• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6615 Players Online
  • 3725 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Weekend Brawl

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Young_Inventor, Jun 17, 2020.

?

Would You Like To See The Weekend Brawl Return In This Format?

1. Yes

50.0%
  2. Maybe

33.3%
  3. No

16.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. There has been some talk recently about the Weekend Brawl. I want to add it back, but not in the same way it originally was. Here is my idea:

The Weekend Brawl can't happen every weekend. As sad as this is, it would be impossible. The developers can't make a new Weekend Brawl game every week. Also, it is hard to come up with ideas for the Weekend Brawl, so I think it should only happen once a month. This would give developers enough time to make these games, and they won't run out of ideas. I think all game variations used previously in the Weekend Brawl could be used again because it has been a long time since the Weekend Brawl.

Here are some ideas I had for some Weekend Brawl games:

20v20 Cake Wars
    Mega Battles (Micro Battles with 10 people per team, with larger maps, and slower corruption.)
    Mine-Strike TDM (10v10)
    Insane SSM (SSM with 8 players, items with special abilities, Winner determined by who has the most kills at the end of the game, and Infinite lives. Sudden Death if two people have the same amount of kills at the end of the game.)

Note: For games with 40 players players should immediately be put in a lobby, and the lobby will have timed parkour courses, a Gladiators arena, and a Floor is Lava area, so players don't get bored.

Posted Jun 17, 2020
  2. I like this idea, but even if its a monthly event I worry that it may become boring for players. It will become expected and gradually it will become boring like it did once before.

Developing a monthly weekend brawl may still impact dev time depending on the game. Players would expect bigger and better events due to the time between them, contributing to players becoming bored of the event. If a bug was to occur you'd get players complaining that there was a month for it to be tested. I'd rather the time be spent developing quality games or fixing existing bugs.

If Weekend Brawl was to ever return, making it a much less frequent event would be more successful I believe. Perhaps seasonally such as a winter weekend brawl. This would allow the event to become a huge weekend activity for players. Other events could happen on the server at the same time such as double xp (depending on how much xp the game provided). If timed correctly e.g. during the summer or winter holiday, many players who previously left the server may be interested in returning to play the unique event.

Posted Jun 17, 2020
    0775 and Im_Ken like this.
  3. Weekend Brawl was one of my favourite things to play on the server back when it existed. It was a very creative concept, with things such as the gem fountain, and the fact that some exclusive gamemodes could only be played within the brawl itself, such as Champions GLD and Minestrike SG. I would love to see it come back, although I don't know if that is a possibility at the moment with our development resources being focused in other areas. I also think that the time between the occurrence of these events should be increased in order to allow for more planning, development and testing of these specific games; I would have to agree with BreezeBlockss' suggestion of seasonal games. I would like to see the Gem Fountain be incorporated somehow, as it gives an incentive for players to spend their gems.

Posted Jun 17, 2020
    0775 likes this.
  4. The Weekend Brawl games don't require any new assets to develop. There may be some delay between dev time, but nothing too long.

If it is going to be seasonal, then why not just get rid of it? There is no point to having the Weekend Brawl as a seasonal event. It makes more sense devs make unique seasonal events, then have the Weekend Brawl as one. There would be no point of the Weekend Brawl if it only happened 4 times a year. If it needs to be less frequent, maybe happening every other month, that could work, but having a seasonal Weekend Brawl is pointless and shouldn't be added.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 17, 2020
  5. Hey,
    I do agree that something like this should be added, but I just feel like not enough people will be interested in it. I just think after a while, people will stop attending it because they'll just be like oh, here's a new game. Who cares? Now, if this were an event that took place every couple months, it would work. Maybe it also be like, if fifty million gems were donated, they bring back a that weekend into the lobby or something.
    Overall, I give this idea a +0.5.

Posted Jun 18, 2020
  6. Hey!

Sorry for the late reply >.<
    Unfortunately, as much fun as Brawl was back in the day, there is no consideration of bringing Brawl back in the near future as can be seen in this thread.

As such, I will be marking this as "Not Planned" as well as locking this thread.

Thank you for sharing!

Thread Locked >> Idea Not Planned

Posted Aug 4, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.