• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2579 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Welcome Winter! | 0:00 | US

Discussion in 'Events' started by Bunni, Jan 7, 2020.

Added to Events Calendar for dates: 01/09/20
  1. [​IMG]
    It's a new year, with a new event season! Join us in welcoming winter in this special event. Why is it special, might you ask?
    After stumbling across this event idea thread by @Danese, I thought it might be cool for you all to suggest some fun games we could play in this event! We'll choose some of our favorites and they may be featured in the event.
    Keep in mind, we have some limitations:
    We can't play games completely removed from the network.
    There are certain things we can't do, like play dragons without the dragons. They'll just keep spawning; no way to disable them.
    We need to limit mob spawning, generally, for our games. So no crazy amounts of mobs, please!
    Same with item spawning like giving a load of TNT in bomb lobbers or snowballs in snow fight - we need to be careful not to crash the server.
    1.9+ potions and things aren't possible - it'll crash anyone on a lower version.
    If I can think of anymore, I'll definitely add it.

These suggestions could be things like Bacon Brawl with a knockback item of your choice, King & Queen bridges where we choose an ice queen/king, etc. It's up to anyone who wants to submit an idea!
    It'll be hosted this Thursday 1/09/2020 at 7 PM EST on /server EVENT-1. Join us as we welcome the winter event season!​

Posted Jan 7, 2020
    Specy, xGetRektedx, Coyly. and 7 others like this.
  2. 1.Turf wars, but every bow has infinity
    2.cake wars, but everyone has strength 10
    3.sky wars, but everyone gets jump boost 2 and speed 2
    4.the bridges but everyone has absorption 10

Posted Jan 7, 2020,
    Last edited Jan 7, 2020
    Bunni and Im_Ken like this.
  3. Love this! It's amazing to see you guys at ES asking the community to suggest some ideas for the next event! My suggestion would be bomb lobbers with jump boost. I think it would spice things up and it would be something interesting to see on the event! Can't wait to see what ES picks for the next event in the end!

Posted Jan 7, 2020
    Bunni likes this.
  4. oop unfortunately we can't edit the kits in games like that, we could give a bunch of arrows though?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 7, 2020
    wattywatty14 likes this.
  5. That would probably work

Posted Jan 7, 2020
    Bunni likes this.
  6. I hope I can join! My event idea is Skywars, but everyone has an inventory full of snowballs

Posted Jan 7, 2020
    wattywatty14 likes this.
  7. Block Hunt?

Posted Jan 7, 2020
  8. Hey!
    Thanks for the shoutout! I always love contributing ideas across Mineplex!

Some (more) ideas that I have thought of:

The Bridges, except all of the players are all on one team and one single Event Squad member is on another team. The players are given stone swords, chainmail armor, some food, and a stone axe. The Event Squad member is given OP Diamond Armor and Weapons, Notch Apples (like 2 maybe?), a few golden apples (3 or 4?) and some decent food. Actually, just give everyone 64 steaks because why not? In order to give an ES member the special armor, is it possible to put them into creative mode so they can spawn in the items? I thought I remembered ES members having this capability; but, I could be mistaken.
    This is basically like those YouTube challenge videos where it's like "I took on 100 people and won!" Those are always funny.

Dragons, except PVP is enabled. This would just be ludicrous, but damn would it be funny! Give the players a knockback 2 stick as well. Nothing that would slap them off to infinity, but something that would allow players to potentially kill other players. I am not sure if enabling PVP is possible in certain minigames, though.

Micro battles, but players are given a small amount of TNT (like 2 if there's a lot of players on (there usually are lmao)). They are also given a flint and steel a bit later into the game.
    Note: this is not throwing TNT; rather, this is vanilla TNT. Unless throwing TNT would be less laggy, in which case use that one.

Block Hunt: Chickens vs Hunters. Basically, every player who is hiding becomes a chicken, while every player who is hunting becomes a... not chicken. Players are given a 1 tap bow that can only achieve one tap if it is fully charged. Something around a Power 8 bow, which would allow Hunters to 1 tap hiders at full power, but will require hiders to shoot the hunters at full power around 3 times (at least, that is, for a hunter wearing Iron armor). The bow also has infinity, and players are given an arrow (if it is necessary. I am not too sure how Mineplex does their infinite bow system).

Some large map game (such as SG) where a size 100 slime is spawned. Okay, maybe not size 100, per se. But, a very large slime, to say the least.
    Here's a screenshot of a Slimezilla:
    [​IMG]
    This is a level 20 slime, which can only replicate itself 5 times. (Goes from size 20 to 10 to 5 to 2 to 1 then dies completely).
    In my opinion, it would be really funny to see players trying to "deal with" these massive slimes.

Have a great day, and I look forward to Thursday's event!

-Dan

Posted Jan 7, 2020,
    Last edited Jan 7, 2020
    xGetRektedx, Jaek, Korben and 2 others like this.
  9. Slimezilla. Love it. Honesly the evemt should just be everyone vs the biggest possible slime the server can handle lol

Posted Jan 7, 2020
    Danese likes this.
  10. Bunni, the Event Calender says that this event is the eighth of January

Posted Jan 7, 2020
  11. The event calendar adapts to your current timezone. This means that the event will be taking place on 8th jan in your timezone while it will be at 9th for other people.

Posted Jan 7, 2020
    Danese likes this.
  12. Just a quick question, is this eligible for Bedrock or Java or both?

Posted Jan 7, 2020
    Danese likes this.
  13. SUre
    It’s on the 9th of January, the event calendar just likes to be bad
    This is a java event; bedrock events aren’t really a thing currently. You can always suggest though!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 7, 2020
  14. I can't wait to attend this event, and I'm going to stream it. I'll be in the events lounge while I stream.

Posted Jan 8, 2020
    Bunni likes this.

15. This is basically kill the king/ one person having OP armor vs everyone else. It's something we do sometimes, but we can definitely do it again; however, it'll probably be the whole events team who is hosting versus all the players haha. And yes, we have ways to access those types of items, so it's not an issue.

Haha, that'd be fun. We can enable pvp, however not sure how much it'll work or how many people we'll have so we'll see.

Yeah, TNT micro battles is pretty fun. That's basically what you described ^-^

It would be hard to force people to be a specific disguise, so I'm not sure if we can really do this, but I'll keep it in mind.

Well the issue with large slimes is they can cause lag, I guess, if we have too many that are too big. So we'll have to limit it if we did it at all, but maybe!
    Did you have any specific modifiers to block hunt that you wanted to suggest?

---
    Also keep in mind if you guys want to suggest actual event maps, you could!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 9, 2020
    Danese and Klobby like this.
  16. Can we do Skywars, but everyone gets fly mode or a bunch of TNT

Posted Jan 9, 2020
  17. Fly mode isn't possible as it's not a thing, but TNT is a maybe.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 9, 2020
    Danese likes this.
  18. There is no fly mode because then it's not fair

Posted Jan 9, 2020