• 904 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9342 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Using Knitted Platforms to Suffocate Players is Exploiting

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by HollowPickaxe, Sep 20, 2019.

1. As the title says, players who use the Knitted Platform as an offensive item should be punished. In vanilla MC you can't place blocks into other people and the only reason this works is because it creates a platform extending from a target block and ignores player collision. This is exploiting in one of it's most simplest forms. Players who normally use this strategy end up losing the game anyway but it's annoying to die to and just delays the inevitable.

Posted Sep 20, 2019
  2. not true at all, it isnt easy to do because it is easy to counter.... Even if u do get trapped in it u can easily break it then hit him off the top build out then combo them.

Posted Sep 20, 2019
  3. You have to be top tier stupid to fall for this, the setup is obvious and so is the way to avoid it. In short, git gud

Posted Sep 23, 2019
    BlackConfig and SpookVegetables like this.
  4. I agree. It's happened to me several times on many occasions. I think its unfair for new players to be so easily killed by glitching the game.

Posted Sep 23, 2019
  5. New player get crit out more often than they are trapped, it's a lesson in awareness and foresight, they need to learn these skills in order to win more often.

Posted Sep 23, 2019
  6. Okay mate, whatever you think. I just think when you play a game you should be able to play out of common sense and don't have to think of any bugs or glitches people can use on you. But if you disagree, that's cool.

Posted Sep 23, 2019
  7. Logic doesn't come to the conclusion that snowballs slow you down, or that dye places a platform, or that epearls have a cooldown. I lost games to all of those when I was new,.and I learned.

Posted Sep 23, 2019
  8. While I see where you're coming from, the only way knitted platform suffocating is bannable is if you do it against your own team. But, with what you are saying, it most likely won't become bannable unless the RC team sees it fit to make it bannable. The reason it isn't bannable is because this is a legit strategy in the game. Plus, everytime I find myself being suffocated I find it easier to break the block then use frosting on them to kill them or to knock them off the edge.

Posted Sep 23, 2019
  9. Half the time you can catch them off guard by jumping out of the block and hitting them

Posted Sep 23, 2019
    Kyuine likes this.
  10. The word "glitch" and "bug" imply that suffocation is an unintended use of the kit. There is no evidence that says one way or the other whether this feature is intended or not. Since it is not punishable, we can assume it is intended. If it was considered a "glitch" or "bug", it would be punishable for Bug Exploiting. The fact that it is not punishable can be inferred to mean it is not a glitch, which again means it is an intended feature.

The Builder kit has no combat advantages, it is completely a movement based kit. All three other kits have combat features, and you could say the Frosting kit has three features as the snowball does knockback, slowness, and starts combos. The builder kit gets platforms and blocks sure, but both of these are really only used for getting from point A to point B. Using the platforms in combat is a completely valid use of the kit. Like previously mentioned, it should be decently reasonable to be able to assume when you are getting into a situation that may result in you being suffocated. There is no reason this should be done more than once per game, because if it happens to you once, you can assume who has the kit and that they are likely to attempt to use it for suffocation. Use this in your plan the next time you approach their base or interact with that player.

The idea that it's unfair for new players to be killed - new players that have zero experience with the game are likely to be killed in one form or another. After two or three times being suffocated, they can identify the source of the problem and start developing strategies to counter it.

Overall, the fact that this is not punishable implies that the suffocation using Builder kit is an intended feature. It is not difficult to counter once you identify who uses this strategy, and it is fair as using suffocation is barely useful in combat and the kit in general otherwise only has one perk which is quicker travel.

Posted Sep 23, 2019
  11. This knitted platform is really good but it just suffocates me. The person has an unfair advantage

Posted Sep 23, 2019
  12. Hey there,

As someone who constantly plays Cakewars, I agree with you that encountering a player whom uses the knitted platform as an offensive item is way too annoying. However, I disagree with the fact of it being removed.
    Why?
    CakeWars features 3 combat kits and a builder one. With this being said, the builder kit is not really for combat but may be used as it. To be able to match the other players in combat, builders have taken advantage of the knitted platform and turned it to an offensive tool, which is something smart to do. It's always fun for the game to be as competitive as it can be.
    Anyways, I AM NOT a player who uses the builder kit or one who suffocates using the knitted platform but hey, there is no reason of it being removed if everyone can use it as they please.

Have a great day,
    Flame.

Posted Sep 23, 2019
  13. Hey!

I don't play Cake Wars a lot but I know most of it. The knitted platform is something that spawns in a 3x3 made out of your teams color (wool blocks). It helps players get to places faster and lets them use less resources to get there. I do see by using this to suffocate someone is something that happens repetitively to a lot of the community of Cake Wars. It tends to get annoying for a lot of them too. Personally, I don't run into this issue. A lot of people that have played Cake Wars and know about this trick should be able to avoid it quite easily. Suffocating someone because of this should NOT be punishable. Having that ability to trap people in that way could be very useful in certain situations. There is no reason to have this as a punishable offense. I see the problem with new players going through this. But like Dulciloquy has stated, after a few times of encountering this they should be able to not get stuck as much and find ways to beat it. Also, sometimes it is pretty simple to get out of the platform if you do get stuck. Overall, there is no reason to make this punishable and even no reason to remove the kit.

Posted Sep 23, 2019
  14. How is it better than slowballs or fighter?

Posted Sep 23, 2019
  15. Its partially true I don't want the kit to be removed. I was just saying that a knitted platform instead of suffocating just just teleport us above. Who agrees with me?

Posted Sep 29, 2019
    • General Rudeness Severity 1
    Nah I love suffo, get lost.

Posted Oct 7, 2019
  16. Suffocating a player as a builder requires far more skill to do correctly than even using a fishing rod to help enage a combo easier. It's not uncommon for suffocated players to be able to not only walk out of the platform with only a heart or so of damage (since it's hard to be accurate with the platforms to keep the player enclosed in the middle), and it's even harder to suffocate someone when the suffocator is in a position where the trapped player can't jump out and hit them away/off the map. Furthermore, it gives Builders an actual advantage in late-game (when all of the bridges are more or less built), and in a game where every other kit gives a direct advantage to combat in one form or another, this is perfect. It's also not necessarily unbalanced in the way Frosting is because any player is able to buy a platform for merely 5 bricks to use on any other builder/player. Overall, effectively using Builder requires immense amounts of practice and perfecting to be any sort of threat to other players in the game, so I believe it's perfectly balanced.

Posted Oct 9, 2019
    Dulciloquy likes this.
  17. Hey Man,
    I can see where suffocation is the problem. The key is to, as said before, hit them when they're off guard, or to simply break the block to get out. Still, I can see why It's annoying.
    I'd say that the only annoying part of suffocation, would be when you're on the side of a bridge, and the opponent suffocates you. What's so bad you might ask? You're on the side of the suffocation meaning that you're pushed off the bridge :p. That's the only time that I'm annoyed at suffocation. Otherwise, It's a -0.6986 on this thread.

~Franjona (a.k.a. Not_Gamer)

Posted Oct 10, 2019
  18. I happen to get smacked by users whom uses the builder kit. Partially due to my stupidity, but otherwise it's leigitmate skill in placing blocks and having fast finger movement to placing the knitted platform immediately after.
    Wouldn't say it's game breaking or a need to remove, but it's annoying sure.

Posted Oct 10, 2019
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  19. I strongly agree with this

Posted Oct 21, 2019 at 9:10 PM