• 1754 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10192 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Weapon Ladder | Nano Games

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by LaeiMou, Apr 16, 2019.

?

Thoughts on this game mode?

1. This can be a Nano Game

100.0%
  2. Needs some second thinking

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. This can never be a Nano Game

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Hello, everyone. Earlier I was going on a "Blessed Run" on one of my favorite games, Enter the Gungeon. What a Blessed Run is is that when you deal a certain amount of damage or run out of ammo, your weapon changes. As this happened after my return to Mineplex, it gave me an idea. I present to you a new Nano Games idea: Weapon Ladder

...or Kill Ladder, Weapon game, however you like to call it

~=~Rules and Gameplay~=~

Everybody starts with diamond swords, and works their way down all the way to a wooden shovel. Why do we go from the most powerful weapon to the least? For balance reasons, obviously. Like how in CoD Gun Game, your weapon starts firing slower and slower until you're left with a knife. Everyone will have no armor. This ensures that the weaker weapons are still viable. If you somehow manage to kill someone with your fist, they go back two levels, similarly to when you knife someone in CoD they go back one level. If you die via fall damage, you will lose one level as well. The first to get a kill with a wooden pickaxe would win the match.

This would be the overall weapon ladder: Diamond Sword > Diamond Axe > Iron Sword > Diamond Pickaxe > Iron Axe > Stone Sword > Diamond Shovel > Stone Axe > Golden Sword > Wooden Sword > Golden Axe > Wooden Axe > Golden Pickaxe > Wooden Pickaxe > Golden Shovel > Wooden Shovel

~=~Map Size and Map Rules~=~

Maps will be small to ensure fast and quick matches. Not on the scale of Micro Battles, say, but not as big as the scale of Super Smash Mobs maps, either. I'd make a few prototypes, and I will, but I'll showcase them another time. Maps will always be in 48x48 blocks on the X and Z axis. Y scale can vary. There will never be a void below the player. There will always be a floor to walk and die on.

And that's all for this idea thread. Let me know what you think in the poll attached to this thread. Thank you for reading.

Posted Apr 16, 2019,
    Last edited Apr 16, 2019
  2. I've seen something like this before, and you can find that thread here. I like this idea in general, and you can view my thoughts on it in that thread.

Posted Apr 16, 2019
  3. Huh, I had a feeling someone beat me to it.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 16, 2019
  4. Ya, by only a few weeks though.

Posted Apr 16, 2019
  5. I really like this idea!
    do you mean wooden shovel?

Posted Apr 16, 2019
    Acerna likes this.
  6. Yep, my bad.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 17, 2019
    cerns likes this.