• 470 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2554 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Unofficial Mineplex Trailer

Discussion in 'YouTube Video Showcase' started by Callum5771, Feb 19, 2019.

1. I made this for two reasons, number one, the old trailer is new outdated with the addition of our new hub, and two, I found some awesome music and imagined this, so watch the video below to see my results, I do hope you like it!

The (not so) Boring Copyright Notices:
    Music - used under fair use (remix / repurpose) original creators are Sky LLC (www.sky.com)
    Video Footage - recorded myself from real games on Mineplex. Quick thanks to @BatTheFox for helping me access the Frosty BH map!
    Images - Mineplex Logo (copyright Mineplex LLC), Blue Sky (by the amazing people at Pixabay that take photos for others to use for free under the wonderful Creative Commons License)

Posted Feb 19, 2019
    BatTheFox likes this.
  2. tbh I wasn't really feeling it I feel like if I was a player looking for a minigame server then I would be confused on what most of these games are I think what would be cooler is if you for every minigame that popped up you had the name of the game pop up with gameplay of people playing that game or you playing it

Posted Feb 19, 2019
    Callum5771 likes this.
  3. The trailer is good, but if you need help with cinematics, you should get Optifine. It has a toggle cinematic button where it moves your mouse very smoothly. You should check it out!

Posted Feb 19, 2019
  4. Hey callum!

I think you did a pretty good job, but it didn't have enough info on the games. Another thing that could of done is used replay mod to make it look more smooth and get some nice angles!

-Slipest

Posted Feb 19, 2019
  5. Hello!

I don't know if this is on my end, however when you edit it, try to increase the settings at it is rendered for, such as 4K quality. If your computer can't handle it, try 1080p, or 720p. Either of those are suitable, however 480p doesn't really look good. Also, scale your videos when you can. The black bars do get weird to look out, and get annoying. Assuming you used OBS, you can try and do this by playing full screen or scaling it from there, or just from the editing software. Also, like stated above, use Optifine, it makes things a lot smoother than usual. Or if you are using it already, just press C! Makes things a lot better!

Great video from you though! Expecting to see some more good videos! :P

Posted Feb 19, 2019
  6. Yep, here's the answer to a few of your concerns:

I'm rendering it in HD now, I'll sort that out soon. I didn't use the optifine zoom as it zooms too much, although I'll use stabilization in the next update. I'll also add in the video game and map names.

Thanks for your suggestions!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 19, 2019
    Slipest likes this.
  7. Hey there!

That is an excellent job on creating your own Mineplex trailer which is a great effort! I like the suggestion what Overdog said about rendering a video with an HD because the video quality looks more realistic. I do not have any additional things that I want to add, so I think your video looks good. Keep up the great work that you have, Callum!

Posted Feb 20, 2019
  8. Its.. ITS BEAUTIFUL!

Posted Feb 20, 2019
  9. It’s good overall but maybe with shaders it would add a whole other level

Posted Feb 20, 2019
  10. Hey Yall!
    Thanks for the great feedback you've all been giving me, I'm releasing an updated version as soon as I can, probably later today, with game names, map names, icons, a smoother turning of the camera and I'll be getting a different angle on the paintball map as I do think that bit is lacking action from the music.

Thanks For The Feedback, version 2 out later today!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 20, 2019
    Jaekub likes this.