• 502 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4767 Players Online
  • 4265 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

UNFAIR SKINS UNFAIR ADVANTAGES

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by godzilla lover, Feb 24, 2021.

1. the yoda and the ewok r2d2 and the ghast i see these skins every game i can't see their armour i can barley see them at all there the size of 1 block and there unfair and don't give me the "oh mineplex can't do anything these are official skins by minecraft" then just like other servers replace it with a skin from the server so if someones joins mineplex with a yoda skin it'll automatically be replaced by a skin made by the server or just make them change the skin. And for examples hive is partners with mojang just like mineplex and yet they have a solution for these skins i'm fed up with this crap i just get repeatedly get told over and over again that they can't do nothing about it then what is their job? is their job to tell people they can't fix something? this server has gone bad you can't ban hackers you can't fix the unfair skins you can't fix the bugs you can't do anything why is your server even on bedrock?

Posted Feb 24, 2021
  2. it's on Java

Posted Feb 24, 2021
  3. Hello!

First things first, I am going to post a quote from @tricorder , our Bedrock Game Insights Category Lead!

Gyro has said that this is something that he would consider in the past and hopefully this can get done at some point in the future. I feel you, I play the same games as you. It is painfully annoying, even though these skins have the same hit boxes. You are literally trying to hit something that you cannot see. Hopefully this can get changed in the future so that there is better quality of life!

Thanks for sharing your concern and ideas,
    Walker

Posted Feb 24, 2021
    Fallen likes this.
  4. Hey!

What a lot of people don't realise is that Mineplex do have a solution planned. While it is unfortunate that we're tolerating it for the moment, there is not much else we can do while we wait for action to be taken. Numerous threads suggesting the blocking of smaller skins in PvP gamemodes have been marked as processed by Community Council, and from this point on it's just a matter of patience and persevering regardless of whatever difficulties smaller skins may pose. They actually have the same hitboxes as normal skins, though because of their visual appearance I understand how you might be tricked into thinking you have to hit lower down for it to register. The most frustrating aspect is that they can hide behind anything one block in height.

I'm going to quote a response from @Amg on this thread which outlines a temporary fix to the small skin issue. It involves configuring a setting that causes all skins to appear as Steves, including smaller ones. Whether this is something you'd like to do or not, it's your choice.
    A temporary fix to the small skin issue: If you go to your menu and click into settings, go into the "Profile" tab, and you will find a setting that is labeled "Only Allow Trusted Skins" which is automatically enabled. Once you disable it, all skins will appear as Steves to you. Although this is a temporary fix to the issues you're experiencing, it does solve the issue with small skins in the meantime. I would also like to mention that this feature does sometimes naturally glitch, so just toggle this feature when it does, or try relogging to fix the issue.
    It's as simple as the Hive got around to finding and implementing a way to block small skins faster than Mineplex did. Be mindful that our Developers have a lot of updates and changes to make to the network, and while this is not an excuse for it not getting done, it is an excuse for a delay. When there is much to do in little time, some things unfortunately have to be prioritised over others. Remember there is a fix in the works and we've been guaranteed we're going to see it - it's just a matter of when, and in the meantime we should be patient and try other solutions if it's that bothering, such as the one described above.

Posted Feb 24, 2021
  5. Hey there Rocket!

First and foremost, I am sorry that you're frustrated and I understand.

Technically, we can't straight up ban these skins because Microsoft produces these skins for their platform. This is why the ideas brought up in regards to small skins being 'removed' have been pushed more towards blocking them.

This is inaccurate, and I respectfully disagree with your standpoint. Every server is going to have their flaws, regardless. Unfortunately, the Bedrock Staff Team is much more smaller in numbers in comparison to the Java Team, and I know that our Bedrock Team does their absolute best to tend to the game whenever they can. Furthermore, I understand how difficult moderating everything can be, especially with a much larger player base. Because we unfortunately cannot Moderate 24/7, The best way to go about handling cheaters in-game if there is not any Staff around, is to use our Discord’s #Report-Players channel, or to gather evidence and make a Forum report here. If you haven’t done so already, I would also highly recommend reading over the Official Reporting Guide, as it covers everything that you need to know about submitting reports on the forums. As far as bugs, they take time. I know that's probably not the answer you want to hear, or maybe even tired of hearing, but that's the truth and when it comes down to it. As @WowCaleb has suggested above, be mindful that our Developers have lots of updates and plans, but they can't do it all at once. This is an appropriate excuse for delay, as they want to ensure the quality of each update.

At this time, the reason that small skins are still allowed on Bedrock is because the idea, suggesting that they be blocked in PVP game modes, has not been put in place yet. Although the idea has been marked as processed and accepted, it might take some time before the idea is fully implemented. Unfortunately, I don't have an estimated time on how long this can take, but seeing how the idea was marked as processed, you can more than likely expect it in an upcoming/future update for Bedrock. If you would like to keep up with updates for Bedrock, you may view changelogs here, or in the Mineplex Discord within the "Bedrock-Changelog" channel.

A temporary fix to the small skin issue: If you go to your menu and click into settings, go into the "Profile" tab and you will find a setting that is labeled "Only Allow Trusted Skins" which is automatically enabled. Once you disable it, all skins will appear as Steves to you. Although this is a temporary fix to the issues you're experiencing, it does solve the issue with small skins in the meantime. Sometimes this feature in options does glitch, so if you do experience that, to my knowledge to fix it, all you have to do is toggle it/relog.

Here's a couple threads showing the idea marked as processed:
    In conclusion, most of the issues you've voiced in this thread, are known, and in the works. The best thing you can do is to wait patiently for most of these issues to be addressed accordingly. I hope this helped, however if you have any further questions and/or concerns, feel free to reach out to me!

Posted Feb 24, 2021
    MC_Minium, yvuggu and WowCaleb like this.
  6. These skins are annoying but I don't think mineplex can really do much about it at the moment

Posted Feb 24, 2021
  7. Hello! I asked about this myself and the answer is pretty simple, we can, we just don't. I'm assuming by ban you mean block the skins and replace it with a steve/white skin, and again, we 100% can do that and it isn't impossible to do, we just don't.

It boils down to time. There are a lot of things going on on the network at any given time (though it might not look like it) behind the scenes, and with just gyroninja as a front-end developer, sometimes the little things like this slip through the cracks. It's unfortunate, and I hope that in the future we do block these annoying skins (nothing makes me rage quite like a baby yoda), but it isn't due to a specific reason we haven't gone through the relatively small effort to make this happen, it other than time.

Hope that helped,
    Isaac

(Thanks Frog :))

Posted Feb 24, 2021
    whalker likes this.
  8. Sadly our new dev (not new anymore, but latest and best) has a lot to do because the older ones who left barely did anything, unless you count things that the playerbase didn’t ask for. So you might have to wait a bit, but it is confirmed that these weird sized skins will be removed one day.

Posted Feb 24, 2021

9. Hey i'm not saying it's easy to run a server but if there's not alot of staff im sure a lot of people in the community would be happy to help and fix things just hire more people

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 24, 2021
  10. Absolutely! I understand where you're coming from and we do truly appreciate when the community helps out in reporting players, reporting bugs, and even leaving feedback/idea suggestions on the forums! It seriously does help out more than you think! - Hiring or (Recruiting) more Staff can be a difficult and time consuming process. I'm not a Recruiter myself, but I do understand that they try their best to find candidates who are best fit for the position. Recruiting an influx number of candidates who may not be ready to take on the responsibilities and duties as a Staff Member wouldn't necessarily help in my opinion. Although, the feedback is appreciated for sure! If you may think of any ideas in regards to the application process/recruitment process for Bedrock, you're more than welcome to make a thread elaborating on any ideas you might have, or you may message a Recruiter/RA. :D

Posted Feb 25, 2021
  11. My opinion may not be worth much but I’ll weigh in on it;

I do not believe that the small skins give an unfair advantage like for example hacked clients do, they just give an advantage. On this basis I believe it would be completely reasonable for the development team to keep them as a part of the playing experience, and make them a tactical choice for players. I however do believe they should be unusable in PVP oriented games where hitboxes can be muddled and knockback is already wonky on Mineplex.

Thanks! Hope my suggestion meant something.

Posted Feb 25, 2021
  12. This logic would also then follow that hacked clients aren't unfair advantages. Anything that affects gameplay by a modification to your user/client that isn't the intended usage of the feature/game and negatively affects others is something that should be considered an unfair advantage. The idea of allowing invisible pixels on skins was for more user customization, not hiding behind blocks where others can't see you. Therefore editing it to allow you to do that should qualify as an unfair advantage.

Isaac

Posted Feb 25, 2021
    OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 4, 2021