• 1395 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8832 Players Online
  • 7437 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

We are not challenged by anthing or anyone

Discussion in 'Survival' started by qxtz, Jan 2, 2021.

?

Do the mobs in survival mode challenge you?

1. Yes, they do!

4 vote(s)
    9.5%
  2. No, i can easily beat them!

12 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. Not really, they are just annoying.

26 vote(s)
    61.9%
  1. Certain items and blocks were removed because you can't get them in mineplex survival I've stated this so many times. I sound like a broken record. Those blocks you're talking about are illegal items so they got removed. Not taking fall damage because of you hacked in boots? Illegal item. Positions that don't let you die? Illgeal items. These gave you huge advantages. Normal players couldn't get these items without cheating them in or finding someone who would give them said items. They were removed for a very good reason. Those items were never meant to be part of our Survival Server and will never be added back.

Posted Jan 24, 2021
  2. I also feel like a broken record.
    I don’t know how long you played survival but if you played longer then ten minutes you should have all of the items your talking about. So how are they giving an advantage if everyone has it.
    I don’t know how many times I’ve said this but people saying this give this huge advantage. But what is the advantage not dying when your building? Not taking damage when you play spleef with your friends(that most have quit cause of the decline of survival)? Like I just don’t understand this huge advantage that these gave. Even if they did give an advantage everyone had it so the only people you have an advantage over is the mobs

Posted Jan 24, 2021
    thawazp and Pumpedpixel like this.
  3. Hello there!

I would like to help you out with your current issues with the Survival gamemode in the Bedrock server of Mineplex and I want to clear things out as clear as possible therefore I'm going to be explaining everything in detail on what you need to know and why.

First of all is the removed of illegal items in Survival, there are items in the Survival world that are removed for a few reasons, for the most part the reason is because players who are using toolbox hacks are spawning items that normal players can't get, things like beacons, dragon eggs, bedrock and everything else etc. If you are saying that everyone has those items you are very much incorrect, not all players in the Survival world has all of those overpowered spawned items. There are players who are very new to Mineplex Survival so the reason why it is an advantage is because players who are using toolbox, their advantage is that they can spawn illegal items that normal players can't get. The main reason why it is very unfair to normal players.

Now I seriously have no idea what you meant by not dying when you're building and not taking any damage when you play spleef, I don't ever recall survival having kind of like a spleef mini-game and I never saw any players who are playing spleef because it seriously has no reason whatsoever in the Survival server.

If you have anymore questions or concerns regarding to this situation, feel free to message back and I'll reply soon as I get to see them.

Posted Jan 24, 2021
  4. Me and a few of my friends made some spleef games cause there really wasn’t anything else to do. If spleef doesn’t belong in a survival server then what does? Surviving against the immense challenge of skeletons
    Also your sorta proving my point. You said new people don’t have the items and that’s why it’s unfair. So Mineplex should work on making the new people that will play for ten minutes then quit happy over the people that actually spend 100s of hours on there
    One of my friends was new to Mindplex so I had them do an experiment(I’ll get to the point). I told them to log on to survival and ask for a gbox(when they still existed) and boom within five minutes they had one. So my point here is that the normal players your were talking about didn’t have to hack or know a hacker to get the items.
    Wait so building has no reason to be in survival? I’m very confused then what you want us to do in it? Just stand around?

Posted Jan 24, 2021
    Pumpedpixel and yvuggu like this.
  5. I don't really see any point in this sentence, I do get the point that you are trying to make some fun games for your friends to enjoy with like spleef so I totally understand I'm just going to say that doing these kind of stuff is fine, also what do you mean by surviving by the immense of skeletons? Is there like some party of skeleton that's destroying your party?

Mineplex is already making a progress onto updating the Survival world, you'll just have to wait for it to be released. I also have no idea about players quitting after 10 minutes in the game, I mean there are just some players who quit because the game is boring or they just don't want to be in there and they'll just play other games, specifically players who are not interested in playing survival. About the players who are playing 100s of hours in there, I'm truly grateful that they like the game and they can hold onto their limits of waiting.

This is pretty much very common because I often run into players who are asking "What are g boxes?" in the chat and other players will have to describe what really is and that is the moment when the player is interested in getting one, do you think it's Mineplex's fault for having god boxes? We never intend to have any god boxes from the start and we never will, it's players who are spawning items and it's them, not us. You shouldn't blame us for this because we never wanted to spawn any items, you could just say that the players who are spawning items are the ones who are destroying the game. We want Survival to be fair for everyone and that means everyone should get the item that they want by working hard on it, not just by spawning items and giving it away to players, to be honest this is exactly the main reason why I want Survival to have a complete reset and that means wiping everything out and the best thing to do that is whenever Survival gets an update, but there's one thing that's hitting me inside. Players will get lonely after all of their hard work structures and items that they collected will be gone and I kind of understand these types of players and I don't want them to be lonely because all of their hard work disappears just because of that. God Boxes were never supposed to be a thing in the game, if God Boxes didn't exist, if spawning items didn't exist, we wouldn't be having this sort of problem.

I never said that building has no reason to be in survival, I'm just saying that why is there supposed to be a spleef game but I kind of understand that it's just for enjoyment so it's actually fine.

Posted Jan 24, 2021
  6. -snip-
    Okay I don’t know if I’m just bad at typing cause my points are not coming across. My point that whole time was that there really wasn’t an advantage cause most people have it. There I was proving how easy it was to get the said advantage. Another one of my points was that it only took five minutes. And that Mineplex would have changed the game for the people who played less the five minutes compared to the people that spent hundreds of hours

Posted Jan 24, 2021,
    Last edited by a Moderator Jan 28, 2021
    Pumpedpixel likes this.
  7. exactly, most of survivals og players left after they did the first reset and removed all the items that made survival fun and interesting. now it just feels like some water downed version of the original survival.

Posted Jan 25, 2021,
    Last edited by a Moderator Jan 28, 2021
    MaybeMulti likes this.
  8. Isn't that a problem though? If you obtain the best gear in Survival immediately in 10 minutes, that's not really Survival is it? If people are getting the best gear immediately, that looks like a problem and a clear red flag to me.

The items removed were items that were deemed unfair at the time. Items with impossible enchantments/NBT were removed or limited. If there was an block that you believe did not impact other players at all and was merely a building block that was removed. That was most likely a mistake, and if was, my apologizes. But there really isn't anything you can do about it. The developers can't just rollback or undo the change. You still have no way of obtaining the block now that Item Spawning is patched. Maybe I don't fully understand your comment here, I'm having a bit of trouble seeing the issue.

Again, the items that were removed were items/some blocks that were unobtainable/unfair in some aspect. Regarding resets, those only occur when major content updates happen. I can see why this has to happen, as that means new world generation, new features, a new world etc etc. If you're constantly using the same world over and over for each Survival season. That's very limiting. Regarding the water downed version of Survival. Yeah, I see what you mean. Survival is definitely lacking in content and it would be great to see more content updates for it.

Something I'd like to say before I end this message is that (and I implore anyone who has a problem with the items/blocks being blocked in Survival to read this) (and not just with this thread. There are other Survival threads that also have the same problem I'm about to state) complaining or attacking Mineplex for their Survival item changes does nothing. It doesn't do you any good, nor does it for developers. Once or twice, yeah. That's good for feedback, but if you're constantly just going to attack them, you really aren't helping anyone here. Let's say that they do undo the change. Okay, how do they do that? Rollback? We lose player progress. Give players items? That's not very Survival like is it? You can't obtain the blocks in Mineplex Survival normally can you? Why would you randomly give players items? Implement a shop? That's cool. But that takes development time and wouldn't you much rather have that spent on an actual full content update? Especially if a block shop isn't even something that will be implemented for Season 3 of Survival. It's counterproductive to develop something that's going to be removed. There's no point in bringing up the point that these items were removed if you can't undo it in a logical matter.
    Being overly negative isn't the way to go. (not that you all are, a lot of you guys are being really civil and that's great!) In terms of Bedrock, there definitely has been a lack of updates for Survival. Yeah, I see that too in the bedrock-changelog. Survival players haven't really had new content for a while and Item Spawning had allowed players to obtain all these wacky and cool things. But complaining about it isn't going to do you much. Because your underlying issue is that you just need a content update. That's cool! Yeah. I agree with you there. There's a lot of cools ways to go about helping out with planning this. For one, as Fallen stated earlier in the thread. You can ask him for a invite to Game Insights. Recently, Bedrock Game Insights has become more established and now has a bigger say in the development of games than before. (at least in my opinion) Another way, is to suggest new ideas on the forums rather than go out and attack what is already changed. Obviously I don't mean you can't criticize them. But for something like this, there's no undo button. If you do criticize them, it should be constructive and have suggestions on how to improve the server rather than just criticize them over and over with no remedy. Yeah, there definitely have been TONS of Survival suggestions over the past few years and I'm sorry that most of them haven't been implemented/responded to. (at least to my knowledge, that may have changed) Times are changing. A good example of this, is by taking a look at the bedrock-changelog. We're getting more consistent bug and content updates now than in the past and that's great! So as for saying that the developers don't care. I disagree there. They have a lot on their plate. Especially have a year or two of suggestions and bugs that need to be implemented/fixed and it definitely takes time to do so.
    I get it, yeah. Both sides sound like broken tapes, and it's a struggle. Survival definitely isn't great and it can definitely be improved. I think that's the general consensus here. Players are upset that some items/blocks were removed and can't be obtained anymore and other members are trying to remedy the situation and explain what I'm also trying to get across. But, if we just continue doing that, we aren't getting anywhere in content development. It's just bickering and that's not cool. It'll likely be a while until Survival does get a content update and I'm sorry. To be on the receiving end of that sucks. Yeah. But we only have one frontend Bedrock developer. Give him some slack. He's done wonderful work for the Survival since he was hired and you can see that reflected in both the server player count and the overall improvements/communications in the Bedrock community. I'm not saying that it's okay to just ignore Survival. Heck no. It's a gamemode that a lot of players love to play and the developers most likely share the same sentiment. It'll take time though and there's nothing you can do about that. But, when Survival does get a content update. It'll be a blast, I'm sure!
    My intention with this ramble was to get across the point that arguing/complaining about Survival losing items/blocks won't get you anywhere closer to fixing the main issue of just content. You can't undo the change easily right now since there's no way to obtain said items normally. If you want to give feedback on how they can improve future Survival updates. You should say what you want improved/implemented and when the time comes for Survival to get it's content update. Your voice will be heard. The main issue I see is that players want more blocks and variety to build with as well as a more challenging gamemode. Yeah, I agree! How would you go about making Survival more challenging? I feel that would be a great starting place. I feel that right now, Survival is oversaturated with endgame items that players don't really have to go through that entire process since they can just duplicate items or anything like that. (which will be fixed, yeah) Something I saw earlier in the thread was implementing the nether or end which I think is swell and a great idea to make Survival harder.

Ideally, it would be great if we could move past the constant argument of the items being removed and rather focus back on how to better the game itself with constructive feedback and suggestions.

Posted Jan 25, 2021,
    Last edited Jan 25, 2021
    Fusafez likes this.
  9. I don't think your seeing our point here, mineplex never listens to the community, if they did mineplex wouldn't be losing players and again you can see post after post on the forums backing up this claim, look at their java server for instance. it used to have 30k+ players at peak times, now it barley gets 1-4k. same can go with their bedrock server. the only reason this argument is going on is because its still a really big issue and Randoms keep joining in on the conversation. also, I know I've stated this before but mineplex goes months and even years without releasing an single update yet you see a brand new $1-5 skin pack on the marketplace every week. mineplex just needs to get their priority's straight instead of releasing a bunch of random microtransactions every week. and of course we are going to be frustrated, were tired of seeing this server heading in the wrong direction game modes like survival had so much potential yet the staff team doesn't take our ideas into count. we have been asking for things like claim sharing ,Redstone and other things countless times. and instead of adding in new content into survival they just remove various blocks and items

Posted Jan 25, 2021,
    Last edited Jan 25, 2021
    Fusafez and MaybeMulti like this.
  10. We are kind getting off topic about what this thread started out to be. It was if the mobs were challenging. The mobs aren’t. Then it deteriorated into mobs don’t give a challenge and survival isn’t fun but it used to be. But thanks for actually typing out a thread that sorta helps rather the one of the robotic ones by other staff. But like pumpedpixel said from the perspective of a player it just sort of seems like Mineplex doesn’t really care about what the player wants(I already know I’m about to get a lot of mods yelling at me and saying the same response that everyone gets when people say Mineplex doesn’t care. for that). And the bad thing is even when Mineplex rolls out this content update I feel like it would be too late to save survival. I feel like the thing people liked about survival was the slightly anarchist touch it had to it. People liked this so much I remember seeing a thread about making a whole anarchy game(which was said no to immediately which was probably the right response). This slight anarchy touch is what made Mineplex survival different from all the others. Now with this touch removed it just feels like restricted survival with a spammed chat. Another thing I feel people liked about survival was having friends to play with. If you meet cool friends the it would make survival funner. But if there’s a change that people don’t like then one person will leave which sets off a big chain reaction of people leaving cause there friends left and it’s not fun. Oh I just realized I kept getting more and more off topic so I’ll stop.

Posted Jan 25, 2021,
    Last edited Jan 25, 2021
    thawazp, Pumpedpixel and Fusafez like this.
  11. I disagree with this statement and feel that I have fully answered it. Although, yeah. We are getting off-topic from the original idea, so I'll DM you my response instead since I feel like I'd be a hypocrite to continue in this thread after I said not to. Edit: I encourage anyone shares the same beliefs or has any other concerns to also message me about it. We can go more in detail and hopefully we can reach a consensus about it.

It's kind of this feeling that I feel Mineplex is striving to stay away from as that would be more Factions which was a failed gamemode in the past.

Posted Jan 25, 2021,
    Last edited Jan 25, 2021
  12. So why can’t you spawn withers with wither skulls and soul sand? That doesn’t make any sense those items exist they are not spawn eggs or anything like that just normal items, again this straw man arguement where I say I want vanilla items and you say 32ks and hacked potions are illegal and made you overpowered when what I’m asking for is normal potions and normal eleytra and normal blocks and mobs drops there is nothing overpowered about it that’s Minecraft and those items belong in it and at least you admit that the only people you listen to our the minority who are either too young or not willing to learn the game and complain about it being too hard so they get babied but that doesn’t much sound like survival to me where players who can’t survive get the whole server changed to better suit them and other games removing potions makes sense but not in survival the base game of Minecraft where those should be craftable just like they are in solo there’s just no excuse for taking normal items away they don’t cause problems 32ks might but normal gear doesn’t and especially eleytra we have no means of transportation atm boats horses mine carts ice paths none of them work eleytra don’t hurt anyone I’m sure even the kiddies who you are all protecting want them as well

Posted Jan 28, 2021
    Fusafez, Pumpedpixel and MaybeMulti like this.
  13. Yes but why are we waiting hoping and begging that the vanilla blocks and items we had before will get added back in when there is no reason they should have ever been removed and if they are going to just put them back one day that just proves it even more

Posted Jan 28, 2021
  14. To an extent yes but the hackers still fly free while the players who follow the rules crawl the ground at a snails pace with no way to travel at a decent pace as every vanilla transportation method is disabled I play on console and never had access to any kind of hacks or exploits yet players like me and probably you too are the ones who are punished while people who hack are just given more advantage whereas in the past we vanilla players could easily protect ourselves and our builds from them it’s harder and harder now I report as many as I can and many of the mods in this forum already know that despite the responses they give mineplex has told them to close our threads and delete our post and give the same responses to everything we say it’s a shame too because some of the mods used to be pretty cool and members of the community who played survival and were seen in game all the time but seems those days are gone

Posted Jan 28, 2021
  15. how are dragon eggs overpowered how are beacons overpowered how are eleytra overpowered how are chorus plants overpowered how are players on console who can’t hack having anything to do with toolbox or spawned items how does any of this give you an advantage over anyone else what’s the benefit being able to have more block selection when building a base wow that is super op it’s this same straw man arguement that just honestly doesn’t make any sense to any rational human being every player had access to any of those items or they could trade the items they had for the blocks they needed that’s not called unfair advantage that’s called player interaction and engagement community and economy all of which have been destroyed also same as I said in the other thread your one of the only mods I’ve never once seen in survival so if you don’t play it why speak on it and tell those who do what’s best for them no one had any unfair advantage and no one is asking for overpowered items that are made by hackers all we want to do is play Minecraft on the only server that even offers it and used to have a better experience than anywhere on any platform

Posted Jan 28, 2021
  16. but why is mineplex striving to stay away from a feeling of community and friendship that doesn’t seem very reasonable to me you’d think having all the players and their friends and their friend and their friends interacting knowing each other and having fun together helping the new players and striving to do the best for everyone in the community would be a good thing I don’t get why it seems like that’s something staff are against do you just want a revolving door of player joining for their first day quitting on the second and never returning

Posted Jan 28, 2021
  17. I never said they were. I said they were striving to stay away from factions which has failed in the past.
    As for your other posts, I feel that the staff and some community members have already addressed those points multiple times both in this thread and previous threads.

Posted Jan 28, 2021,
    Last edited Jan 28, 2021
    xstr4fiingx likes this.
  18. Well one of my responses here was deleted don’t know which but it was smh

Posted Jan 29, 2021
  19. Also looks like the poll says players would like to have at the very least tougher mobs like the wither which are already possible to fight in the games current state with no spawn eggs or change needed besides enabling it, more mobs would be welcome as well But at the very least something that actually puts up a fight would be nice and that doesn’t take much to make a start just a suggestion

Posted Jan 29, 2021
    Pumpedpixel and MaybeMulti like this.
  20. Challenge is missing? You must not have met some mean players. I like the lame mobs. Let's me focas on my base and anti-grefing techniques. I dont have a small base. Always something going on. With players to always worry about. Mobs are fine the way they are. Also... I'm not a technical person. But I assume they're lame to help server speeds for so many people and everything that goes on.

Posted Feb 6, 2021
    MaybeMulti likes this.