• 2323 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4902 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Weekend games

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Jango_55, Apr 27, 2019.

?

Should this happen

1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    88.9%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. That would be difficult, and then people's favorite games wouldn't be played if they wern't available

Posted Apr 29, 2019
  2. I'd prefer a revamp of Weekend Brawl or the Classics Cow, but I think this is a fine alternative. +0.5

Posted Apr 29, 2019
  3. Greetings!

I'd actually really like to see Mineplex bring back a few of their older games in limited durations. It would promote playing on the network over the weekends and could add an interesting dash of variety over peak times. Temporarily allowing the community to play removed game modes could also demonstrate to Administration that they could consider bringing back certain games, such as the long-mourned Wizards.

This idea is fun and it would cost very little to implement-- I love it! Keep up the posts!

Posted Apr 29, 2019
  4. Hey there!

Sorry it has taken us some time to get back to you on this, but unfortunately, we do not plan on bringing back removed games each weekend. A similar thread was denied here, but I'll go over what the gist of it was here, too.

For the players, yes, it would be some fun. Seeing some of the older games come back temporarily would be fun for the players for that weekend. It would bring some nostalgia back to these players of what Mineplex was like with some of these removed games. Additionally, it could also add some variety that we have not seen in some time, but the cons to this idea definite outweigh the benefits.

Players would soon become bored of these games. If a different removed game was brought back every weekend, eventually there would be many repeat games, so players would eventually stop playing these games. This then goes against what the purpose of this was and instead can start decreasing the amount of people that were playing these games.

Additionally, all of these games were removed for a reason. Either there were too many bugs with it, not enough players, etc, it would take a lot of work for our develops to fix up a new game every weekend for our players to enjoy. For some of the games that did not have enough players, I really do not see it making sense for us to bring it back since there would not be enough people to justify bringing it back and spending the developer time on something so limited.

In the end, it really does not justify spending precious developer time on something that would be so limited. While it could be fun, players would soon get tired of the games after a certain amount of time. Because of that, I'll be marking this has "Not Planned." If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to send me a PM. If you have any new ideas, feel free to create a new thread!

Posted Dec 11, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  5. ...

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 12, 2019