• 2318 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10756 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Wait Before Pinging Discord-Moderator

Discussion in 'Mineplex Guides' started by _Prof_, Aug 10, 2019.

1. This guide will be relatively short. Here are some things to do/check for before you ping Discord-Moderator in the Mineplex Discord. Some offences will be a little different than others. I would also like to add that users should evaluate if something if malicious/intentional before reporting. While I will not stop you from reporting for unintentional violations, it can be viewed as "scummy" by some people.

Inappropriate Discord username/profile picture/status:
    1. Check across all channels to see if others have already reported it. If a staff member has already warned them, do not tag, otherwise make sure to wait for them to finish typing.

If you are reminding staff about these offences, continue on here:

2. Check for mutual servers to see if they left or not.
    3. Make sure it has been 5 minutes.

Impersonation:

1. Screenshot their previous username/profile picture for evidence in case they change it.
    2. Check across all channels to see if others have already reported it. If a staff member has already warned them, do not tag, otherwise make sure to wait for them to finish typing.

Harassment:

1. Capture evidence of the victim being harassed the same way you just witnessed and them asking to stop.
    2. Check across all channels to see if others have already reported it. If a staff member has already warned them, do not tag, otherwise make sure to wait for them to finish typing.

Ban Evading:

1. Confirm that their usernames are similar or any other proof of their account ownership.

Everything Else:

1. Check across all channels to see if others have already reported it. If a staff member has already warned them, do not tag, otherwise make sure to wait for them to finish typing.

Posted Aug 10, 2019
    DeluxFTW and MythicalCake like this.
  2. Hey mate!

Super helpful guide you’ve made here, I can see you put a lot of effort in it. It is great you’re thinking about others and how you can help them out. I can see this benefiting a lot of new discord members, or people who don’t 100% understand the rules and how to report them to staff members. Really good job to you!

Posted Aug 11, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  3. Hey!
    This seems like a very helpful thread, as I don't see it discussed very much and this happening very often. I'm pretty sure most people would enjoy to have this for what to do if they encounter rule breakers on the Discord. In a more detailed version, seeing how to handle all of these situations would definitely also be very useful, but as for now this seems amazing. Keep up the great work!

Posted Aug 11, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  4. Hey there.

This is quite a helpful piece of work you’ve made right here. I see a lot of times users accidentally pinging Discord moderators when the suspect has been already dealt with so I believe this could help and benefit lots of people who are new to the discord server. I can also see that you’ve put in quite a lot of effort in making this guide 100% accurate and detailed so props to you for that.

Keep up the good work for the next time!

Posted Aug 11, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.