• 1610 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10053 Players Online
  • 8443 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Unfair Punishments

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Xentosa, Sep 25, 2020.

?

Do you feel as if posting a phone number should be a perm mute?

1. Yes

27.3%
  2. No

27.3%
  3. Depends on the situation

45.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG] [​IMG]

I would like to make this clear. I am aware some punishments may be out of these basic topics but regardless there is no where stating that giving a phone number is permanently mutable. There was no warning issued and no chance for appeal either because it was simply denied. I have a perm ban on my account for a link I clicked as a child while trying to join a party. That is one reason why I can't appeal. I was unware of the rule and given a punishment which seems highly unfair due to the circumstances. No one was harmed or offended and I now understand the rule but silencing me from the community forever seems highly unreasonable. Without a doubt there are many kids who play on this server who may not know and it just seems unreasonable to have this as a perm mute. I have spend a good bit of money on this server just to be silenced and I guarantee if I requested a refund it would be denied and it basically feels like a scam. I would like to further discuss with someone of higher power or communicate voice to voice and get this figured out. This is very upsetting and honestly very disappointing. I want this server to be a better community and full of joy and happiness and things like this make it hard for the community to bounce back and be forgiving for their wrongs.

Posted Sep 25, 2020
  2. Unfairly Muted

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 25, 2020
  3. yep if you try to do a chargeback it's a perm ban as far as I know. I've had dozens of false punishments so I know what it feels like to get screwed over like that. I've never been perm muted though; all I can say is that perm mutes should be given in very very specific cases where a consistent amount of behavior is given. Doing something once doesn't define whether you can learn from it in the future. I see why they want to do this to people for giving out information but I 100% agree it is taken too far when an appeal is denied for a mute that is indefinite. If you did it again, I would see why, but imo, you should be given a second chance.

But don't expect Mineplex to have that sort of logic

Posted Sep 25, 2020
    OptimusRatchet and Anna-Marie like this.
  4. I think it should be a perm mute, but if you appeal and honestly won't do it again, I would definitely forgive that.

Posted Sep 25, 2020
    Kiro and Paladise like this.
  5. Yeah I understand you I am in the same situation as you. They wouldn't let me appeal because of one mistake. The rules don't state it well and I had no idea but I am still perm muted.

Posted Sep 25, 2020
    Anna-Marie likes this.
  6. I did appeal and I have 2 perm bans on record one for a misclick on a link when I was 13 and another for a username. I feel like this makes kids vulnerable,

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 25, 2020
  7. I mean I don't this any one was harmed. I would get more heated if I was playing cake wars and someone flies to my island and ruins the game for me. Than someone saying a phone number in chat.

Posted Sep 25, 2020
    mab8400 likes this.
  8. Hi there!

As someone has suggested above, you may always appeal at Mineplex.com/appeals if you feel you were unfairly punished, but make sure you understand your actions and the seriousness of them. A way you can familiarize yourself with the expectations as far as the rules are concerned for in-game conduct (or any other Mineplex official platform) is by reading over the rules, which can be found at Mineplex.com/rules. Posting any form of a valid phone number in chat is considered Revealing Personal Information, a severity four chat offense. In the in-game rules itself, it states that "Giving out information that can Identify someone in real life" is punishable under Revealing Personal Information.

Posted Sep 25, 2020,
    Last edited Sep 25, 2020
    Mitsoko likes this.
  9. I already appealed and we got no where. I understand the severity of it, but I was not AWARE of the rules. I understand now of the rules. I don't think it is fair for someone not knowing the rules to get permeant muted. I understand a punishment. Forever is too long to wait and I feel as it should be shorted for first time offense of reveling personal information.

Posted Sep 25, 2020
    Amg_ likes this.
  10. Moving forward, I would suggest reading over the Official Appeals Guide, which can be found here. Do keep in mind that all permanent punishments that are applied fairly, allows the player to appeal up to three times. You may appeal again and try to get the permanent mute revoked.

Posted Sep 25, 2020
    Mitsoko, Paladise and Dulciloquy like this.
  11. Coming from a former appeals team member here, first step is to always admit guilt when you’ve broken a rule. You saying you “didn’t know you broke a rule” does not automatically mean you didn’t break a rule. Always look at the rules before appealing so you can understand the context behind your punishment. You saying you didn’t break a rule in your appeal likely lead to it being denied because you don’t understand the wrong behind what you did.

Posted Sep 26, 2020
  12. Hi there,

You are looking at Mineplex's general rules. You can find more detailed rules if you click in-game rules.
    [​IMG]
    As you can see, giving out personal information is a severity 4 offense meaning you won't receive a warning before being permanently muted. As mentioned above the T&Cs state that all sales are final and no refunds are offered.

I don't understand what you mean by not being able to appeal. If you appealed 3 times before then you won't be able to appeal as you've reached the limit or is it the time limit before you can appeal again? I understand that it's disappointing but that's why it's very important to read all the rules not just the general ones. Unfortunately, not knowing the rules doesn't mean they aren't there. If you ever manage to get back on the server hopefully you will have learned from your mistakes and will be more cautious.

Good luck
    -MC Minium

Posted Sep 26, 2020
    Believerc and Amg_ like this.
  13. Rules exist for a reason, and if you break them, you are appropriately punished. The rules, as shown by @MC_Minium, show that giving out any form of personal information is not allowed, and it results in an instant permanent mute if you break that rule. It is your responsibility, as a player, to be familiar with rules like this and employ common sense in the regard that even if the rule is not explicitly given or stated, it is not appropriate to give out information on the internet in that manner. However, mistakes happen, we all make them, and the appeals system exists for that very reason. You have the right to appeal the punishment up to 3 times, so if you have been denied once, you will be given a certain amount of time before you may appeal again. Please make sure you follow the Punishment Appeal Guide, found at https://www.mineplex.com/appeal-guide/, as appealing incorrectly or without the proper information can lead to a denial as well.

I would definitely highly recommend against Chargeback or issuing a Refund, as the sales are final and punishment for breaking a rule does not warrant a refund. You will only be further punished which will not solve anything, so I think it is in your best interest to just focus on creating a proper appeal and working with Staff here to resolve your issue. Again, it is unfortunate this occurred, and if it truly was a mistake, I am confident you will be unmuted.

Hope that addresses your concern!

Posted Sep 26, 2020
  14. Creating multiple threads regarding this issue will not help your case, as I stated in the other thread, I definitely believe you should prioritize filling out an appeal with accurate, detailed information, as I am sure that if it is a mistake, you will be unmuted. The Staff and community members above have given you great information (both on this thread and the other) and I hope that can help you in your appeal.

Good luck!

Posted Sep 26, 2020
  15. Hellooo

I completely understand your frustration, but you were punished correctly. The rules regarding Revealing Personal Information can be found here under the in-game tab below chat offences. The screenshot you provided is of the general Mineplex rules and clearly states at the bottom of the page "Punishments may be enforced outside these specific clearly defined categories if deemed necessary at the direction of the aforementioned Mineplex representatives." Giving a phone number in chat, claiming it's yours, and asking people to call you, will always go under the previously mentioned chat offenses and be punished accordingly. If you'd like to discuss the rules, contacting a Rules Committee member found here is the best way to go, if you feel so strongly.

As for your appeal, PLEASE make sure you read the appeal guide that can be found here. Your appeal message will clearly state the reason why you were denied if that's the case, and will give you all of the information you need. If you've already been pardoned from two justified punishments, I highly recommend using the special appeal for a chance at a third and final justified punishment appeal. The special appeal form can be found here. Please fill out this form carefully after reading the appeal guide when you are eligible for the best chance at an unban. If there was an issue with your previously denied appeals, please private message the Appeals Team/Forum Management member that handled your appeal with a link to it, ensuring you get a response. As stated from the appeals guide, "We process many appeals on a daily basis and we won't be able to remember everyone's appeal. PMs with no link to the appeal will be ignored."

Will all of that being said, I completely understand your frustration, but these guidelines are set in place to protect the player-base and anyone who may be using the public chat inappropriately. Additionally, no refund will be given to your account simply because of a sufficient punishment. As stated in the rules, "All sales are final," and any attempt at a chargeback will result in a permanent ban. If any of this is unclear or you have concerns, feel free to send me a private message and I will address it for you. For now, since your current concern has been addressed, I will be locking this thread. Please utilize the options I have given you, and I guarantee it will eventually work out if followed properly.

Thread Locked - Concern Addressed

Posted Sep 26, 2020,
    Last edited Sep 26, 2020
    ScarletBlood37 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.