• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2579 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Useless missions

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by _RSTC_, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Sometimes I get good missions, sometimes missions are not so good, but this depends on the mission type - daily, weekly. Anyways I waited an entire week for a new weekly mission to be greeted with these dumb missions. Not only the mission's requirements are huge, and it falls into the weekly mission category but the reward is SO bad that there is no point of doing this mission. My question is why does this mission even exist, and why does it fall into the weekly mission category because I will obviously discharge the mission and I will have to wait another week again.

[​IMG]

Posted Jan 26, 2020
    mab8400, xGetRektedx and _Prof_ like this.
  2. For waiting a week to be given that mission is annoying. The only explanation I can come up with as to why the rewards are so low is because spending bricks is something you don't really think about when playing Cakewars. You more or less just spend them when you need to and you can get stacks and stacks of bricks in a single game if it ends up finishing after cake rot.

However with that being said, that reward is still the worst I have probably ever seen. It's good that you pointed it out so that it can hopefully be fixed in upcoming updates for the server.

I don't typically do the missions unless it's the weekly ones where the rewards are higher than normal. Since I'm 100 I don't need xp or gems and I'm mostly just looking for high shard rewards so I can purchase holiday chests for all the cosmetics, so for it to be 10 shards when it should be something more like 2,000 is probably the most discouraging thing that could be shown to me.

Posted Jan 26, 2020
  3. I would be fine if the reward was more than 10 shards and 7 gems, that will not be a problem, but this absolutely terrible mission is a new level. Hopefully it does get fixed.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 26, 2020
  4. According to your example provided in the image, the requirements do fit under weekly missions. Most games do not go past cake rot and the average player will likely have spent less than 755 bricks. I second you on the reward though, because you can be first place of any Mixed Arcade game and get that amount of shards, experience, and gems, if not, more. A considerable amount of players argue that Cake Wars should be hardcore since it has the tendency to go prolong and there are many features to it, both being solid points. For a weekly mission of a semi-competitive game, I would want more rewards than just 7 gems, 10 shards, and 350 experience. If a mission is under weekly, it should take around that amount of time to accomplish, assuming the player still has somewhat of a life outside of Mineplex. The rewards should be moderately larger than the amount earned in one well-played Mixed Arcade game.

Report a User | Report a Bug | Rules | My Profile | Applications

Posted Jan 26, 2020
    _RSTC_ likes this.
  5. I do think the mission choice is good, however, I do agree that the reward does seem a bit low. My suggestion would be 600 XP, 50 Gems, 5 Treasure Shards. If the reward isn't changed then possibly make this a daily mission rather than a weekly mission.

Posted Jan 27, 2020
  6. I agree. I think the mission is fine, but the reward is very low.

I'm glad you brought this up. Missions aren't really discussed too often, and I think there could be some improvements. In a few games that I play outside of Mineplex, the weekly missions give you much greater rewards much quicker. I'd even increase the rewards to 1k Shards, 1k Gems, and 1k XP (or more). I'd even increase the number of weekly missions from 3 to 5. You'd only be able to complete so many per week so increasing it significantly wouldn't hurt. I know I for one would be more motivated to complete them if the rewards were great!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Posted Jan 27, 2020
    Crazyy_Tim likes this.
  7. By "useless" I am referring that no one will be doing this mission since its most likely to be discharged. The mission itself is great but the reward is terrible. No one will do this mission for a terrible reward marking this as a useless mission.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 27, 2020
  8. Hey,

Personally, I don't think that the actual missions themselves aren't that much of an issue. I haven't really encountered that many bad ones if I'm completely honest. I think that the real issue is the rewards. Spending 755 bricks in Cake Wars would likely take a bit of time, and it's not really fair that your only reward for doing this is EXP that's equivalent to playing one game and barely any shards/gems.

I would like to see the shards/gems reward be completely removed and having a substantial boost to the experience that players receive from the missions.

Posted Jan 27, 2020
  9. I agree, in terms of the reward, it's not worth waiting a week for that mission. I don't mind these missions, because it makes combat games more fun and worth playing for people who don't really enjoy the combat side of things, but for the people who do and want a challenge when playing the mini-game, that's not a very ideal mission. However, I have a small suggestion to fix this.

Consider implementing a system which will determine what mission would be best for you in terms of your overall performance and ability according to your statistics for that game. This would certainly cancel out any missions that may be too easy and not worth waiting for. Definitely keep this in mind :)

Hopefully you get a better mission to complete next week :)

Posted Jan 27, 2020
  10. Hey!

I agree with those above. The mission itself is okay, but the reward is just ridiculous in my opinion. To use 755 bricks in Cakewars will say that you're in mid/end game, and you'll get a much higher amount of both experience, shards, and gems if you get to mid/end game alone by playing. This definitely needs to be improved!

Speaking of the improvement, I liked the idea that @Koronotchi suggested. It would be a good idea to get missions based on your overall performence and ability according to your stats. If you get a certain amount of kills every game, then a mission can be to get even more kills, and I personally think that this would work pretty well! My only concern would be that it might be hard to implement a system. It needs to fit everyone, and I assume it must be a lot of work creating s a system because something has to save your stats in a database somewhere. And, there are a lot of Cakewars players out there, so this would definitely be hard to implement.

But there might be other solutions to this problem, and I am glad that you brought this up because this needs to improve! Thank you for making this thread!

Posted Jan 27, 2020
    Koronotchi likes this.
  11. Some good valid points.

In terms of you stating that it needs to be for everyone, it doesn't actually have to be based on kills that people get, it could be based on other things like:

- Amount of Cakes eaten
    - Amount of Items purchased
    - Amount of Deaths
    - How many zones you capture

Et cetera.

I do agree with the development aspect of it as it understandably would be difficult to implement a system like that. However, if this were to be considered, I would definitely be excited to see what the staff and management team have in mind with this suggestion.

Thanks again for the feedback <3

Posted Jan 27, 2020,
    Last edited Jan 27, 2020
  12. Heyo!

I think the mission is just fine and fits the Weekly Mission category but yes I do think the reward is very low but I think I have a good explanation for that.

This mission is for sure should be put in the Weekly Mission category which it already is. Though I think the reason they do missions like these it to popularise games like Cake Wars and other games. I also think the reward is so low is because the mission is pretty easy to complete. You don't really think about when you purchase bricks and the mission will probably only take up to 5 games to complete, or less depending on how much Recourse Gen upgrades you get and how much your on the generator etc. Though I do get your frustration about this. It must be really annoying to wait a whole week to be greeted with a mission that it very low reward.

~Cheers!
    -spikecreates

Posted Jan 27, 2020
    _Prof_ likes this.
  13. I have never right clicked Sam The Slime. People actually do missions?

Posted Jan 28, 2020
  14. [​IMG]

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 28, 2020
    _Prof_ likes this.
  15. Lol, missions on bedrock are even worse, do you know why? Well, this is because they usually don't work properly!

Posted Jan 28, 2020
  16. Okay, so this is a thing that I can’t fully agree with, yes there might be really weird missions and some might be useless fully, but sometimes there could be really weird missions, but then also they could give you a good amount of shards and gems. This is a good point for some missions. Some might be dumb, but they could give a good amount of loot in the end.

This message has been sent by IMrBacon

Posted Jan 29, 2020
  17. Agree on what? Did you even read everything?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 29, 2020
  18. My bad, I probably was not making sense, anyway, the thing I am trying to point out is that sometimes you might have to wait for a new mission, and it might be completely stupid. Then again, you never know when there could be a dumb mission, but the reward for it could be somewhat good. Sorry about the misunderstanding

Posted Jan 29, 2020
  19. Yes, I understand that, however, this is a weekly mission, and the reward for this mission is way too low.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 29, 2020