• 268 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3724 Players Online
  • 3456 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

V3riity/Dillionia’s Art Giveaway (May 2020)

Discussion in 'Giveaways' started by V3riity, May 8, 2020.

?

Which of the two styles do you prefer?

1. Sketch-paints!

7 vote(s)
    38.9%
  2. Cheebs!

10 vote(s)
    55.6%
  3. Just stopping by to say hiiiii

8 vote(s)
    44.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey everyone!

Intro Stuff:
    So the last (and first) time I hosted an art giveaway here was in January, but it feels like it was at least a year ago honestly, I can't believe it’s only been about 3-4 months AH. I think it’s safe to say that I’ve definitely improved since then (not that there isn’t still a lot of room for more) aaand since I’ve been hearing that people were actually interested in my work, I thought it might be nice to host another one :D

For reference, here’s a couple examples of what it used to look like (the last giveaway I did, about 3-4 months ago >.<):
    [​IMG][​IMG]

And here are a few of my most recent works:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Disclaimer: None of the character designs shown above are originally by me. Also sorry the pictures are so large I didn’t feel like typing the spoiler code xD

You can find more examples of my work https://imgur.com/a/VgXieuf, https://www.mineplex.com/threads/april-art-update-2020.113010/, and https://www.mineplex.com/threads/art-style-development.106254/.

The Actual Giveaway stuff
    (I’m going to be very particular about this to keep things running smoothly.):

Anyways, since my art style is only semi-consistent due to the fact that there isn’t exactly a single, definitive one, I’ll be giving participants a choice between the messy sketch-paint (half body only) or the chibi style (full body). This is because offering too many styles at a time is actually stressful for me to keep track of. If you don’t win/would like a different style of mine/want it super personalized, etc. you will still have the option to commission me for a piece.

✰Note: Only chibis get props, but sketch-paints can have hand gestures (i.e. peace signs), though they usually don’t include hands.

Messy sketch-paint examples (reminder: only doing half-body drawings for these):
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Cheeb examples:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    ✰Note: If you don’t meet all the entry requirements properly, you will not be entered. To confirm your entry, I will “like” your post. If I didn’t “like” it after 3 hours or so, it’s probably because you didn’t enter correctly (i.e. forgot a requirement or requested something not being offered) and therefore won’t be included in the raffle(s) unless you fix it before the deadline. OR your comment was simply not an entry, so don’t feel bad if I don’t “like” the post in that case, it’s not personal! Last time I did a giveaway a couple people didn’t enter correctly so this is to help prevent that from happening again :)

TO ENTER the giveaway:
    1. Like this post ♡︎
    2. Choose a style: sketch-paint or chibi (you can also enter for both — each style will have two winners and the raffles will be separate.)
    3. Link to skin (I will only be drawing skins, to keep it simple)
    4. Background color (these will be single solid colors. You can write it here in hexadecimal too if that works for you.)
    5. Favorite dessert or one of them

6. [Optional] IGN (ONLY if you’d like it written on the art, it will be inserted somewhere TBD as text since my handwriting is actually terrible as you can see in the older examples lmao. But I mean if you like the handwriting I can do that instead xD)
    7. [Optional] Any more information you’d like to include, *props are for chibis only and sketch-paints are half-body only.*)
    8. [Optional] Your Discord tag, if you have one (you can also wait to see if you win anything and then privately message me it, whatever works for you works for me)
    Entries will be valid through Friday May 15, 2020 EST✰, anything after that will not be entered. That’s my last day of school so I won’t have to worry too much over exams and whatnot, and it’ll be nice to have that to start off my summer plans C:

The more entries this gets/if this goes well, the more likely I will do more giveaways in the future — maybe including some other/new art styles to switch it up a little (i.e. the ones shown in my examples of recent works at the beginning of this thread or some of those shown in the other links provided— of course, when and if the time comes, I will provide examples.). As aforementioned, there will be two chibi winners and two sketch-paint winners, so four prizes total for the whole giveaway. You can enter either or both raffles.

✰Please be patient with me while I make the prizes. I will be announcing the winners on this thread and posting the finished artwork in the Arts and Banners Showcase forum as well as updating this post.

Feel free to message me with any questions or concerns and I’d be happy to clear things up for you. My discord is Dillionia#0015 too btw in case anyone has any issues finding it :)

Thank you so much in advance to anyone who participates, and good luck! I'm excited to be hosting this :D I also added a little poll cuz I thought it might be fun (unlimited poll choice answers but I actually would like to see the your preferences owo

Posted May 8, 2020
  2. hiii!

You already know that I love your art. Personally, I'm a fan of the sketch paint more then the other, but they are both great. I won't be entering, but I know so many people will be due to the skill you have. Thanks for hosting this! :)

Posted May 8, 2020
  3. Hey Dilliona! I want to state off by saying thank you for doing this giveaway. I think your art is absolutely incredible and would love to have one of my own. However, I’ll be happy for whoever wins this giveaway, with that being said, good luck to everyone entering!
    Requirements:
    2. I would like to have a sketch-paint.
    3. Here’s the link to my skin: https://namemc.com/skin/3b93f2ec2af6db1e
    4. I would like a gray background.
    5. My favorite dessert is cake.
    6. xGetRekted
    7. I don’t want anything additional on my art.
    8. xGetRekted#7076
    Once again, I really appreciate you doing this, and I’m sure everyone else does too! :D

Posted May 8, 2020
    1. Like this post ♡︎ done!!
    2. Choose a style: sketch-paint or chibi (you can also enter for both — each style will have two winners and the raffles will be separate.) chibi :D
    3. Link to skin (I will only be drawing skins, to keep it simple) https://namemc.com/profile/WowScar.1
    4. Background color (these will be single solid colors. You can write it here in hexadecimal too if that works for you. gray would be awesome :D
    5. Favorite dessert or one of them tiramisu is amazing
    omg so exciting, good luck to everyone who enters!!

Posted May 8, 2020
  4. Hey!

Your art is absolutely beautiful! Words cannot express how beautiful this art is!

Sketch-Paint
    Link to my MC skin: https://namemc.com/skin/84e554613ce9bc9f
    Background color: Preferably one that you think would suit
    Favorite dessert: pancakes aren't bad! :)

Good luck to all other participants. Once again, thank you for this giveaway and your art is amazing ^___^

Posted May 8, 2020
    V3riity likes this.
  5. Hello!

Amazing art you got there!

1. I liked the post
    2. Chibi style
    3. https://namemc.com/profile/PureSimple.1
    4. a cool gradient using the main colors of the clothes of the skin
    5. Hmm, think I like macaroons the most, big and fluffy ones
    My discord is PureSimple#2081

And I would also want the little man to hold a shiny iron sword :)

Posted May 8, 2020
    Johnny Welamton and V3riity like this.
  6. Your art is absolutely amazing. Thank you so much for doing this giveaway, and best of luck to everyone else who enters!
    2. Sketch-Paint
    3. https://namemc.com/profile/aiirr.5
    4. A light blue, more of a dull color.
    5. Brownies >>>>> No one can tell me otherwise
    6. aiirr
    7. N/A
    8. Aiirr#5474

Posted May 8, 2020,
    Last edited May 8, 2020
    V3riity likes this.
  7. Hello!
    I'm not going to be entering because I already have A wonderful profile!
    Thank you so much for this one!
    Good Luck to all who enter this giveaway!

Posted May 8, 2020
  8. Hey! Your artwork looks absolutely incredible!
    2. Chibi
    3. https://namemc.com/profile/ILIKECAKEMAN.1
    4.Light blue, or regular blue
    5. Cake is always going to be the #1 desert!
    8. Discord is ILIKECAKEMAN#0001

Thank you so much for hosting this giveaway, and good luck to everyone entering!

Posted May 9, 2020
    V3riity likes this.
    1. Like this post ♡︎ Done!
    2. Choose a style: sketch-paint or chibi (you can also enter for both — each style will have two winners and the raffles will be separate.) Both.
    3. Link to skin (I will only be drawing skins, to keep it simple) https://namemc.com/profile/Mathuu.6 (P.S. I can't choose which skin, so either my current skin, the white one, or the Tommy Hilfiger one with plaid pants)
    4. Background color (these will be single solid colors. You can write it here in hexadecimal too if that works for you.) Once again, I'm so sorry but I can't choose. Gray or Orange, please choose for me (i don't care which one you pick :D)
    5. Favorite dessert or one of them - New York Cheesecake (it's so yummy)

Thanks for hosting this giveaway! I haven't changed my profile picture since October 2019, LOL.

Posted May 9, 2020
    V3riity likes this.
  9. EEEEEE THESE ARE AMAZING!

You're an amazing community member and I love everything that you do for the server and the community. I'm certain that I can speak on behalf of the whole community when I thank you for being so generous and hosting this giveaway! While I won't be entering now I still wanna thank you for this and wish luck to everyone else entering ^-^

PS: The Todoroki one looks insane

Posted May 9, 2020
    Truthhs likes this.
  10. [FONT=Open Sans, sans-serif]Thank you for hosting this giveaway. You are really good at art and I'm interested to see how these pieces will come out. Thanks again (: good luck to everyone.[/FONT]
    2. Choose a style: sketch-paint or chibi (you can also enter for both — each style will have two winners and the raffles will be separate.) Sketch paint
    3. Link to skin (I will only be drawing skins, to keep it simple) namemc.com/skin/7e856ef7b772abab
    4. Background color (these will be single solid colors. You can write it here in hexadecimal too if that works for you.) Purple, a dark purple that looks nice but if you think it doesn't go good please choose what you think looks best
    5. Favorite dessert or one of them - New York Cheesecake (so true mathuu couldn't agree more) @Mathuu sorry for copying you but the way you laid it out is very clean and I'm on mobile so I don't want to try to make my own layout.

Posted May 13, 2020
    mathuu and V3riity like this.
  11. Hey friends, quick bump^^

Tomorrow is the last day to enter!

(I’ll be deleting this comment later.)

Rip It doesn‘t let me delete this

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 14, 2020,
    Last edited May 15, 2020
    lunarliqhtz ☾, Alpfa and xGetRekted like this.
    2. Choose a style: I would like to enter for both <3
    3. Link to skin: https://namemc.com/skin/e8185a80b13dfdc3
    4. Background color: Possibly light blue, or any color you think looks good with my skin
    5. Favorite dessert: Brownies > everything
    6. IGN: I won't be using my IGN but can you include my name instead? "Harmony" C:
    7. Other: If I win for the Chibi, can I private message you the props I want to be included? The same goes for if I win the Sketch paint. :)
    8. Discord: If I win, I can message you my tag
    I love your art and good luck to everyone! <3

Posted May 14, 2020
  12. aha dw :)

Posted May 15, 2020
    Johnny Welamton likes this.
  13. [FONT=Open Sans, sans-serif]All righty first of all thank you for this giveaway! I am amazed at the chibi art! Secondly if I don't win do you do commissions and if so for how much? Good luck all yall who enter![/FONT]
    1. Done!
    2. Chibi please they look awesome!
    3. https://namemc.com/skin/f508028036438b4c
    4. Light Gray
    5. This one is very difficult but I love making dessert tamales they are actually called sweet tamales! My personal favorite to make is an apple one!
    6. IGN: Jlferran
    7. If I can request a prop it would have to be one of Kirito's swords! Elucidator or Dark Repulser. If possible both cause dual wielding yknow.
    8. Jlf#0001

Posted May 15, 2020,
    Last edited May 16, 2020
    V3riity likes this.
    1. Liked :)
    2. I would like to enter for both
    3. https://namemc.com/skin/d65ea6b798748c7b
    4. Dark Gray/Black
    5. I like them all :D
    6. I don't want my ign in it
    7. If I win ill pm you the things i want in it
    8. Prefer to Pm it

Posted May 16, 2020
    V3riity likes this.
  14. Hey everyone, the giveaway has ended! Thank you to everyone who left kind comments and/or participated in the raffle ♡︎

Here are our winners:
    Sketch-paint:
    @Alpfa @Truthhs

Chibi:
    @Mathuu @ScarletBlood37

I'll contact you about your prizes soon! ♡´・ᴗ・`♡

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 16, 2020
  15. Prizes are done and will be up shortly. Thanks everyone! ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ♡︎

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 17, 2020
    ILIKECAKEMAN, mathuu, venez. and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.