• 342 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7354 Players Online
  • 7012 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Unfair voters need to be stopped.

Discussion in 'Master Builders' started by Rancer, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Hey everyone! It has come to my attention that lately, people have been teaming up in big groups to vote unfairly on the other members of the server. They sometimes even build inappropiate building as my little brother saw today. This has been going on for quite a while now. I want it to be like the old days, where everyone was a good and honest minecraft players. This might be a class of cheating because they are farming. Thanks for reading!

Posted Jan 28, 2020,
    Last edited by a Moderator Jan 30, 2020
  2. Possibly make it so that "your vote" is an average/median (or slightly less) than the other votes you vote. Voting all negative for all but a few votes will drop your score, and voting all max will give you a better score from yourself, but everyone else will also have gotten a higher vote from you.

Posted Jan 28, 2020
    xGetRekted likes this.
  3. Heyo!
    I can see where you're coming from. I've experienced this quite a few times, and I must say, it is annoying.
    If they build inappropriate things, I suggest you click here, to player report them. I'd think something among the lines of what @LordOfTeeth said would be perfect. I've seen this around before, and I don't think the general populace like it, either. I don't see this as a major problem to be looked into yet, but it could be in the foreseeable future. +0.5
    Cheers!
    ~Sean

Posted Jan 30, 2020
  4. Hey!

If what you’re describing is true then it is indeed a cause for concern. However, I believe this is only so if the problem grows to be more prominent and something that begins to affect everybody. I have not heard any similar reports but you might have been the only one that’s encountered this, which suggests that it is not widespread yet, assuming the case is as serious as you outline.

I wouldn’t go as far as to label them as you did yet, as there does seem to be a solution. You mentioned one of them built something inappropriate. I’m sorry for this and especially that your brother had to see, that really sucks. If you report this person then the correct action will be taken which may cause this close-knit group to fall apart. Keep an eye out and see what you can do, as will I, to do our part.

My only advice to you is to do exactly that
    to help solve your case. If no evidence crops up, try a different game for a while and don’t become too focused on the issue as it will be dealt with. Be assured that staff and community members will do the right thing if they notice it as well. Hopefully not your brother!

Posted Jan 30, 2020
  5. Hey!

As many people above have stated, I don’t really think this is the biggest problem Mineplex has right now, so I definitely think we should focus on other issues right now. Also, I can’t think of anyway staff can really monitor unfair voting. So while I do think this is an issue for players that play Master Builders, I don’t think that it’s the largest issue, also I don’t think there’s really anyway we can really monitor this issue.

~Nick

Posted Jan 30, 2020
  6. Unfortunately there isn't really a great way we can solve this issue. You mentioned wanting to return to "where everyone was a good and honest minecraft players" but Mineplex has no control over personal characteristics like honesty. People are currently free to vote how they see fit, and sometimes this results in unfair and undeserved voting. Someone recommended a possible weighted voting to fix the issue, but then people's votes might not count as much if they truly did feel a couple builds in a row were really awesome, or really poorly built. I agree it's an issue, but it's not something that has an easy fix that we can just implement.

Posted Jan 30, 2020
    Im_Ken likes this.
  7. As mentioned by various people above, I'm not sure how we would be able to combat unfair voting. As staff members we can't really control other people and how they may vote. It does get frustrating, I know, but there it would be hard to think of a way to stop people unfairly voting.

Posted Feb 1, 2020
  8. I know the Survival mode on the Mineplex Bedrock Server has most if not all of what you described. I try to look around every survival server as often as I can and if I see an in inappropriate builds. If I do find some I will tell staff or try to destroy it myself. Maybe this would be a good way for you to help eliminate those builds. It is probably very hard for Mineplex staff to control the voting. I imagine it is frustrating.

Posted Feb 1, 2020