• 1326 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9764 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Unusable Illuminated Chests

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by DietSugar, May 29, 2019.

?

Would you like to see one of these changes?

1. Yes, I would like to see these changes

66.7%
  2. Yes, I have a similar problem

16.7%
  3. No, I wouldn't like to see these changes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. This doesn't matter to me

16.7%
  5. This isn't a needed change

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. I've made a thread on this before, but I still think this topic needs to be addressed. Players with Eternal, who have all the cosmetics are getting 2 Illuminated chests monthly that are unusable. This has been going on for a while now and there appears to be effort to fix this. Yes, it's not that important but this is a simple solution that could be fixed by making chests able to sold once u have everything (maybe 2000- 4000 treasure shards). I don't know if this would violate the Minecraft EULA but this isn't the only option either. On the forums there could be a ticket option related to this subject; where you could ask to have the illuminated chests changed to mythical chests (Better getting duplicate shards than no shards at all). My idea is: players would need to provide a small clip and/ or screenshots showing that you cannot open any illuminated chests because you have all the cosmetics. Then you could be given a special version of Eternal rank that gives you four mythical chests and an omega chest, instead of two mythical chests, two illuminated chests and one omega chest. I attached a couple screenshot from my game that shows what I am talking about if you aren't already familiar with this. [​IMG]
    If you look in the bottom left corner where my chat is it says, "You already have all the rewards possible for this chest." So I have 19 unusable Illuminated Chests. Which could either be replace with mythical chests or maybe Mineplex could release more cosmetics for the general chests (Old, Ancient, Mythical and Illuminated Chests) so the chests could be used.

Posted May 29, 2019
    Xukuri, Tweatzy and SpitefulNick like this.
  2. I'd prefer an automated system where Illuminated Chests are converted to Mythical Chests if you own all the cosmetics. Likewise with Omega Chests. As far as your ticket system idea goes, I think that would be a pretty big waste of time for the support team that already has a lot on its plate.

In any case, I do think something should be done about this that complies with the EULA and benefits the affected users.

Posted May 29, 2019
    DietSugar, Vocaloiid and oeod like this.
  3. Oh my god... I was just about to make thread like this. However i think this is a good idea. I have 30 unusable chests, so it would be nice if they do something about it, such as giving an option to sell our chests for shards or something like that! +1

Posted May 29, 2019
    Alundor and DietSugar like this.
  4. Both converting chests to shards and chests to other chests have been brought up before and unfortunately denied. I do agree though that there should be something to allow players who can't open illuminated chests to do something with them. I think the ticket idea could be interesting but a lot of work for our support team which is quite small. While I would love more cosmetics too, I believe they are low priority given our current resources. Hopefully we will be able to add more soon.

Posted May 29, 2019
  5. I would rather keep the illuminated chests than converting them into mythicals, simply because I don’t open either just in case we get new cosmetics, and since I don’t need anything from either of those, it’s just not something I would look for. Meanwhile, I would love to see more omegas, since it seems like Mineplex is focusing more on event/seasonal chests at the moment. If that “conversion” allowed illuminated to become omegas then I would be super down - I’m missing way too much stuff from omegas, however I know for a fact that this is very unlikely to happen due to the rarity of omegas.

How about this. In the past, we had more ways to receive other types of chests (omegas specifically) through special event missions, treasure hunts across the lobby, etc. So maybe bringing back more ways to find other types of chests would be beneficial in a way as well, cause more players would try to get them (which means increased player base), people would get something out of it and everyone - except those that finished their omega cosmetics - would be happy again.

But yeah, overall it’s hard to find something of any kind that follows the EULA and makes everyone happy. I doubt chests to shards and vice versa would be a possibility considering that was a thing in the past, but later on it got changed. However, I do agree that something should be done on the matter since most of us, especially with higher levels, are completely stuck with 50 or more chests to open that we cannot touch.

Posted May 30, 2019
    nolawn likes this.
  6. That sounds like a great idea too
    --- Post updated ---
    Yeah I get keeping them, but like you said Mineplex seems to be more focused on season chests and you need shards for those chests. Which is why I was suggesting a "turn in" price or a way to convert them to mythical chests for more shards (not that u get more than 400 shards half the time anyway).
    --- Post updated ---
    True, but I don't know just how many people this effects and it would be a one time thing. Unless Mineplex is planning on releasing more cosmetics for the "general" chests. Also, I'd assume Mineplex would hire more people to the support team if they were to implement a change like this.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 30, 2019
  7. It would be good if u could give away those chests to someone else who doesn't have all cosmetics!

Posted May 30, 2019
  8. It sucks to see that many people have illuminated chest they can't use. Like Vanessa said, converting ideas are usually denied, but I would love to see something happen because getting 2 illuminated monthly and not being able to use them isn't beneficial.

Posted May 31, 2019
  9. I would rather keep the illuminated chests rather than converting them into mythical chests - mostly because I'm waiting for new cosmetics or I'm waiting just in case. I haven't been seeing new cosmetics as of late though, and I agree that many individuals will have illuminated chests they cannot use. However, since converting chests to shards ideas have been denied, I'd like to see a ticket system or something occur that will further provide a solution.

Posted May 31, 2019
  10. Does this problem only happens when you have all the cosmetics already? I just bought Eternal so am I abble to use those chests?

Posted Aug 27, 2019
  11. Yes, once you have all of the cosmetics you won't be able to open the Illuminated chests.

Posted Aug 27, 2019
  12. Heyoo!

I think this Idea would be great, as players that have Eternal don't want Illuminated Chests that they can't use. I would love to see this added!

Thank you.
    -Knazamn

Posted Aug 27, 2019
  13. Hello,
    It is unfortunate to see that so many people with all the cosmetics are getting chests that they can't open. I do think it would be beneficial to implement some sort of conversion system to try and fix this issue. Even if not much shards were given, having an option like this would be better than none. It appears that chest conversion ideas like this tend to get pushed to the side, however, I think it would be a good use of resources to implement, providing it is not too extensive on the development end. Thanks for bringing this up, its a +1 from me as long as it is not too difficult to implement.

Posted Aug 30, 2019
  14. Just wanted to quickly add the ability to sell/trade your unuseable chests for shards wouldn't violate Mojangs EULA because it doesn't involve hard currency (IE Real money).

As for your idea, I don't see the point of needed to create a support ticket to determine if you're no longer able to use chests (this can be determined automatically).

With that said, a better solution (in my opinion) is to skip the part where you trade treasure chests for shards and just get shards as your monthly bonus instead so you don't have to convert them which seems like an unnecessary step (in the long term).

I'm not opposed to allowing players to convert the unusable chests they currently have in their inventory to shards in the meantime.

Posted Aug 30, 2019
    SpitefulNick likes this.