• 3750 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 12077 Players Online
  • 8327 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Weekly Rewards, No Rank monthly rewards

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Dani2575, Feb 20, 2020.

Tags:
  1. I think that Mineplex should add more bonuses to no ranks like Weekly rewards and monthly rewards for no rank
    Monthly reward for no rank should be:1 Ancient Treasure
    Weekly Bonus:No rank: 1 Old Treasure
    Ultra:1 Old Treasure + 1000 Shards
    Hero 1 Old Treasure + 2500 Shards
    Legend: 1 Ancient Treasure
    Eternal: 1 Ancient Treasure + 2500 Shards
    Immortal: 1 Mythical Treasure

Posted Feb 20, 2020
    Cardyceps likes this.
  2. I do agree that people without a rank should get some type of rewards every month. Since its way harder for people without ranks to get cosmetics. On the other hand, I don't agree with the weekly rewards. I think the monthly rewards are fine.

Posted Feb 20, 2020
  3. I don't think adding rewards for non-ranked players is a good idea. There's different ways for players to get chests and shards, such as through winning contests/giveaways, winning event prizes, etc. I also think weekly rewards is a bit much - monthly rewards are fine (and a little better). Also, your proposed rewards for immortal are higher than eternal currently? Eternal is technically the highest rank, though Immortal is a subscription; I think that would need to be edited. But in general, I don't agree with this. -1

Posted Feb 20, 2020
  4. Not that big of a fan of weekly rewards. I feel like they would be given too often, especially considering the fact that we already do daily rewards for everyone. Like mentioned above, there are other methods to obtain shards/chests besides relying on delivered rewards.

However, I wouldn’t mind seeing a monthly reward for non-ranked players. I think it would encourage people to hop on the server a little more, and it would be a nice reward which everyone is able to get.

Posted Feb 20, 2020
  5. I definitely get that it can be a bit frustrating for no-ranks in regards to shards and bonuses, because getting cosmetics is a slow and grueling process. Unfortunately though, I don't think there is a great way to solve this problem.

Weekly bonuses, for example, just can't work. Higher ranks get less frequent and worse bonuses than this one, so it just wouldn't make sense. You would need to implement bonuses for all ranks higher than No Rank as well, boost them up, or nerf these, and those ranks already have an issue with how easy it is to get shards and such. Unfortunately, it just wouldn't make sense to.

The idea has some merit, though. A monthly bonus of a single ancient treasure isn't a poor idea. I don't personally think that the marketing team would go for it, as one of the big things is "buy a rank for monthly bonuses," and this takes away from that, however it's worth a try.

Overall I get where you're coming from with the idea, but it just doesn't seem feasible to me.

Best Regards,
    - Fallen

Posted Feb 20, 2020
    Sickle likes this.
  6. Hey!

I actually quite like the idea of giving the default rank monthly bonuses, especially because the reward is so small. It gives them an incentive to log on to the server every month and claim their reward. Plus, because the reward is so minor, it may encourage them to buy a rank to unlock better bonuses.

However, I'm not too keen on the weekly rewards. The monthly bonus gives you better rewards even if you claim your weekly reward every week, making it seem kind of pointless. We also already have daily rewards and monthly rewards, and I think that adding weekly rewards may be a bit of overkill. We also want to keep rare cosmetics moderately difficult to obtain. Overall, it's a +0.5 from me, thanks for the suggestion!

Posted Feb 20, 2020
    isaac™ likes this.
  7. Didn't think of them that way. +1 to Monthly Basic Rewards, but I'd like it if when a No Rank claimed their reward it said "Upgrade your rank at bla bla bla for better rewards" (maybe not verbatim haha)

Posted Feb 20, 2020
    Crazyy_Tim likes this.
  8. I personally think there could be a small reward for anybody for logging onto the server every day that week. I think the reward could be a few hundred XP and an old chest. The reward won't be game-changing but it will be an incentive to log in every day of the week.

Posted Feb 20, 2020
    ClassN likes this.
  9. Hello!

I do not feel as if rewards for non-players, whether it's weekly or monthly, should be added. Just like stated above me, there are alternative ways to earn shards, gems, and chests. If this were added, these players with no ranks could, potentially, be getting rewards for doing nothing. Playing games to earn rewards is one thing, but just receiving rewards for no reasons is kind of pointless. Players with ranks earn rewards because they wanted to buy a rank to get all their perks that the rank has. While some people feel like something like this should be added since these players would be coming back and back to the server, they could dedicate themselves to the server by playing games and earning rewards that way instead. And, as stated above also, there is already a daily rewards system for the players who continue to keep coming back on the server, so this would be another way to earn rewards for non-rank players, as well. Saying all of this, there are many alternatives for non-rank players to receive rewards by daily rewards, playing games, doing missions, etc. Seeing these alternatives being a good amount for non-rank players, rewards wise, I will be giving this idea a -1. Thanks for suggesting!

Posted Feb 20, 2020
    ShutUpMyChild :) likes this.
  10. I do agree that non-ranked players can have a low monthly reward such as an old chest, it's not that much of a reward and would still be appealing to many players especially ones that are new to the server. However, I don't agree with increasing the rewards for other ranks. The monthly reward for each rank is based on its value. You can see that Immortal has the most rewards since it's technically the highest rank even though it's just a subscription, its rewards include all the eternal rewards (1 Omega Chest, 2 Illuminated Chests, & 2 Mythical Chests) and 1 Omega Chest, 2 Basic Game Amplifiers, 3 Treasure Party Bombs, 1 Clans Supply Drop and 24h Double XP Boost. I don't see a benefit in increasing this further.

Overall, I agree with you on the idea that non-ranked players can receive a low monthly reward such as an old chest, however, I don't see the benefit in adding more rewards for other ranks that currently receive rewards based on the rank's value.

Posted Feb 21, 2020
    isaac™ likes this.
  11. I completely agree that non ranked players should have some type of reward. This is because it is very harder for you to have more shards than ranked players. However, I don't think that the rewards should be higher than a Ancient Chest.

Posted Feb 21, 2020
  12. Hey! Like most people I think weekly is too often. Mineplex has always done monthly bonuses so why change it now? But, I agree that non-ranked players should get some type of small bonus. I don't see any point in changing the current bonuses since they work fine and people are happy with the bonuses. Also, it can be hard for non-ranked players to gain a lot of shards to buy chests because of the percentage increase other ranks get. So, I'm going to agree with this being added. However, instead of weekly bonuses, they stay as monthly and the current rewards don't get changed since they're fine.

Posted Feb 21, 2020
  13. im a duke so idk

Posted Feb 21, 2020
    isaac™ likes this.
  14. Hey there!

I have to agree with @ddgolfer04 on this one. Although it could be useful for old players returning to Mineplex again, it's unnecessary to add rewards to players who are not even playing. I assume that the rewards for non-ranked players would be low anyway, and they would get better rewards by actually playing games, doing missions, etc. Getting an old treasure every month is not a reward that would bring old and new players back anyway, and if we were going to get new players back by giving out weekly/monthly rewards, it wouldn't be any point in buying ranks at all. For a normal player without a rank, you don't have to play for a long time until you can purchase an old treasure or even an ancient treasure.

I think it's much better and much more fun to do missions and actually play on the server to get rewards. So I'll give this a -1.

Posted Feb 21, 2020
  15. Heyo!

I'm not a big fan of this idea myself and I guess I'll explain why. I don't really like the idea that people without ranks gets rewards as like @Bunni stated, there's other ways for them to get rewards, and yes it may be harder but it kind of gives people a purpose to buy ranks besides all the cool perks that come along with the rank. I also don't think weekly rewards are a good idea as Monthly Rewards are good enough and in my opinion, better. So I'm going to have disagree with both of these ideas.

~Cheers!
    -spikecreates

Posted Feb 21, 2020
    isaac™ likes this.
  16. One thing to consider is that, when you give very frequent/week rewards, they lose their "excitement" and value much faster.

Posted Feb 21, 2020
    Sickle likes this.
  17. Hello,
    As others have said, I understand that unranked players may get frustrated not getting any bonus, but getting monthly bonus chests is one of the key ways ranks incentive purchases right now. No matter how you perform in game, you will always get a nice bonus at the end of the month. As stated above as well, there are other ways to get bonuses/prizes as an unranked player, so at least they have some options. I also really like the point @Fallen™ brought up about the excitement of monthly rewards. Getting a large amount of rewards after an entire month of playing feels very rewarding and refreshing, while simply getting it every week would start to feel more routine and expected. Lastly, I noticed that the new reward amounts you proposed diminish the rewards of the higher ranks greatly. I think it is important to have a larger gap between each ranks rewards so that the value and perks of each rank is clearly laid out separate form one another. Thank you for suggesting this and bringing up your concerns, but I just do not think a change like this would be beneficial. For these reasons, I will be giving a -1 to this idea. Have a nice day!

Posted Feb 23, 2020
    isaac™ likes this.
  18. Unfortunately, I feel the majority of people who responded to the thread thus far are missing the point. The point of giving no-ranks monthly/weekly rewards shouldn't be to measure up in some fashion to the rewards that premium-ranked players get; it should be to incentivize one or both of the following things: playing on the server every day and/or buying a rank so your rewards improve- both things that are indisputably good for the server as a whole.

With that being said, I'm absolutely for this idea, though I will admit there's room for balancing and perhaps making a better system for this altogether. Let me explain.

What I suggest is the developers incorporate "weekly" rewards (and perhaps monthly bonuses, too) into a broader "daily rewards" system. If you've ever played mobile games before, which I'd bet is the majority of people reading this, many of them have a system where if you login each day, you're given a reward- it's often different and at least a little better than the last reward. If you miss a day of logging in, you can't collect the next one, and you start over; this model isn't uniform for every single game of course, but it's the one I see most frequently. That's what I suggest happens here. Every day, you're given a daily reward, as normal, and the next day, it improves slightly, as normal. At the end of the week, you're given a "weekly reward" that is the best reward of that week, but only if you completed every previous day. Odds are that the rewards reset week-to-week to prevent total insanity. At the end of the month, you're given your monthly bonus as usual (and perhaps with an additional bonus if you completed every previous day of that month). Like I said earlier, this incentivizes players to play every day, and if they want to increase their rewards and potential to earn cosmetics, they can buy a rank. No-ranks, ranks, and the Mineplex team benefits from this in my opinion. To add on to this idea even further, you could merge this with missions and you can make ranked players get small bonuses from daily/weekly rewards (greater shard earning percentage, exponential bonus increases for each day completed, etc.).

Even though people who pay for ranks directly support the server, it's not just them that are important, and I don't think we should shove aside any idea for rewarding non-ranked players as people have done here. They provide the backbone for the playerbase. Games wouldn't be able to run without them, and MP would have never reached notoriety, either. I'm not saying load shards/chests/cosmetics on them like crazy, but it's okay to be generous. OP's idea is worth considering.

Posted Feb 24, 2020