight.

Overall, as I said in the MPD, I don't think reducing start amount is the right way to go about making UHC playable again.

Posted May 14, 2021
  5. I feel as though this isn't the case. UHC could be touched up a bit to scale up or down all these little factors that come into play when messing with the game's player count, like the border size, ore spawn rate, etc. I also don't believe that isolating the game from the rest of the network until the weekend comes is a great idea either, as not many people play it already, and those who currently do will probably just stop caring because they probably won't be able to make it on weekends or quit because not only is the game not filling up, but they also have to wait a week or so in order to join one.

TLDR; UHC's gameplay could be auto-scaled by player count with the use of development. Making the game only happen on weekends will just kill it more and it won't make it more 'special', since some players have already made their mind up on how they don't like it and I don't think they'll give it a second try.

Posted May 14, 2021
    axrie likes this.
  6. fax how tf is a 40 player uhc supposed to start when mineplex average player count is 300 and 250 of them only play cake wars

Posted May 14, 2021
    axrie likes this.
  7. YOOOOOO WTFF

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 14, 2021
  8. I disagree w this, I really don’t think many people would make their weekend plans revolve around Mineplex. And what makes you think that only having it every 3 hours on 3 days of the week will get it to start? In the past 2 months i believe only 3 or 4 uhcs have started. It should be open for whoever wants to play whenever, or else it would just get frustrating.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 14, 2021
  9. Hi
    I’ve personally only played a few games of UHC, so I’m not qualified to judge how these alterations would impact the game. However, I definitely agree alterations should be made to account for the fact that there really aren’t enough players to support regular gameplay. Whether this is lowering the needed player count to start, or by changing the regularity of the games, as long as the UHC community agrees and likes the changes, I am all for these suggestions.

Posted May 14, 2021
    axrie likes this.
  10. +1
    I agree!

Posted May 18, 2021