• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8351 Players Online
  • 5461 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Welcome 2020!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by xailia, Jan 1, 2020.

?

How was your 2019? (comment about it)

1. Good!

9 vote(s)
    40.9%
  2. Great

6 vote(s)
    27.3%
  3. Could be better

7 vote(s)
    31.8%
  4. terrible

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. I don't know why, but it feels like 2019 was just yesterday.

Posted Jan 1, 2020
  2. 2019 was an awesome year. i loved all the memes that came out, i had a ton of fun on mc bedrock, and my favorite game called minecraft has revived. i am looking forward to 2020 :)))

Posted Jan 1, 2020
    xGetRekted likes this.
  3. I have to admit, 2019 was not the bets year for me. I struggled a lot with school and personal problems. I did enjoy my time spent with friends online and irl, though. They were the ones who pulled me through the year. It feels like I would not be in 2020 without them. (@WinteryOsprey38, @DanTrains222, @ScarletBlood37, @Klobby, @WowCaleb, @Thenorn, @Unknitsunnn @Strafer303, @FluteVegetables, @NothinButNetYT, @°3°, @KerbalBoy, @q Brook p, @Halestorm2015, and so much more) I had an awesome year playing some of my favorite games on my favorite server. You guys truly inspire me to do what I do, and you guys make me a better person each day. I am a little sad to see the year go, as well as the decade. It feels like my memories are fading.. but I won’t let them go. Nothing good lasts forever though, so I must say goodbye to 2019. Thanks for the memories <3

Posted Jan 1, 2020
    Korben, Thenorn, Klobby and 8 others like this.
  4. 2020, holy cow. I really don't think I'll be getting used to writing 2020 or 2021, 2022, 2023, etc. It's been engraved into my mind to write the current year starting with 201 and then a number. Hopefully, I'll be more productive in the upcoming year as I'm in the last two years of high school. @[email protected]
    Out of curiosity, do you guys make new years resolutions and keep them? I keep forgetting about them. xD

Posted Jan 2, 2020
    M4RK7000 and xGetRekted like this.
  5. Hey!

Wow, 2019 has gone already.. I seriously can clearly remember thinking around this time last year that 2018 has flew and I was very excited to jump into 2019 to see what it held for me. Overall, this year was pretty average for me, with a few exceptions. I had a couple of rough patches which I mainly overcame, and for the last few months of the year, I joined the Mineplex Staff team which was a great accomplishment for me! I did also manage to loose 15kgs and become a lot more active during the middle of the year and near the end. 2020 is here, and it truly doesn't feel like the start of a new decade, but here we are..

I hope everyone has a great year ahead, and I'm very curious to see what this year will hold for me, my family/friends and Mineplex.

Posted Jan 2, 2020
    M4RK7000 and xGetRekted like this.
  6. Hey!

it's hard to believe that it is already 2020, 2019 flew by for me, and It feels like all the memories I made in 2019 happened yesterday! Heres to a good 2020!

Posted Jan 2, 2020
    M4RK7000 likes this.
  7. This year was probably the most wild one for me yet. This includes both, Mineplex and real life. Some parts were over in what felt like an instant while others was like an eternity.

I was able to get accepted onto the Map Testing Team and Ideas Team, my first two ever sub-teams. I had a blast on both while it lasted because the stint was short-lived. For me, I can get a bit too over the top about reputation. I never go into the details about resignations in publicity so I will leave it like that. Some friends were gained this year and all share common interests in terms of the Mineplex network. There are some more positives and negatives in which I am either not allowed to or uncomfortable with sharing.

Real life was much better, for the first half of 2019. I was playing on my premier competitive A team for ice hockey and did not expect to excel so much as a freshman, scoring at almost a rate of a goal per game. I had a stacked team and our goal differential in 50 regular season and 15 tournament games was +94 and only lost 13 games. In May, we would become playoff champions in province. This season has also helped me form new friendships with my teammates who went to the same school. Last school year, my life was okay at best there as subjects I like carried my average while English, as usual, sabotaged it. In late August, I would try out and make the cut for my town's AA hockey team. This year, is not going as successfully because we are 23-14-8 in all of our games. I also in a slump with just 3 goals in my last 15 games, better break out of it soon. At school, I am not doing so hot with just an 80 average in courses I should be able to tackle with ease.

I hate to end the year in this fashion. My frustration is multiplying like an enlargening snowball accelerating down a hill. It has gotten to a point where I am tempted to snap a pencil every time I get a bad grade back (my standards) or a stick every time my shift does not produce a goal. I tried to take a break from Mineplex and just focus on life a few weeks ago but that actually just made matters worse so my return was necessary for myself.

Putting these last few months behind will not be easy but I wish myself and everyone else the best for 2020!

Posted Jan 2, 2020
    xGetRekted likes this.
  8. 2019 is gone, and to be honest glad it did, it wasn't the best year for me either, but, I'm glad for the things that came out of the year, me becoming a Trainee / Moderator for Mineplex was one of the best feelings I've had in a long time so I'm glad I had that chance. I also am glad I got to know the friends I know as well (too many to name) let's see what 2020 brings! :)

Posted Jan 2, 2020
  9. Awwwwww tysm! I know this sounds really cliche but you can make new memories because your friends will always be around. It really has been great being your friend even if I haven't been your friend for that long, but in this short amount of time you have been a nice person to be around and I can't wait to get to know you better!

Posted Jan 2, 2020
    xGetRekted likes this.
  10. It's sad to see that 2019 already gone which means we already passed our final decade. I feel like 2020 is like I'm in the future now, and this year is going to be very different. The new generations will come by anytime sooner, and I feel little regret of missing 2019 because of the perfect memories I have done way back in the last Spring. I remember getting promoted to Forum Ninja on May 12, 2019 was one of my best moments I have on Mineplex.

Now in 2020, my 4 years on the staff are coming up in 3 weeks! I feel a little nervous, but very exciting because I've been part of this journey for a long time! My friends will be so happy about my Phamtastical anniversary! :)

Posted Jan 7, 2020
  11. 2019 was fun. If I'm going to be honest, I remember more of what I did online than what I did offline during 2019, and I don't regret it at all! I made several online friends this year, and joined the best minecraft server ever (Mineplex) this last year. I can't wait to see what 2020 brings, hopefully more memories of online, and tbh I really don't care about what goes on irl cause its mostly stupid middle school XD.

Posted Jan 7, 2020
  12. Heyo!
    It's actually really emotional for me since my last grandfather died this time last year around this month. It was very sad and my mother was very upset. I have one more grandma alive and that's the last person I could title "Grand relative" in my family, but enough of the depressing stuff. 2019 was actually pretty decent apart from those few bits I just mentioned. I made a ton of new friends In-School and online! It's kinda spooky to be writing 2020 in the dates lmao. However, I also got further in my applying for staff career AKA it got denied for a recent punishment and not lack of detail. I went abroad for Christmas, optionally and it was actually really bad. I got sick and my bro had a viral infection. Other than those few things, my 2019 was actually pretty decent! I look forward to reading everyone else's experiences and reviews of their 2019!
    Ta Ta,

Posted Jan 7, 2020
  13. Overall my 2019 was definitely good. The entire year was my first year of being an MA which was quite a big thing for me on the staff team and I loved it! There were also lots of changes in my school and me being accustomed to things like my GCSEs and big exams - they are very strict about them.

I think my highlights have been the summer holidays and this Christmas was also a great way to end off the year. I'm super hype for my 3rd decade alive now and to see what comes, additionally, I am 1 month and 2 days (as of today) from hitting my 2 years as a staff member here - which is awesome!

Thank you for the nice thread, here's to a good 2020.​

Posted Jan 7, 2020
    yulufi / Sean likes this.