• 1331 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3910 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Vote for MPs games (monthly for a week)

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by CupAWup, Sep 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I think there should be maybe a vote to bring back games from mps’s for a week, monthly. I think this would be fun for players who want to play in old games. If a game hit enough votes, then it would be temporarily added. Also, I think a game should give high rewards, maybe like 3x amount a normal game but it can’t be amplified.

Posted Sep 30, 2019
    Animalll and FirebornthePro like this.
  2. This is a lot like Classic Cow, which used to host a different removed game every week, but the thing is it wasn't updated often enough and didn't get too many players, so I'm unsure about this. You also voted every week in the Mineplex Discord too, which is sort of like what this is. Also it seems kind of weird to only have it for one week a month and then remove it and wait 3 more weeks for a new one to come. I'd be better if it just stayed for the entire month so that it'd give more of a chance for everyone to play it. Lastly I'm gonna disagree with buffing the rewards, sure it's an old game but then everyone would just play it for the rewards like Area 51 and it would not be balanced with the rest of the games rewards.

Posted Sep 30, 2019
    Xukuri likes this.
  3. Hello,
    I think that this is too similar to the classic cow. The classic cow program was a good idea in theory, and got a lot of support. However, where it fell short was in game. The new games filled up for a few hours at first, but then they would be rather empty for the rest of the duration of it. I would not necessarily be opposed to this being tried again, however, it would need to have some additional appeal to ensure it does not fail again. Also, with Halloween and Christmas coming up I don't think it would be optimal at this time. Thanks for suggesting this, but this is just too similar to the classic cow. It's gonna be a -1 from me. Have a nice day!

Posted Sep 30, 2019
  4. Heyo!

As Snowing already said, this was already a feature on one of Mineplex's old lobbies called the "classic cow". You could vote on Discord, but not in-game. At first the spike of activity was great, but as time went on and less played games were put into rotation, it sort of just died out. All MIN games are still in MIN, so this wouldn't be an issue. As for the rest of Normal and Hard games, a lot of them didn't have a very high player base and should just stick to MPS for now. I think the community has accommodated to the game standards, so as of now I don't think it would be the most beneficial update to renew on the network.

From MPS, there is a lot of old games not a lot of new players know and just games that aren't up to date. Another reason for removal of these games was due to not enough development time. When you have tons of games on a network but are only taking care of a few, maybe even less a month, there really isn't a point for keeping them. Maybe if Mineplex had more developers then I'd be more on your side with this, but for now I say leave it as is.

For the rewards, I think 3x is a bit excessive. The games already had somewhat balanced rewards, if not overpowered ones. If you take HOG for example, this gave thousands of experience for a few games, and a lot of shards and gems. Buffing these rewards wouldn't be good, even for a week.

Overall, I'll be leaving this at a -1 for now. Good suggestion however, I just don't think it's the appropriate time for these games to make a return. Have a good day!

Posted Sep 30, 2019
    Snowing_ likes this.
  5. Hey!

I love this idea. Even though it may be similar to the Classic Cow, the times are completely different. I remember when Classic Cow was out Mineplex didn’t have as many players on Java as they currently do now. For example, when I was on when Classic cow was the thing, Mineplex would have 200-250 players on weekdays. Now, Mineplex has 400+ players on weekdays when I am on. I think more players being on could make this type of project more effective and more people I think would play the game that has been voted in. I love the amplified rewards, since it gives players more of an incentive to play these games, making the games more popular. Overall, I think this is a great idea and I think something like this should’ve been done during the summer break, as there were many more players online, but I think the playerbase is large enough to support one of these games at least on weekends.

Edit: I am on at 5pm AEST onwards, which I believe is GMT+10.

Posted Sep 30, 2019
    CupAWup likes this.
  6. Snowing's post basically describes anything I'd say. It would also be kind of hard for players to stay up to date with it, because not all of them are in the MPD - and even so, they might not be available for the week it's being run. With that said, I don't think we'll be bringing back classic cow at this time. Let me know if you have any questions, but I'll be locking this idea for now. Thanks for the suggestion, though!
    Thread locked - not planned.

Posted Nov 14, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.