• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9829 Players Online
  • 6939 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Processed View kits within evolution.

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by Rilau, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Hey all! Today I come with a very small change I'd like to see added. Currently, in any other game, when you use your compass as a spectator you get to see the kit each player is using. However, when you try to do this within Evolution, it will simply tell you what mob they are currently on. Here is an example!:
    Example 1 Example 2
    Now, I don't really think that the mob you're currently on is even a "kit", it's more of a stepping stone to show how close you are to winning. My idea is that when you use your compass as a spectator, it will show your actual kit. For instance, health harvester. instead of, let's say, "chicken".

Although this will have little to no effect on gameplay, I really don't see a downside to this, and in the end it would just make more sense than the current system we have. After all, you can already see what mob is being played on the right-hand scoreboard.
    Let me know what you think!

Posted Jul 2, 2020
    0775, Jaek, Dulciloquy and 1 other person like this.
  2. Heyo!

I really like this idea that you have mentioned, as it isn't a huge change and would provide much more useful info for spectators. The leaderboard to the right of your screen already shows the level of evolution that players are on, and identifying this as "kits" in the spectating compass doesn't seem particularly fitting. Instead, the actual kit that people are playing would make more sense, as players could spectate a range of people playing different kits to see how people use them to push towards victory.

Overall, nice and simple QoL change, definitely a +1 from me!
    Thanks for sharing!
    ~ Bobert / Erik

Posted Jul 3, 2020
    Rilau likes this.
  3. I believe the reason that this occurs is that in Evolution, the mobs you evolve into are classed as "kits" in the game's code. This is why you can't type /kit at the beginning of the game to change your kit, because then you'd be able to select any mob to start as. I think this change would be cool since every other game allows you to see their actual kit, but I have a feeling implementing it might be kinda difficult? I'm not sure.

Posted Jul 3, 2020
    Im_Ken and Rilau like this.
  4. Hey!
    I have always wondered this myself when playing and I think it could be a great change in evolution so that players can see the actual kit you are using, not the mob. However, I also think that there should also be a "Mob:" or "Class:" (something of the sort) addition as well so it shows the mob they are using along with the kit, just so players are aware of that too. Basically it'd be placed under something more fitting, not "Kit" because the mob you are using is not a kit like you have mentioned. I think this could be useful to implement along with your idea just because this is still relevant information, it's just being placed in the incorrect category, if that makes sense.
    Overall, I really don't see any problems with this idea because it seems very helpful for players and doesn't seem that difficult to implement, especially because it's not technically affecting the game. My only suggestion would just be to add a proper category for the players mob too, as I mentioned above.

+1 idea

Posted Jul 3, 2020
    Rilau likes this.
  5. I definitely like this idea! It's very simple and I think would be well-received if it were implemented. It would definitely be useful to those who are trying to figure out what kit a player has in the game.

The only thing I would alter with this idea has been said above - this should be added alongside the mob that the player currently is, so you're able to see both. This is more of a QoL thing, but I definitely don't think that your suggestion should completely replace the listing of the mob that the player is.

Overall, I give a +1. Really good idea!

Posted Jul 3, 2020
    Rilau likes this.
  6. Hello!

This feature can be cool to get but sadly it's technically hard to implement since as I know it will require to completely change how Evolution game works which we don't have Development time for and it's not really something important.

As @Xukuwu already mentioned above, it happens because each evolve (mob) is counted as a separate kit on game's backend side with extra abilities depending on your main kit which you selected on the lobby, so it's a reason why /kit is disabled because before when it was enabled (first days after the beta release of engine update) you can instantly become a chicken by changing a kit on Chicken. Also, it's a reason why kits platforms aren't centred in the middle on pre-game lobby while Evolution game is set like it's for arcade other games.

Overall, I believe that it doesn't really matter what kit is showing on Tracking Compass because not a lot of players really face being a spectator in Evolution, so that's why I will give -1 to that idea. We can't exactly say if it will be that hard to implement but I don't think it worths do that since it looks like it will be complicated to do that which most likely won't really give any benefit. Anyway, thanks for the suggestion!

Posted Jul 4, 2020
    Rilau and Xukuwu like this.
  7. Hey dude.
    Even though this would be a nice change, I don't think it's necessary. For one, this would promote ghosting because people would be able to tell their friends the other person's kit, allowing them to alter their gameplay as necessary. For two, I doubt there are very many people in spectator during a game. Most of them would just search for a new game instead of staying on in that lobby (unless it's late at night or early in the morning).
    Overall, because of these reasons, I'm going to have to give this idea a -1.

Posted Jul 5, 2020
  8. This is a feature in every game other than Evolution so I don't think it's that much of an issue. If it was decided that being able to see kits in the spectator menu was an issue then it would be removed for every game.

Posted Jul 5, 2020
    SpyNinja__ likes this.
  9. Hey,

GI has discussed your idea and it has been approved for our Evolution Update Proposal. Because of this, I'll be marking this thread as "Processed". Please note that this does not guarantee implementation.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Posted Jul 23, 2020
    Xukuwu likes this.