• 1243 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3822 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Well this is just sad

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by GrassBlocker, Nov 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    • Reverse Staff Action
    -snip-

I don't care that it's nighttime in the USA right now, this is supposed to be a worldwide server. Look at The Server That Must Not Be Named, it has 20k players while mineplex only has 200. Heck, even The Oldest Anarchy Server In Minecraft (props to you if you get that joke) has more players than Mineplex. That's just sad and dissapointing. What do you all think? Oh and btw, the server isn't down, I logged in just to check and everything is working fine, this is the real playercount of the server right now.

Posted Nov 13, 2019,
    Last edited by a Moderator Nov 14, 2019
  1. Yeah it's definitely disappointing and actually makes me worry about the future of Mineplex on Java...

Because I live in Australia I can barely even play Mineplex anymore, so many times I've logged on and had to get off 5 mins later because the game I'm interested in, Survival Games, is completely empty.

Really makes me miss the days when you could log in any hour any day, and there would always be more than enough people to get a game started.

I don't even care if Mineplex is #1 or not, I just wish I could actually play games.

Posted Nov 13, 2019
  2. Hey there!

This sucks. Trust me, I know. I specifically remember the day they hit 50k players and it was exhilarating. There’s no denying that the server has massively declined since the good old days.

I would like to point out one thing though. The time of posting was school time for the EU and in the middle of the night for the US. Basically everyone in the world right now but adults without jobs are otherwise occupied. When people simply don’t have time to play Mjneplex the player count goes down. I don’t think this is a good representation of what Mineplex can achieve with their players. In the middle of the day when everyone is out of school in the EU and US, the player count is around 2k or 1.5k. Minepelx has declined, but there’s no reason to spend all your time comparing it to what it used to be or other servers.

Posted Nov 13, 2019
    txmman2oo5 likes this.
  3. Don't forget that the bedrock mineplex gets a lot more players than java. Obviously java has declined, but that's not the true player count for all of mineplex. Right now, bedrock has over 6x as many players as java (2000 compared to 300) so if you add that to the total it doesn't look as bad.

Posted Nov 13, 2019
    txmman2oo5 and saltyfishhy like this.
  4. Hello!

Even though it was night time during this thread. You are right, the player number has gone done. A lot over the past years. However, this time was when the U.S was asleep. There are not many EU players anymore since there is no EU sever anymore. It becomes difficult for some EU players to play on the US server. Therefor, the number was very low at that time. During the day there are many more players. Just not as many as there used to, but still. I hope this was found helpful!

Posted Nov 13, 2019
    rockie777 and saltyfishhy like this.
  5. The bedrock server is a total mess at the moment because of the new update, your game crashes 50% of the time when you try to join a game and overall it is very glitchy. And even before the update there were a ton of glitches that made the game less enjoyable, but since the bedrock server has a much younger player base, they might not care as much about glitches/bugs since they're not mature enough yet to understand that glitches are unacceptable.
    EU players actually do make up a pretty large portion of this small playerbase, while it is true that the higher ping causes them to be bad at pvp (which is VERY bad on a server with this many competitive people/tryhards), they still try their best, and sometimes resort to using hacks such as reach *cough* balkans *cough*. The real issue here is that the server's already small player base keeps declining every day because of the lack of interest from the developers and higher staff. And since Mineplex is a much laggier server ping-wise than most other servers (I assume they had to cut down on their server costs which is what causes this), it makes it basically impossible to play if you're from the middle east/asia, and this cuts off alot of people from the server.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 13, 2019,
    Last edited Nov 13, 2019
  6. It's not just Mineplex though, take a look at other networks. Most of them on your server list have a similar number of players, and I don't understand why are you comparing the way bigger company to Mineplex.

Yeah, it is true that EU players are also active among the Mineplex community, but you have to understand that at that time, EU players are also busy with different things, such as school. Mineplex community has declined and that's what we do understand, there's no need to make another thread about it.
    I also don't get why are you only accusing Balkans of cheating, when that's a thing with other nations as well. Heck, I'm from Serbia as well and I've never even considered using any modifiers. It just seems wrong to call only Balkans out when people from other parts of the world cheat as well.

And although the Mineplex community had a drastic change over the years, I can't deny the fact that our community is very strong and that people here actually have a great time here when playing competitive, or non-competitive games.

Posted Nov 13, 2019
    Xukuri likes this.
  7. I think it's safe to say the minecraft java multiplayer fanbase has been going downhill ever since 2018. People keep saying how mineplex has less than 1k players online at once, how about other servers though? I don't see that many differences in player count. It's not just mineplex that's been losing players.

There is a countless amount of these threads and I fail to see what's the point of bringing up the same topic over and over again. I get your frustration, but there really isn't anything Mineplex can do about it other than staying strong and keep it the way it already is. For me, the player count doesn't mean anything as I still find myself having a great time on the server by just normally playing and enjoying features the server offers for us players.

Posted Nov 13, 2019
  8. I do get that oldest anarchy server joke lol. Also mineplex is an amazing server and my personal favorite. So what if one day it only has 200 players online, it doesn’t make it bad at all. Mineplex is still amazing.

Posted Nov 13, 2019,
    Last edited by a Moderator Nov 13, 2019
  9. games dont start so people leave

Posted Nov 13, 2019
  10. Well be that player who sets an example to others and stays and plays the games even when few are online.

Posted Nov 13, 2019
  11. Lmao

Posted Nov 13, 2019
  12. Im not sure that’s how that works

Posted Nov 13, 2019
  13. So many threads about the fall of Mplex, I mean the truth is in front of our faces. Mplex needs a hella large amount of work if it wants to improve. I have a ton of trouble everyday on this server and it never gets solved. I would argue though that this server has good connection in terms of ping. However, the rest is just kinda.. well I can't say what I want to.

Posted Nov 13, 2019
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  14. Truthfully, that's irrelevant to Java. Sure, the number of players on Mineplex servers is quite a few, but the Bedrock players aren't playing with the Java players and vice versa. I don't think that's really a relevant statistic.

Posted Nov 13, 2019
    Xukuri and SpitefulNick like this.
  15. Yea not many people play java and bestrock
    I do play both consistently and so do a few others but like you said, it’s not really relevant

Posted Nov 13, 2019
  16. Start placing your bets on when the server is going to shut down...

Posted Nov 13, 2019
    KarmaCallama likes this.
  17. Hey, so you posted this at 4:32 AM on a school night, the Mineplex server is predominantly North America so you just have to understand that most people are asleep at this time. Obviously the server you are talking about is huge but they also have more diversity so people are always on over there. Hope this helped have a nice day!

Posted Nov 13, 2019
    Degagelemming95 likes this.
  18. What I mean by that is show loyalty to something and it doesn’t matter how many players are on. I admit more players more fun but still.

Posted Nov 13, 2019
  19. Any normal player isn’t going to say “oh look 2 players on that game, that’s dedication. Imma play that too cuz I want to be like them and support the server!”

Posted Nov 13, 2019
    Steven190 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.