• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9333 Players Online
  • 6443 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Weekly Immortals COM MCS's

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Loofii, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Hi there! Currently the Immortals com, an ingame community that all Immortal-ranked players are added to, is an interesting concept that lacks a lot of actual use. While some discussion does occur in that chat throughout the day, none of it is in-depth and many players often can be seen asking if they can leave the com. Additionally, the MCS feature that coms have is often underutilized. As such, I have a proposition to liven up both the Immortals com and the MCS feature.

Every week, most likely on Saturday or Sunday, the Immortals com should have an MCS which all Immortals ranked players may join. The player limit of the MCS would naturally be increased compared to other MCSes, given that Immortals is a humongous com, and perhaps similar to Event servers there could be the implementation of nonstandard gamemodes, or nonstandard attributes implemented within gamemodes.

I feel that this idea would not only put a use to the MCS function but also give purpose to the Immortals com, as well as adding another "exclusive" perk to the Immortals rank that would perhaps encourage more players to become an Immortal.

Posted Mar 28, 2020
  2. Hey!

Not sure about this idea. While it does seem cool for Immortals to have their own event, I don't think it is really needed. But I'm fine with it getting added, I just think Mineplex shouldn't deal with this now. It would make the Immortal community have a better purpose. But then again we already have an event almost every week for the whole server. So if this were added, it would be best to start it whenever the main event is not happening or after it. And I would make sure enough players will actually join in which I'm sure they will.

Overall, I like the idea but I don't think Mineplex needs to add this anytime soon. So I give it a +1

Posted Mar 28, 2020
  3. I think that this is probably quite far off where it should be in terms of dev time (as in there are higher priorities than something like this), but I like the idea. I think that it would maybe encourage more Immortals to play around with communities and it could provoke other people to subscribe to the rank and more people just to come together and play the game. Maybe we could make them like custom style games with game mode or some kind of crazy stats to them? That would be really fun!​

Posted Mar 28, 2020
    ClassyOwl and ItsFree like this.
  4. Hey!

I think this is a really good idea for getting people to enjoy an extra exclusive event, however there are a few major problems I see with this. For starters, in order for events to run properly and be beneficial to the community somebody experience would need to run them. Ideally, this would be a member of the Event Squad team however they are already quite busy with the planning and implementation of the events that already take place.

On top of this, there's the issue of different time zones as well. Not everyone would always been able to attend this event, hence why there are three different regions for normal events on the server. In order to include everyone multiple events would need to be held at different time zones and I feel that would be a bigger stress on the people running the event than it needs to be.

Aside from these two problems, I really see no issue overall with the concept and would actually enjoy seeing this. I think it's a solid idea to bring the immortal community together.

Posted Mar 28, 2020
  5. I think that was the plan with the com originally, or at least you can kinda guess/assume it would be. It would be fun for immortals to have some kind of event, maybe not weekly though. Perhaps monthly? It would only really work if there weren't any custom games, or at least an admin around to set them.
    As for issues with timezones, if it were at a time neutral to all timezones (not too early/late), it would work out in that way. However, the problem with weekends is it might interfere with karaoke, so I'm not too sure about that.

Posted Mar 30, 2020
    cowboydrew likes this.
  6. Dw, If I'm accepted I'll be there ;)

Posted Mar 30, 2020
    cowboydrew likes this.
  7. Like @Oscaros_ said this feature is likely a low priority in terms of development resources, but I think this would be a fantastic use for the Immortal players' community and would love to see it implemented.

Posted Mar 30, 2020
    Oscaros_ and Loofii like this.
  8. Hey!

I honestly have nothing against this being implemented but I do have a couple of questions/concerns. For starters, who would be running this com? Throwing a bunch of immortals into an MCS with no actual leader could easily descend into chaos. I was thinking possibly a member of events assistance but I'll leave that up to you.

Secondly, I'm afraid that it may get too repetitive if it is open too frequently. It will be very exciting at first and I imagine many players will join but after a few months or even weeks that hype would eventually die out. I think that the frequency of the MCS should decrease from twice a week to possibly once every two weeks. That way, when it is on more players will join. If these issues are addressed then I think it will make for a great implementation!

Posted Mar 31, 2020
  9. For your first concern, the Immortals com is already created and Immortals automatically join, so presumably one of the staff members with the Co-Leader role would be running the MCSes.

For your second point, I totally understand the lesser frequency argument, and I'm not strongly for or against it being at exactly one week. Two weeks or even a monthly event are also equally good options in my mind.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 31, 2020
    CrazyOfTim likes this.