• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Using Versions Under 1.12 and Above 1.8.8

Discussion in 'Clans' started by Kaylee West, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Kaylee West

Kaylee West

Clans requires the player to either use Minecraft 1.8.8 or a version above release 1.12. Is there a reason why we cannot use 1.8.9 or use any of the Minecraft versions from 1.8.9 to 1.11.X? My guess is block hit glitch but that's all I can think of.

Posted Mar 5, 2019
  2. Xion

Xion

You can use 1.8.9 on Clans, it is what most players use actually.
    Personally I think that you should only be able to use 1.8.9 on clans and nothing above that because newer versions just break the game and create more bugs. Personally, I never used 1.10 - 1.11, so I wouldn't know anything about that, and I barely used 1.9, but my guess is that it's just the same reason as why you can't use 1.6 or 1.7. Maybe the coding is different and they don't want to use outdated versions for no reason. 1.8 has it's reasons, obviously. My other guess is (and don't quote me on this because I'm not sure) that whenever they make new updates they have to make them work for every version and since the developer time is already limited, they decided not to push out clans updates for those versions.

These are just my guesses though.

Hope you have a nice day!

Posted Mar 6, 2019
    Border likes this.
  3. mepman9

mepman9

The game just works best in 1.8.9 from my experience in terms of 1.8.x versions. In terms of 1.9+, there's a large chance you run into some version specific issues. I know for a fact we had issues with doors not even opening in newer versions, crashes when you went near boss arenas, etc. Those compatibility issues are always on our list of fixes, but until they run as well as 1.8.x versions, we recommend 1.8.

Posted Mar 10, 2019
    Fall, Wanderer and Betrayer like this.
  4. Betrayer

Betrayer

Great to see you around still mepman, You won't know who I am but I know about how much you've done to make and improve clans. I've been around since clans first came around, I don't play anymore but I want to thank you for what you've done for clans. Honestly clans is the highlight of my 4+ years on Mineplex. Clans was a blast and you and the others who worked on clans made it amazing.
    Thank you <3

Posted Mar 10, 2019
    mepman9 likes this.