• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5097 Players Online
  • 5097 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Unban lunar client

Discussion in 'Forum Discussion' started by 476cps, Feb 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey i use lunar client and it wont lemme play anymore and i just recommend adding it back since lots of people use lunar

Posted Feb 8, 2021
  2. Hey there!

I understand where you're coming from, but it's definitely not something that's going to happen for a while unless something major changes. The issue with Lunar is that it interferes with Mineplex's resident anticheat, GWEN. The decision to ban it wasn't taken lightly, since people definitely use it a lot, and there has been quite a bit of backlash for it, but it's still something that needs to be done.

Other servers have made rules for it, as well, such as Hypixel essentially saying "use at your own risk" because of the way it gets flagged by anticheat.

You're welcome to use any of our other approved mods/clients, though! (https://www.mineplex.com/rules/#wwwMpTabs-4; see the bottom of the page)

Hope that helps you understand better.

Posted Feb 8, 2021
  3. There is a thread regarding Lunar Status - to summarise, it became unapproved as Lunar introduces some non-vanilla mechanics which interfere with GWEN - one example is backward sprinting. I'm sure you could see how false flags could arise so after some discussion with Lunar's developers it has been decided to disallow it until it is fixed from Lunar's side.

Discussions with Lunar's developers are ongoing but it doesn't seem like any change has been brought forward. Therefore, it will be disallowed until further notice

Posted Feb 8, 2021
    Printiel likes this.
  4. Posted Feb 8, 2021,
    Last edited Feb 8, 2021
    Printiel likes this.
  5. It's not an us thing:
    [​IMG]

Lunar would need to fix their issues prior to us allowing it again.

Thread Locked.

Posted Feb 8, 2021,
    Last edited by a Moderator Feb 8, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.