• 579 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9017 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Upload Videos Directly From Your Desktop To Mineplex Forums!

Discussion in 'Website Feedback' started by NaomiCampbell, Aug 28, 2019.

?

Should Mineplex implement a feature where you can upload videos straight from your desktop?

1. Yes

60.0%
  2. No

40.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UPLOADING VIDEOS DIRECTLY FROM YOUR DESKTOP TO THE FORUMS WEBSITE.

In order to post a video, you must upload them from websites rather than straight from your desktop.

[​IMG]

Personally, I feel that it's just an inconvenience having to upload a video to another website, just to post it on this website. It could make things much easier and less time consuming if there was a feature where you can just upload a video straight from your desktop!

I know that this forum post may be pasted over and ignored as this isn't something that Mineplex desperately needs, but I do believe it's still a great little feature that
    could make things a bit easier and better for active forum users.

Signing off, NaomiCampbell.

Follow my page for clear skin!

[​IMG]
    --- Post updated ---

Posted Aug 28, 2019
  2. Ideally, it would be nice to be able to upload photos and videos directly, but the thing is, Youtube has the most optimized way of uploading and viewing video content and this feature wouldn't be popular despite being very time consuming for web developers. For that reason I'll have to disagree for now.

Posted Aug 28, 2019
    Dallarth likes this.
  3. You personally agree that this would be a very convenient addition to the site, but you're going to disagree because it's going to be time-consuming for the web developers..? If the platform wants something, the web developers will do anything to make sure that the platform gets what they want. The web developers most likely are receiving payment for the work they do, so I'm sure they wouldn't turn this down because it's too "time consuming". It's their job on this platform to provide features that will help it continuously grow.

But, you're entitled to your own opinions so I'll respect your choices.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 28, 2019
  4. Although this feature could be convenient, I think it is fine the way it currently is. A site such as YouTube allows us to view videos and share the link around when necessary. As Thenorn mentioned, linking videos on a trusted platform would be better as it would have a more reliable means of viewing quality and upload process. A similar suggestion has been denied here, mainly due to the fact that storing files on the site would take up unnecessary space. While I understand this feature would be a pretty convenient change for users, I do not think it will be implemented any time soon.

Posted Aug 28, 2019,
    Last edited Aug 28, 2019
  5. We'll see about that.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 28, 2019
  6. Well, no, we won't be adding this unfortunately. We do not want to and will not host any images/videos/etc. ourselves because it takes up unnecessary space. You can see my other reply here, which I see Ace already linked you to. We understand it's more convenient, but again, it's unnecessary space that can be used for better things.

Message me with questions or concerns.

Posted Aug 28, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.